The Dundee United Thread 22/23

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What was Harry Lewis like lads?

Believe you had him on loan a couple years ago.

He started off pretty well then absolutely fell to bits due to his inexperience and the terrible backline in front of him. His time with us was an absolute disaster that's probably stunted his development. He was terrible by the end of his time (look up the first leg of the livi play-off), If he's got his confidence back he should be good but if not you're fuuuuucked.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

What was Harry Lewis like lads?

Believe you had him on loan a couple years ago.

I wouldn't read too much into the negative comments. He didn't do well but he was very young and inexperienced and played far too many games with his confidence shot. Suggestions that the loan deal stipulated that he had to play or United had to pick up his wages (no idea whether that's true). For that (or some other reason) he was left  in the team for far too long when playing badly and it just got progressively worse. He might develop into a perfectly decent keeper but he was nowhere good enough to command the number of appearances he had when he was with us.

23 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

He started off pretty well then absolutely fell to bits due to his inexperience and the terrible backline in front of him. His time with us was an absolute disaster that's probably stunted his development. He was terrible by the end of his time (look up the first leg of the livi play-off), If he's got his confidence back he should be good but if not you're fuuuuucked.

This, I felt really sorry for him. Young, inexperienced but clearly promising goalkeeper who started well but was in a rapidly declining team and completely lost his confidence. There's a good talent in there but hopefully it hasn't ruined him. Seemed a lovely guy too

1 hour ago, Swing Kicker said:

This, I felt really sorry for him. Young, inexperienced but clearly promising goalkeeper who started well but was in a rapidly declining team and completely lost his confidence. There's a good talent in there but hopefully it hasn't ruined him. Seemed a lovely guy too

Pretty much this. Bundles of potential but wasn't ready for first team football when at us, not helped by bad management and a fucking atrocious defence in front of him. Seemed like a nice lad, so hope he does well in his career.

I was quite impressed by Lewis during the pre-season/ League cup of 2017/18, so all I'll say in his defence is that it's a little harsh to expect anyone who spent a year being managed by Ray McKinnon then Csaba Laszlo to come away with any signs of improvement to show for it.