The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

I don’t get the Lyndon Dykes thing. I’m clearly missing something 

Big physical striker who regularly chucked Celtic/Rangers CBs around the pitch.

Its obvious why EFL sides were interested.

18 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Benji; Neilson, Connolly, Reynolds, Robson; butcher, Harkes, Pawlett; Chalmers, Clark, Bolton

3 5 2 with Bolton and Clark up front?

Or 4 4 2  with Neilson at RB?

Or (and looking at the semicolons) 4 3 3 with Neilson at right back AND Bolton, Chalmers and Clark up top?

If so, very brave and I like it (except Neilson at RB but other than Bolton who else is there? ). Would probably take 5 off Celtic but if we have a go and score then I'm fine with that. 

Is big Loius out?

7 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Just a text I got. Don’t shoot the messenger (not the 11 I’d have picked anyway)

I hope it’s wrong & Shankland is in. We’ll see... 

Indeed we shall. Probably won't matter what 11 he picks, we'll obviously get beat as its Celtic for f**k sake.

A solid team performance and making them work hard for their victory wouldnt be the worst thing to happen. 

Im going 0-2 to them. A free kick and a referee inspired pelanty as we press for an equaliser late in the game. The anemic vampire with popcorn teeth Lennon to patronisingly welcome us back to the big time and hope we make top 6 to guarantee them the full 12 points this season.

10 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Just a text I got. Don’t shoot the messenger (not the 11 I’d have picked anyway)

I hope it’s wrong & Shankland is in. We’ll see... 

Have we ever been told what injury Shankland has and when he might be fit again? That's pretty standard info usually.

14 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Have we ever been told what injury Shankland has and when he might be fit again? That's pretty standard info usually.

Can’t see how it benefits the club to broadcast the nature or extent of the injury.

12 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Yes, we were told that he didn't play v Motherwell due to a wee niggle and he'd be back for the Hibs game 3 days later

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Its not an injury. Hes powering up and about to reach his final form before absolutely rinsing this league.

113800663_tenor(8).gif.69a234a57c9b1fed364df812c554752a.gif

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Can’t see how it benefits the club to broadcast the nature or extent of the injury.

Like that has stopped every other club with pretty much every other injury, ever, from giving some details.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
1 hour ago, ArabFC said:
Like that has stopped every other club with pretty much every other injury, ever, from giving some details.

Most players don't have as much attention on them as Shankland does though. Quite suspicious, makes you think there are teams sniffing about him.

Of course there will be. Until there's an actual offer they can sniff Mr Ogrens arse.