The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Peterhead's a good ground, also good for 1m social distancing, two large stands so could get 1,000 or so in at Balmoor.

5 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hopefully we'll get a wee trip to Kelty. I have been to a couple of games there and it's a nice wee ground. Also hoping we get a not-so-wee trip to Peterhead, as it's one of the five SPFL grounds I have never visited.

Assuming we can get to games by then, of course...

St Johnstone and Brechin are United's away games. 

If you want to bring up the fact that ST is a bit of a wrong un then fine. I dont think you will find many Arabs disagreeing.

The nature of football message boards  unfortunately means it looks like folk are trying to score points rather than your honest intention to bring it to our attention as a public service.

That photo was doing the rounds as far back as October last year so a bit weird to bring it up now too.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That photo was doing the rounds as far back as October last year so a bit weird to bring it up now too.

I didn't know that and it was a United fan that sent it to me yesterday. Seems like a lot of folk missed out on it in October if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

Its disgusting full stop, don't understand why you brought it up tbh 

Your former owner - who was caught texting a 14 year old girl years ago - has regularly been called (and in turn defended) a nonce. 

He's now engaged to a girl a third of his age and by quick math works out around the same age as the girl the was caught messaging years ago. 

I'd prefer people were called out on this behaviour - if you want to sit and say nothing then that's entirely upto yourself. 

Will you be calling out your fellow Dundee United supporters who commented too, or just the one that supports Dundee? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Your former owner - who was caught texting a 14 year old girl years ago - has regularly been called (and in turn defended) a nonce. 

He's now engaged to a girl a third of his age and by quick math works out around the same age as the girl the was caught messaging years ago. 

I'd prefer people were called out on this behaviour - if you want to sit and say nothing then that's entirely upto yourself. 

Will you be calling out your fellow Dundee United supporters who commented too, or just the one that supports Dundee? 

If you want to "call him out" write an article or post the picture on facebook or twitter. Don't post it on a niche forum.

Dundee United fans hate Stephen Thompson for a variety of reasons, being a nonce will be one of them.

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

If you want to "call him out" write an article or post the picture on facebook or twitter. Don't post it on a niche forum.

What a bizarre take on it that is. "Write it on social media, just not this social media". 

Think it's best left at that. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

What a bizarre take on it that is. "Write it on social media, just not this social media". 

Think it's best left at that. 

My point is that if you actually cared about "calling him out", you would do it in a way so that the most possible people would see it. Not on a football website that I can't imagine that many people actually go on regularly.

edit - Also, even if United fans are disgusted it doesn't really have much relevance, he's  not involved in the club in anyway, I can't think of anyone involved on the playing side still at the club that would've been appointed by him and The Thompson era feels a million years ago.

Edited by Accent-Unknown

8 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

My point is that if you actually cared about "calling him out", you would do it in a way so that the most possible people would see it. 

I done it to him himself and ended up barred from the Arch in the Ferry for doing so. I'm not away to witch hunt him over the Internet, if I wanted to do that to people I'd join one of those peado groups. I posted it here, on a football forum on a club topic of which hr used to own. That's the most prevalent place I see fit to post it. If you disagree with that then so be it.