The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Balcony used to be my regular when I was in my mosher phase. Was fantastic banter, music and games of pool on shit tables. 

Many many moons ago I remember gigging in the Balcony Bar. We were asked at short notice to step in for a mates band. He missed out the fine detail that it was a punk feminist gig. My band, prog rock consisting of 5 blokes, turning up wasn't exactly well received. 

Must have been about 2004/5, peak mosh time. Great times. Much preferred gigging and frequenting the West Port Bar (original) upstairs for gigs and the old Doghouse before it changed to Dukes Corner though.

On the Mark Connolly debacle, I think the taxi drehver should be outed so we know who he supports. It definitely wasn't me. I think he'll be a big miss when his contract is terminated. Honestly. I mean, if it was me I'd have dropped him off in Fintry or something.

On 30/08/2020 at 20:17, Patter Is Like Water said:
On 30/08/2020 at 12:20, ArabianKnight said:
Very strong chance that Finnish laddy will be joining in the next couple of weeks I've heard. 
Not so sure Pav is gonna join now, as confirmed by Scott Burns that's a big bridge to cross in terms of wages and possible fee to his current club. 
Really hope the club cool off on Norwood and get a less crocked younger player in emoji23.png

Stop making up shitey transfer rumours as you obviously know f**k all

On 31/08/2020 at 20:52, Patter Is Like Water said:

Hmmm you said that he was joining imnitenly last month I'm sure? No offence but you and your source mean f**k all as you're famous for talking nonsense on this forum. 

23 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

9 weeks ago. Ha ha 

20 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Now that Arabian knight has been outed as a liar and a con man it is only right he must resign from the forum with immediate effect.

14 hours ago, Patter Is Like Water said:

So now you're trying to deflect cause I'm calling you out on your BS and now you don't have any inside knowledge all of a sudden... Jesus christ just give it up cause you're no fooling anybody. 

10 hours ago, Patter Is Like Water said:

The rumours aren't the issue, it's the whole pretending to be "in the know" sort of behaviour. 

Oh dear.

Guest Patter Is Like Water

Are you boys daft? He was meant to be joining in June on 2 year deal then apparently his wages were too high so he wasn't joining anymore as of today but now he is in talks about a loan deal now... Aye okay. 

Would you look at that eh. 

36 minutes ago, Patter Is Like Water said:

Are you boys daft? He was meant to be joining in June on 2 year deal then apparently his wages were too high so he wasn't joining anymore as of today but now he is in talks about a loan deal now... Aye okay. 

You do realise clubs taking players on loan only pay part of the wages yeah. 

So if they weren't going to sign permanent because wages were too high then an option where those wages are reduced would be much better for United. 

Anyways get pumped. Now you can stop following me around saying I'm making stuff up. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

48 minutes ago, Patter Is Like Water said:

Poor, this.

Are you a taxi driver by any chance?