The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
53 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:
Mr Mellon talked with the board at 4pm today. 

Warming to this guy for reasons I do not know.

If he is appointed, I’d be very disappointed if somebody didn’t open a fruit and veg stall called Mickey’s Mellons.

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Would be a real cantaloupe to get someone of his calibre.

Reveal hidden contents

Cantaloupe is a bit like coup

I was on the verge of posting something similar, I’m glad I didn’t; though the wording of mine would have been funnier.

Back page of the Courier saying it’s Melon; certainly looks like it would be a decent appointment.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I was on the verge of posting something similar, I’m glad I didn’t; though the wording of mine would have been funnier.

Back page of the Courier saying it’s Melon; certainly looks like it would be a decent appointment.

I now hope its Melon too but the fact it's on the Courier back page means that they've been reading internet forums. 

6 minutes ago, Dan Danger said:

And he just got them relegated 

I trust Tranmere fans view on him and they  dont blame him for the position they finished in. He took them to 2 promotions in a row  and they say his budget for League 1 was lower than most of the other clubs  and most of the team were the ones he had when they were in the National League. In other words he was overachieving at Tranmere. 

And he just got them relegated 

Whilst it looks bad there are obvious mitigating circumstances and the fans that I’ve seen on social media don’t seem to blame him for what has happened on the pitch this year.

Seems like he has been shafted in terms of recruitment (although I’ve just had a look and there was a huge turnover of players this season) and there were factors out with his control. It was also after two successive promotions. There is enough about Mellon that suggests he would be a potentially decent appointment. Over 500 games in management with a solid win % despite the relegation this year.

I’d be very intrigued by this if it happens.

Plus he isn’t Malky so that’s a bonus.

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I’d be very intrigued by this if it happens.

Aye, doubt anyone up here even knew he was until he started to get linked.

Always better to hire a potential failure, rather than a proven one, if that makes sense.