The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Ffs, some people you don't know are saying this thing but other people you don't know are saying that thing!

He's nothing if not consistent. 

Do you only ever quote people you know personally? 

This is quite a few times you've posted that word for word. You're nothing if not consistent. 

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

you should know this, you are on this website 24/7. 

What a strange comment to post. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

If they weren't thinking it was possible they simply would not mention it. 

Wait what. So by people posting saying that don't think it will happen that's somehow a tacit admission they actually think it's possible. 

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but that makes no sense to me. 

14 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Wait what. So by people posting saying that don't think it will happen that's somehow a tacit admission they actually think it's possible. 

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but that makes no sense to me. 

Its a Dundee fan. I suppose that tells us everything we need to know.

1 minute ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Jackson Irvine in talks according to Tekel.

A quick look on Twitter and I can see he is being linked with Bristol City, Wycombe Wanderers and possibly Hibs.

Admittedly some of that is just fan speculation but I would imagine the above is too.

Not saying we'll sign him, but Jackson Irvine is EXACTLY the sort of midfielder we need. No2 on my priority list after a centre-back.

So you can see why Micky would be interested, even if he got the big 'fcuk-off'.

I noticed Stephen Kingsley left Hull at the same time. We don't need a left back, but it does indicate that there is decent players available out there right now.

55 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Not saying we'll sign him, but Jackson Irvine is EXACTLY the sort of midfielder we need. No2 on my priority list after a centre-back.

So you can see why Micky would be interested, even if he got the big 'fcuk-off'.

I noticed Stephen Kingsley left Hull at the same time. We don't need a left back, but it does indicate that there is decent players available out there right now.

Kingsley can play LCB quite well no? Would have him defintely.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't think we'll sign Ramos, Pique or Van Dijk.

I suppose it's possible though.

Don't think we should be going for a couple of older players with no sell on potential who'd only be coming for a final pay day. Would rather give the young lads a chance personally.

Would be a no from me.

Van Dijk could be a no bad signing though. Don't think he's affy much better than Reynolds and Connolly though and he's disappeared down south and done nothing of note for a while. Would be last chance saloon for him.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Judging by his instagram, he’s flying out of Australia, presumably with the intention of signing for someone.  Think he’s probably out of most SPFL teams’ budgets at this point.  

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

With Jackson Irvine all but confirmed, a central defender and another forward seem to be the most likely signings next.

I'm hearing the name Joe Walsh.

Are you high on rocky mountains?

Dang! I got mixed up with John Denver who was more of a left winger than central defender.

Edited by sheikyerbouti

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't think we'll sign Ramos, Pique or Van Dijk.

I suppose it's possible though.

That's exactly it. Nobody writes this because they know it won't happen. Writing it now as a piss take doesn't change that. Glad it's been rubbished now by Mr Burns. Has he passed comment on Shankland and if its possible to both be in Glasgow AND appear on Zoom in the same day?