Null and void u-turn

It’s what was proposed earlier in the season by rod petrie, knocked back and now covid has given it another opportunity
Don’t be suprised if this is what’s pushed going forward.
A big attraction for many teams transferring to the wosfl was the opportunity to gain a licence and play in Scottish cup
I can't see the clubs allowing it for more than this season. The SFA have created the problem by insisting that the 2019-20 Scottish Cup is played to a finish, and then delaying it till December. I can't see any reason why they couldn't do what the other countries are doing and getting it out of the way now or at the start of the season.

I can't see the clubs allowing it for more than this season. The SFA have created the problem by insisting that the 2019-20 Scottish Cup is played to a finish, and then delaying it till December. I can't see any reason why they couldn't do what the other countries are doing and getting it out of the way now or at the start of the season.

Not to mention non-league clubs outnumber league clubs as a voting bloc even discounting those with associate membership. Nae chance in hell non-league would vote for what amounts to a lottery of whether you enter or not as a permenant change.

Also this is just a proposal as the other two proposals are 32 teams (top three SPFL tiers) or 42 (all four SPFL tiers).

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, sctv said:

It’s what was proposed earlier in the season by rod petrie, knocked back and now covid has given it another opportunity
A big attraction for many teams transferring to the wosfl was the opportunity to gain a licence and play in Scottish cup

Could it be the same with the Junior Cup? I'd heard the two remaining quarter final ties, semi final ties and final are being played from March/April. So you could have those clubs meeting each other in the 2020-21 competition (if drawn against each other) before they meet each other in the 2019-20 competition. It's absurd if this is the case. They could play the semi finals at neutral SPFL grounds (back one off ties under floodlights). I'd like to think the WoSFL would accommodate one fixture change to allow the final to be played.

Could it be the same with the Junior Cup? I'd heard the two remaining quarter final ties, semi final ties and final are being played from March/April. So you could have those clubs meeting each other in the 2020-21 competition (if drawn against each other) before they meet each other in the 2019-20 competition. It's absurd if this is the case. They could play the semi finals at neutral SPFL grounds (back one off ties under floodlights). I'd like to think the WoSFL would accommodate one fixture change to allow the final to be played.
Nothing has been arranged regarding dates for playing the outstanding SJC 2019-20.

Money simples

3 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, sctv said:

The reason for the December date is that they want crowds at the semis and final. I can understand that, the FA Cup final next weekend won't be anywhere near as big an occasion behind closed doors. 

This plan should only be for one season but why can't they have one preliminary round then all the remaining non league teams in round one with the lower division teams joining in round two and everyone else in the third round. 

Someone can do the maths. 

The reason for the December date is that they want crowds at the semis and final. I can understand that, the FA Cup final next weekend won't be anywhere near as big an occasion behind closed doors. 
This plan should only be for one season but why can't they have one preliminary round then all the remaining non league teams in round one with the lower division teams joining in round two and everyone else in the third round. 
Someone can do the maths. 

Reason is that one of the four semifinalists starts their season two months after the other three.

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:
34 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Reason is that one of the four semifinalists starts their season two months after the other three.

Why wait another two months after that again then ?

Will the Scottish government allow a full Hampden in october or is there more chance of a big crowd in December? See the quote in my post above.

Will the Scottish government allow a full Hampden in october or is there more chance of a big crowd in December? See the quote in my post above.
My response was to Edinburgh Blue who was claiming that the reason for the date was because of the various season start dates.

Just now, glensmad said:
23 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

My response was to Edinburgh Blue who was claiming that the reason for the date was because of the various season start dates.

Sorry I misunderstood.

So much for the romance of the cup !

It’s the best way forward this season jeezo 10 non league and division 2 in first round then the 10 winners and the 10 division 2 clubs in round 2 then the 10 winners and 22 from championship make last 32 for 3rd round as for 10 non league I’d say top 5 in highland league and top 5 lowland league then back to normal next season I don’t know why some fans can’t see it’s for 1 season and stop bleating on about how it affects there club this is best way forward for Scottish football I actually don’t think the Scottish cup senior or junior 19/20 should be played now even tho it affects the 2 team I support and my local ex junior team

Fairly clear, the SFA want to finish the Scottish Cup for one reason alone ££££ and that hopefully means a decent attendance at the Final whenever. The FA Cup Final will hopefully be livelier than the tedious Premier games we've seen lately. Played all my career in front of one man and his dog, didn't stop me getting fired up for the games 💣

On 26/07/2020 at 02:58, ballermk said:

When will the penny drop with everyone sure it already has with a few already but not nearly enough. 

The non league juniors have invited themselves to a party that they were not invited to. 

Any chance the hosts get to have the least amount of gate crashers at the party they will take it gladly until they totally shut the doors for good. 

The farcical associate member tag designed to make clubs feel good about themselves but the reality is its a nothing tag with no power. 

Clubs have been sole a dead duck many have already spent a fortune with many more planning to all for noticing that will play out in time. 

Juniors are still dead mate and that cesspit of a "grade" isnt coming back.

Accept it, move on or get the psychiatric help you clearly need.