The Dundee United Thread 22/23

38 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Thats the only two batches of kit ive seen. The bottom ones were the ones i was sent today

Ah, I jumped the gun, given that you are the P&B 'insider' with the club I thought you had maybe seen the actual tops. 

I had seen the second batch of concepts today also. Seems to be a thing on Instagram especially, people making 'edits' and coming up with all of these different concept tops. Some are brilliant (like the first batch), some are not (like the second). 

The fear is still there with the actual new kits though, usually when a club talk about doing something "different" it doesn't end well (plus as I said, Macron will have given the club freedom to design whatever they want).

38 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Ah, I jumped the gun, given that you are the P&B 'insider' with the club I thought you had maybe seen the actual tops. 

I had seen the second batch of concepts today also. Seems to be a thing on Instagram especially, people making 'edits' and coming up with all of these different concept tops. Some are brilliant (like the first batch), some are not (like the second). 

The fear is still there with the actual new kits though, usually when a club talk about doing something "different" it doesn't end well (plus as I said, Macron will have given the club freedom to design whatever they want).

This.. @Twinkle I thought you had some inside info on them 🤣

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Welcome back. Is Connolly still playing for you? If so, he'll be delighted to hear Cody Cooke is moving on.

It was Danny Mullen that scored. If you're gonna try and wind us up at least do it properly.

42 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Who's Cody Cooke?

8 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

It was Danny Mullen that scored. If you're gonna try and wind us up at least do it properly.

Cody Cooke monstered Connolly and made him completely lose his head. He 100% looked like he was going to cry at one stage.

Mullen is also leaving, tbf.

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Cody Cooke monstered Connolly and made him completely lose his head. He 100% looked like he was going to cry at one stage.

Mullen is also leaving, tbf.

I can't say I noticed. Maybe it was a particularly subtle monstering.  Whispering awfy things in his ear about loved ones.

4 hours ago, Twinkle said:

For every cracker there are these abominations...IMG_20200607_175035.jpeg

The old badge on the green jersey: did the club not have to change that in the nineties because of the limitations on using a Rampant Lion in certain coats of arms? That particular badge broke heraldry law, as administered by the Court of the Lord Lyon, in my recall, but I may well be mistaken.

Perhaps there is a way round it, by not using a shield bordering the badge.

In any case, these designs look poor, but perhaps the quality of the image lets them down, and they'd look better viewed in person. 

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

For every cracker there are these abominations...IMG_20200607_175035.jpeg

The tangerine one looks like it's supposed to have some sort of design in the blend to black, maybe like the supposed "City skyline" on the old Glasgow Warriors change top

Glasgow-Warriors-Strip-2015-2016.jpg

5 hours ago, stumigoo said:

This season's strips are the best in a looooooong time - so much so that its a shame we replace them every year.

Given the high standard of Macron kits elsewhere I doubt its the clubs designing them, even if they do have a sign-off on them.

9 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can't say I noticed. Maybe it was a particularly subtle monstering.  Whispering awfy things in his ear about loved ones.

That was Frazer Wright and Ciftci.

1031545244_imageproxy(4).gif.bf2a42ff273e4f1d3b29242f3d8a5c7d.gif

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Being reported that we are after Nisbet again. Personally, I assume that it is just lazy ‘insert obvious player’ journalism as per every summer.

While that would be a great signing I really cant see us splashing cash on anyone given the current climate. That would be nuts.

I keep going into the Championship thread by mistake.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

While that would be a great signing I really cant see us splashing cash on anyone given the current climate. That would be nuts.

People on social media are linking an article today where Neilson talks about money being available for signings of 'value', so for players that could have a decent sell-on we might be in position to do something. Might just be bluster though, and as you say, the current climate will not make it easy to part with any larger sums of cash at the moment.