The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm afraid I'm not quite as confident in this as you. McMullan was reasonably effective against Championship defences, but also flattered to deceive quite often.

Obviously I'll be delighted when he proves me wrong

I agree. McMullan wont be good enough to be our main attacking threat on the right. We need an upgrade on him and an out an out left winger too.

McMullan would be more suited to coming on late on in games to run at tired defences.

ETA a centre half and creative midfielder is more of a priority though.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm afraid I'm not quite as confident in this as you. McMullan was reasonably effective against Championship defences, but also flattered to deceive quite often.

Obviously I'll be delighted when he proves me wrong

Capable being the operative word there.

16 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I’m not so bothered about depth, but the Connolly/Reynolds and Harkes/Butcher partnerships won’t be good enough. That said, bringing in an upgrade on Reynolds makes him the depth etc.

You'd be far better replacing Connolly first, tbh. Reynolds lacks pace but at least he can read a game. 

Connolly lacks pace, composure and any semblance of ability to control his emotions. Bull in a China shop that'll cost you far more than Reynolds ever would. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

You'd be far better replacing Connolly first, tbh. Reynolds lacks pace but at least he can read a game. 

Connolly lacks pace, composure and any semblance of ability to control his emotions. Bull in a China shop that'll cost you far more than Reynolds ever would. 

This is fair.

My namesake reminds me of Garry Kenneth without the restraint. What we'd give for an Andy Webster type in there controlling him the way he did with Kenneth.

Just looking at the October fixtures, when hopefully there will be crowds back again, and we have 4 local matches:

Livi (H) 02/10

Aberdeen (H) 17/10

St Johnstone (A) 24/10

Ross County (H) 31/10

cat shaq GIF

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I want replacements for both so... meh!

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Reynolds keeps the captaincy.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

100% agree.

Wonders will never cease in these strange times.....

3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I want replacements for both so... meh!

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Reynolds keeps the captaincy.

Why would he be stripped of the captaincy? Spoiler alert: he wont be

No reason why Reynolds would lose his club captaincy. I think he, Butcher and Connolly (possibly Clark) are all part of the ‘leadership team’ put together by the squad. I’ve heard Connolly talk about that before, the fact that three or four of them are all in this little group.