The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

17 shops of around 3-6m each which account for what anywhere near 100m on their own which was the retail side of the business then you have 100m-ish for the other side of the business. 

Shops going for millions each? That doesn’t sound right.

51 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I mean, I've given you a factual example of how much Ogren sold a gas station for, confirmed by the man himself, and youre trying to contest that by posting random ones for sale in a completely different country.

Do you have a brain?

Ogren, clearly doesn't seem to have the wealth of Keyes, but by Scottish footballing standards they're both 'loaded' so really it's just tit for tat stuff to be bothered by 'how much' they have. I'd suggest the more concerning thing, for both clubs, is how long and how much will they continually pump money into the black hole of our two clubs. Keyes has covered any and all debts for 7 year and Ogren covered a massive loss last year and so far Keyes has proven he's in it for the long haul (And all signs point to Ogren doing likewise).

Both clubs are in a position of everything is rosy, until it's not. Such is the nature of being owned by someone with little affiliation to the club and pretty much the same as most other clubs in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Keyes has covered any and all debts for 7 year and Ogren covered a massive loss last year and so far Keyes has proven he's in it for the long haul (And all signs point to Ogren doing likewise).

Both clubs are an America's plaything. Both could end up in a perilous position extremely quickly. The thing Dundee have is that Keyes has covered losses and taken a bigger stake in the club as 'payment' for doing so. Ogren is plugging the gaps with loans and saying he doesn't want the money back right now. 

It's pretty much the exact carbon copy of the last time they went 'debt free' except this time Mr Spiers hasn't come out singing their praises. As of yet. 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, I've given you a factual example of how much Ogren sold a gas station for, confirmed by the man himself, and youre trying to contest that by posting random ones for sale in a completely different country.

Do you have a brain?

Facts 😂 a bit vague. I gave you facts about his business. As for the brains 😂 holy f**k. 

Regards the sales in different countries I take it Minnesota isn’t in the USA then. Gas/petrol stations for sale for 100 grand but you think he sold 1 for how much 😂

Edited by Yenitit

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Facts 😂 a bit vague. I gave you facts about his business. As for the brains 😂 holy f**k. 

Regards the sales in different countries I take it Minnesota isn’t in the USA then. Gas/petrol stations for sale for 100 grand but you think he sold 1 for how much 😂

Pity you didn't look as hard at the Chuckle Brothers and Callum Melville's dodgy bookkeeping...

19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Both clubs are an America's plaything. Both could end up in a perilous position extremely quickly. The thing Dundee have is that Keyes has covered losses and taken a bigger stake in the club as 'payment' for doing so. Ogren is plugging the gaps with loans and saying he doesn't want the money back right now. 

It's pretty much the exact carbon copy of the last time they went 'debt free' except this time Mr Spiers hasn't come out singing their praises. As of yet. 

You've said it better than I could! Wasn't aware of the fact Ogren was using his finance as loans to the club. Certainly interesting.

Edited by Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

Pity you didn't look as hard at the Chuckle Brothers and Callum Melville's dodgy bookkeeping...

You learn after a 2nd time! Granted I thought Peter would’ve made a success of it and I’d imagine most involved in football around Dundee at the time would’ve thought the same. Not many around our area with his kind of finances either. When the wage bill gets out of hand your up shit creek tho and I’m not sure he ever had losses in 1 season like Utd have in the last 2 seasons under Ogren’s watch. 

13 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Yenitit is a Dundee fan. Infatuation with United is part of the job description.

It's the biggest part of the job. 

Hatred, jealousy of and a secret deep down confusing school boy type first love of DUFC is in the "Essentail Requirements" column.

Even Supporting DFC is in the "Desirable" column.

To be honest, I’ll give Ogren the benefit of the doubt for now. If he’s got money to waste (like Eddie did) on United that’s his call.

As long as he’s not taking the piss with fantasy ideas like funding a new stadium, I’m cool.

This best bit about the rivalry is when Dundee fans come onto Dundee United topic, to talk of Dundee United they are called obsessed and jealous by posters whom, for the life of them, cannot make a post in the Dundee United topic (the team they support) without mentioning Dundee (a team they don't support, nor what the topic is about). 

Gets me everytime. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This best bit about the rivalry is when Dundee fans come onto Dundee United topic, to talk of Dundee United they are called obsessed and jealous by posters whom, for the life of them, cannot make a post in the Dundee United topic (the team they support) without mentioning Dundee (a team they don't support, nor what the topic is about). 

Gets me everytime. 

How you doing, mate? Long time no speak.

*apologies if you’re no Dee Boy.