Null and void u-turn

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:
So if, as a result of the inquiry, the season is declared null and void, does that mean it will be back to a 17 team league next season?

I doubt it.

How are the three coming up decided then if it's null and void?

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

At the end of the day Talbot are probably the best West Junior side in 2019/20 but the West committee failed to figure out an appropriate way to get them their usual Scottish Cup nomination. If Mr Chisholm had consulted the SFA before the committee met and voluntarily came to their "incorrect" decision then maybe they would have made the "right" decision in the first place.

Unfortunately, the committee got it wrong and it's minuted. The minutes were given to the media who then made good newspaper copy out of it. This, in my view, means that the WRJFA has been shown to be disorganised and incompetent. Worse, in my view, it has brought Scottish football into further disrepute - on top of years of failure at national level, the SPFL Dundee fiasco and the unilateral attempt to block the pyramid. The SFA needs to look at all of these matters as a matter of urgency if they want to regain any credibility.

The SJFA/WRJFA, whichever arranges the "independent" investigation to the Chisholm fiasco, will be setting the terms of the Independent Inquiry. It is the terms which will specify what is investigated and the extent of the investigation. It is also they who decide who will be the "Independent" investigator.

It will be interesting to see if another mess is made out of the Investigation. Does anyone really believe that the WRJFA will accept that they got it wrong and accept full responsibility for this and act meaningfully as a consequence? Sadly for Talbot and their genuine supporters they may well need to lose their Cup place as a result of all this. If they don't then they will never live this down.

Unless they get the place out of merit, which is what the first sentence of your post actually implies.

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Erm,...I wasn't going to say anything more on the subject...but does anyone rational who actually knows anything about fitba (and who doesn't have an axe to grind because their own team couldn't possibly have qualified) realistically believe that Talbot wouldn't have won the league if it had been played to a conclusion ?

Are you saying you are rational and do know fitba ? As well as being a psychic lol

1 hour ago, traffordab said:

Dear oh dear the lifelong boys club supporter is trying to dish it out to a auchinleck talbot fan.

What kind of parallel universe is this it's comedy gold 🤣.

Supporting my community and a club making football available to young footballers and giving them a pathway into the professional game. Absolutely thats who we are and what i support. Quite proud of that fact too.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
So if, as a result of the inquiry, the season is declared null and void, does that mean it will be back to a 17 team league next season?

I doubt it.

oh looks like we are coming up markie  , double dunt for talbot papped out scottish senior cup and darvel being promoted , its no been a good few days over auchinleck way 😄

17 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Correct if the season didn’t take place no relegation and no promotion talbot have now gained 3 supporters lol back to real world if changed to null and void then it must be 17 team league

Don't get the 3 supporters bit tbh

27 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

oh looks like we are coming up markie  , double dunt for talbot papped out scottish senior cup and darvel being promoted , its no been a good few days over auchinleck way 😄

You can see what I meant though, can't you? Every cloud....

However, at least if you do come up your songbook will be relevant for a change. 

Also, IIRC the PPG system didn't work out so well for you personally yesterday, did it?

4 minutes ago, Blobby said:

It’s no the Talbot Team they hate it’s the arrogant talbot supporters

As a Talbot fan, I can vouch for the fact that winning brings about a feeling of superiority. It's a natural consequence. 

You probably know about the other side of the coin. Something about mediocrity and jealousy?

2 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

There are now 3 teams along with talbot would stand to lose out if the league is null and void surely you know who they are

Right, I see what you mean now. DL would disagree with that though. He wants to have his Broonin's fruit slice and eat it seemingly.

How is Darvel getting promoted bad news for Talbot?

oh looks like we are coming up markie  , double dunt for talbot papped out scottish senior cup and darvel being promoted , its no been a good few days over auchinleck way [emoji1]

The WoSFL are under no obligation to implement any decisions by the WRSJFA regarding final league positions. So if the season is changed to null and void then I doubt it will change anything as far as the WoSFL is concerned. Their league structure has been announced and proposed to the SFA, and I don't see it changing.

To be honest I wouldn't have complained at a null and void decision as most of our players and fans felt the same. But the mitigating factor is the Scottish cup place and with that at stake is Colin not allowed to ask the question? If any other teams were in Talbots position they should have asked the question irrespective if they had a representative on the sjfa board, the east team should have put their case forward aswell imo.

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The WoSFL are under no obligation to implement any decisions by the WRSJFA regarding final league positions. So if the season is changed to null and void then I doubt it will change anything as far as the WoSFL is concerned. Their league structure has been announced and proposed to the SFA, and I don't see it changing.

The winner of the West Region Premiership was announced and proposed to the SFA as well but you all seem to think that will change.