The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I hope it provides the service it is selling in that article. There will be much more pressure on clubs to offer a much higher end product if we are to be all stuck in the house watching football for the time being. 

8 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

90 seconds of highlights on YouTube inform me that he's a stocky wee b*****d who likes to steam into folk. I'm in.

Looks more like a right-back than a winger, and we don't really need a right-back, but I guess the thinking is that he's fast and he'll prob be good technically and can be pushed further up the park.

13 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Looks more like a right-back than a winger, and we don't really need a right-back, but I guess the thinking is that he's fast and he'll prob be good technically and can be pushed further up the park.

He certainly goes into challenges like a full back. I think, from reading twitter comments, started as a winger but was converted to an attacking full back with Luton last season. Hopefully it's good competition in both positions.

19 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Since Gary Dempsey has left his sports scientist role today I would assume that there will be a replacement shortly. 

I wonder if Mickey will look to bring in the guy he had at Tranmere who had the same role there.

There were a couple of names posted a few pages back, one at least a sports scientist.

Edit: Riker and La Forge?

Edited by Pull My Strings

Another friendly today and once again zero communication from the club re line-up or score updates. Our pre season coverage has been absolutely shocking, the fans have been starved of any action yet our final friendly just 1 week before the season starts goes by completely unreported. 

20 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Another friendly today and once again zero communication from the club re line-up or score updates. Our pre season coverage has been absolutely shocking, the fans have been starved of any action yet our final friendly just 1 week before the season starts goes by completely unreported. 

Who is it against?

20 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Majority of other clubs have been the exact same.

43 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

I follow Locomotive Leipzig in the German Regionally Nordost. Their season finished a few weeks ago with the playoffs for Bundesliga 3, and new season starting in a few weeks, but every friendly has had constant updates, complete with photos of action etc. If a club at that level can manage it surely United can. I know the likes of photos etc will be difficult here due to the restrictions still on attending in Stadia etc but it surely wouldn't be difficult to provide lineups and action updates from a clean room with a view.