The Dundee United Thread 22/23

It's too early to come to any conclusions about Mellon but he is saying the right things. The improvement in Harkes, Robson and Pawlett is noted and he must take some credit.

Would like to see if he can get Shankland and Appere playing together although I still fear we will lose Shankland in this window.

3 hours ago, Aladdin said:

It's too early to come to any conclusions about Mellon but he is saying the right things. The improvement in Harkes, Robson and Pawlett is noted and he must take some credit.

Would like to see if he can get Shankland and Appere playing together although I still fear we will lose Shankland in this window.

Yeah, let’s hope we’re as full as praise at the end of the season as we are now.  It would be great to have a manager who delivers.  Anything above 10th place would be a bonus in our first season back and I’m cautiously optimistic that Mellon can deliver that.

Mind you I was excited when we appointed Neilson.:(

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ wanted to keep Csaba.

At least Csabas interviews were  less boring than Robbie "Mumbles" Neilson.

MM has spoken really well, seems to do the simple and obvious things like play players in the correct positions and change formations to fit the available players. The things the last 4 or 5 managers have failed to do on a regular basis.

He dosent try to make football management out like its rocket science. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

18 points is a big gap but you'd hope we'd be able to get that back over our 27 games in hand.

Ee_uGlOXsAEizB5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

To be fair, if Hearts were about to go on a winning streak in their last 8 games then we still have plenty of time to turn it around. 

Hopefully we'll get a wee trip to Kelty. I have been to a couple of games there and it's a nice wee ground. Also hoping we get a not-so-wee trip to Peterhead, as it's one of the five SPFL grounds I have never visited.

Assuming we can get to games by then, of course...

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hopefully we'll get a wee trip to Kelty. I have been to a couple of games there and it's a nice wee ground. Also hoping we get a not-so-wee trip to Peterhead, as it's one of the five SPFL grounds I have never visited.

Assuming we can get to games by then, of course...

Peterhead's a good ground, also good for 1m social distancing, two large stands so could get 1,000 or so in at Balmoor.