The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Is the 250k bid for Nisbet on the thought that you'll get a whack of money for Shankland? Seems a bit of a crazy time to be throwing that sort of money about even if you've got a wedge to play with and Nisbet/Shankland struck me as similar types of player rather than a complimentary pairing? Fair fucks if you plan on going into the season with Nisbet/Shankland/Clark as your forwards though, that's some attacking threat.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is the 250k bid for Nisbet on the thought that you'll get a whack of money for Shankland? Seems a bit of a crazy time to be throwing that sort of money about even if you've got a wedge to play with and Nisbet/Shankland struck me as similar types of player rather than a complimentary pairing? Fair fucks if you plan on going into the season with Nisbet/Shankland/Clark as your forwards though, that's some attacking threat.

Opposing view being this is exactly the time to spend some cash, if we have it, as we may have a chance of getting players we otherwise wouldn't. If everyone else is skint / desperate and we aren't then possibly bargains out there and less competition to snap them up. 

Trying to get a cheap replacement for shankland.
Nisbet is probably as good imo. Certainly a better link up player.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Taking advantage of a depressed market presumably. For all the scepticism elsewhere Ogren has been pretty consistent in his stated desire to make money by first building the club up.

Some folk baulked at the notion that United could sign Shankland last year but whatever he cost we'll almost certainly make a very healthy profit on it, even with a global pandemic fucking the economy. Nisbet' s presumably a similar project.

Quick question! Does anybody believe that Anne Budge and her squad of Jambo ThunderCunts have any chance at all of stopping our promotion?

I know there is a reconstruction thread but keen to get fellow Arabs views on this on this one.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Quick question! Does anybody believe that Anne Budge and her squad of Jambo ThunderCunts have any chance at all of stopping our promotion?

I know there is a reconstruction thread but keen to get fellow Arabs views on this on this one.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure that Hearts trying to take on an American millionaire will end well for them.

44 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Thoughts?

No. Hearts are at it. They've had months to challenge our promotion but instead spent it whining about reconstruction. The prejudice to United in cancelling promotion (after we've spent money renewing contracts, getting back to training etc) would be too great for the courts to even consider. IMO.

Hearts seem to think them getting relegated despite being shit and only winning 4 games all season is a bigger injustice than Utd being denied promotion despite being top of the league from week 1 and sitting 14 points clear.

Thankfully I dont think Hearts have a chance and this whole thing is nothing more than desperate pandering by Budge trying to get Hearts fans back on her side.

Hertz - at it. 

Hoping to put the shits up Doncaster for an out of court compensation pay oot as they're fucked. 

Partick - like the wee kid at school who cheers on but hides behind the bully and takes a wee cut of the sweeties. Also at it.

It's hard to know, because within the plethora of club statements there has been very little detail.

It looks to me that they want a judicial review of the decision to end the season and declare promotion and relegation - long story short, it's highly unlikely a court would undo that decision unless procedural impropriety or Wednesbury unreasonableness (look it up, guys) could be established. Failing that, they're after compensation. More likely, but they would have to show loss which was caused by a civil wrong. Easy to show loss, maybe less easy to establish a civil wrong. The league took a vote, and they lost pretty comprehensively.

Er, I think...

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

Thoughts?

Don’t worry, we will organise a friendly between us as compensation if that happens 😁