Null and void u-turn

9 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Why did he resign then

Resign or re-sign?

Listen pal, you've been at this all day. You must be shattered. Away to your bed and think about all the good you have brought to the situation and start again tomorrow.

Resign or re-sign?
Listen pal, you've been at this all day. You must be shattered. Away to your bed and think about all the good you have brought to the situation and start again tomorrow.

It says resign not re-sign I’m fine thanks for your concern think about your pearls of wisdom when your doing the same on other posts
As master yoda wud day the deflection in you is strong

15 hours ago, traffordab said:

The clear out won't happen.

The credible people with any kind of experience aren't there. 

One or two who are trying to position themselves are disliked by the majority of junior clubs from west of scotland. 

The majority of people running the juniors in the west of Scotland league will be junior men that's the reality of the situation many of them are suitable, have the experience and in the main have ran a steady ship for years. 

Johnson has junior cup to organise  and Robertson has gone so those two won't be involved.

Those two will be in hiding after that result today

Erm,...I wasn't going to say anything more on the subject...but does anyone rational who actually knows anything about fitba (and who doesn't have an axe to grind because their own team couldn't possibly have qualified) realistically believe that Talbot wouldn't have won the league if it had been played to a conclusion ?

If the acting President of the WR was advised after the WR meeting on April 14th by the SFA that a nomination for entry into the Scottish Cup would be unacceptable but a declared winner would be acceptable then he would be letting Member Clubs down if this wasn't reported to the Management Committee for further discussion. 

It would then be up to the Management Committee to discuss if the WR wanted to put forward a representative. If they did, then discuss by what means. This would be a WR decision. 

There would be no requirement to destroy Minutes. Simply update them to report that further information had come to light. 

Mr Chisholm is being vilified as his Club, the much envied Auchinleck Talbot, was the beneficiary of a WR Management decision. He wouldnt have been doing his job representing WR Clubs had he not reported back with new information. 

If the beneficiary had been any other Club there would be no issue. I would hope that the Minutes from 14th would be incorporated into the Minutes from subsequent Meetings rather than destroyed, as was reported. 

Edited by the rambler

10 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

To be honest M8 I have no interest in Kilwinning until you meet us.

That's an arrogant response. I'm sure most Talbot fans wouldn't agree with you. You do yourself and your club no favours with that comment. You are the type of fan that gives your club a bad name.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:
54 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:
He probably resigned to free him up to head the independent investigation. 

Don't be ridiculous, they need someone with no connections to the WRJFA. So TJ then.....

At this point some posters may think we're being ridiculous and a bit silly, but just you wait and see.

4 hours ago, the rambler said:

If the acting President of the WR was advised after the WR meeting on April 14th by the SFA that a nomination for entry into the Scottish Cup would be unacceptable but a declared winner would be acceptable then he would be letting Member Clubs down if this wasn't reported to the Management Committee for further discussion. 

It would then be up to the Management Committee to discuss if the WR wanted to put forward a representative. If they did, then discuss by what means. This would be a WR decision. 

There would be no requirement to destroy Minutes. Simply update them to report that further information had come to light. 

Mr Chisholm is being vilified as his Club, the much envied Auchinleck Talbot, was the beneficiary of a WR Management decision. He wouldnt have been doing his job representing WR Clubs had he not reported back with new information. 

If the beneficiary had been any other Club there would be no issue. I would hope that the Minutes from 14th would be incorporated into the Minutes from subsequent Meetings rather than destroyed, as was reported. 

Spot on mate. Absolute storm in a teacup. 

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So if, as a result of the inquiry, the season is declared null and void, does that mean it will be back to a 17 team league next season?

Or do Talbot receive a ban from the Scottish Cup, Get demoted into one of the conferences and their officials receive a ban from sitting on any league or SFA committees?

9 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Or do Talbot receive a ban from the Scottish Cup, Get demoted into one of the conferences and their officials receive a ban from sitting on any league or SFA committees?

I wonder which would make you happier. Have your big roll of Plenty ready.

ETA- I was asking a genuine question.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Dear oh dear the lifelong boys club supporter is trying to dish it out to a auchinleck talbot fan.

What kind of parallel universe is this it's comedy gold 🤣.

So because he supports a club that started off as a boys club he is not allowed an opinion?

Everyone who supports non-SFPL clubs, supports diddies. I'm happy to admit I support a "diddy club" as I much prefer this level over the top levels. Do you realise how ridiculous it looks when a fan of a diddy club has a go at another diddy club for being slightly more irrelevant than his own club?

At the end of the day Talbot are probably the best West Junior side in 2019/20 but the West committee failed to figure out an appropriate way to get them their usual Scottish Cup nomination. If Mr Chisholm had consulted the SFA before the committee met and voluntarily came to their "incorrect" decision then maybe they would have made the "right" decision in the first place.

Unfortunately, the committee got it wrong and it's minuted. The minutes were given to the media who then made good newspaper copy out of it. This, in my view, means that the WRJFA has been shown to be disorganised and incompetent. Worse, in my view, it has brought Scottish football into further disrepute - on top of years of failure at national level, the SPFL Dundee fiasco and the unilateral attempt to block the pyramid. The SFA needs to look at all of these matters as a matter of urgency if they want to regain any credibility.

The SJFA/WRJFA, whichever arranges the "independent" investigation to the Chisholm fiasco, will be setting the terms of the Independent Inquiry. It is the terms which will specify what is investigated and the extent of the investigation. It is also they who decide who will be the "Independent" investigator.

It will be interesting to see if another mess is made out of the Investigation. Does anyone really believe that the WRJFA will accept that they got it wrong and accept full responsibility for this and act meaningfully as a consequence? Sadly for Talbot and their genuine supporters they may well need to lose their Cup place as a result of all this. If they don't then they will never live this down.