Null and void u-turn

33 minutes ago, glensmad said:
47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
The winner of the West Region Premiership was announced and proposed to the SFA as well but you all seem to think that will change.

I never said anything about that whatsoever.

Ok sorry pal. You seem crabbit these days. Is it all these holidays you're missing? 😉

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Unless they get the place out of merit, which is what the first sentence of your post actually implies.

Talbot were, I believe, the best side but they went about matters the wrong way off the field. If this goes badly for them they can only blame their off-field team. We shall see what happens.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

As a Talbot fan, I can vouch for the fact that winning brings about a feeling of superiority. It's a natural consequence. 

You probably know about the other side of the coin. Something about mediocrity and jealousy?

I'm not sure why this jealousy thing keeps getting trotted out. Most junior fans respect Talbot as a club and what they have achieved, but as you have more or less confirmed, their is an arrogance amongst a sizeable minority of the Talbot support that does your club no favours.

18 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I'm not sure why this jealousy thing keeps getting trotted out. Most junior fans respect Talbot as a club and what they have achieved, but as you have more or less confirmed, their is an arrogance amongst a sizeable minority of the Talbot support that does your club no favours.

I was being facetious.

2 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

To be honest I wouldn't have complained at a null and void decision as most of our players and fans felt the same. But the mitigating factor is the Scottish cup place and with that at stake is Colin not allowed to ask the question? If any other teams were in Talbots position they should have asked the question irrespective if they had a representative on the sjfa board, the east team should have put their case forward aswell imo.

When the representative is from a club with most to gain especially financially people will always question his motives. 

when the leagues were decided on PPG the SFA reluctantly agreed to accept the 20 team league as darvel and Blantyre were being denied promotion, many felt unfairly,. if leagues are null and void they did not win promotion which  would allow SFA to return to their preferred 16 team league[plus bonneyton]

5 minutes ago, marconi said:

when the leagues were decided on PPG the SFA reluctantly agreed to accept the 20 team league as darvel and Blantyre were being denied promotion, many felt unfairly,. if leagues are null and void they did not win promotion which  would allow SFA to return to their preferred 16 team league[plus bonneyton]

I don’t think that’s how it works.

9 hours ago, funky monkey said:

That's an arrogant response. I'm sure most Talbot fans wouldn't agree with you. You do yourself and your club no favours with that comment. You are the type of fan that gives your club a bad name.

Look M8 if there was a Buffs thread on this forum I would be hard pushed to be on it. My response wasn't arrogant I honestly have no interest in Kilwinning until our teams meet, what's hard to understand or am I missing something. Also I'm sure a vast majority of Talbot supporters feel the same.

I don’t think that’s how it works.

Why not if it’s null and void in a normal situation no promotion and no relegation if you look at the bottom leagues of the the English pyramid as a prime example if the enquiry finds wrong doing then unfortunately for the 3 clubs involved there would be no promotion so it would go back to 16 teams plus bonnyton

Why not if it’s null and void in a normal situation no promotion and no relegation if you look at the bottom leagues of the the English pyramid as a prime example if the enquiry finds wrong doing then unfortunately for the 3 clubs involved there would be no promotion so it would go back to 16 teams plus bonnyton
There was no promotion and relegation declared anyway. The WoSFL have no obligation to adhere to WRSJFA decisions.

There was no promotion and relegation declared anyway. The WoSFL have no obligation to adhere to WRSJFA decisions.

They obviously have listened to either WRSJFA or clubs from said region as they changed what the clubs agreed to was just a change of heart or yeah it’s ok it was just some good old fashioned lobbying

When the representative is from a club with most to gain especially financially people will always question his motives. 
Aye that's the issue here, where as if he wasnt on the sjfa board and still asked the question would any clubs bother ? And there probably wouldn't be any newspaper story either. Any club should be asking the question if they were in Talbots position irrespective of a sjfa board member.

As a Talbot fan, I can vouch for the fact that winning brings about a feeling of superiority. It's a natural consequence. 
You probably know about the other side of the coin. Something about mediocrity and jealousy?

I actually go watch my team
Remind me again do you [emoji41]
no don’t I already know but
that’s the other side of the coin