Colin Chisholm - Talbot

GB65

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Surely Talbot should still get the senior Scottish cup place though

I don’t particularly mind if they do they would have won the league in my opinion. My opinion is the investigation will uncover really bad governance practices will probably find Colin shouldn’t have had any part to play in any discussion involving the issue. But won’t find anything corrupt and the decision will stand 

You are correct about one thing tho, the running of Scottish Football this season has been shambolic at times. But in everything that I witnessed the most alarming and concerning bit of bad governance and potentially corrupt is John Fyfe instructing the committee to destroy minutes. Then Colin Chisholm getting caught in a very conflicting position by sending an email informing the committee that there may need to be a rethink with regards to their earlier decision that positivity impacts his own club. 

Then you have you who defends them and slaughters anyone else who isn’t part of the running of junior football and Talbot 
He uses the word - destroy, instead of the word - disregard, and you've got him hung drawn and quartered as corrupt.

He used terminology from a bygone era, that's all. A phrase from a time when minutes were actually printed out and if they were found to be inaccurate were "destroyed" and replaced with an amendment attached.

9 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

He uses the word - destroy, instead of the word - disregard, and you've got him hung drawn and quartered as corrupt.

He used terminology from a bygone era, that's all. A phrase from a time when minutes were actually printed out and if they were found to be inaccurate were "destroyed" and replaced with an amendment attached.

I said potentially corrupt I would wait to see the outcome of the investigation before coming to that conclusion.  he’s been involved in committees for years. You telling me this is his first time using electronic minutes, there is a clear difference between amend and destroy 

I said potentially corrupt I would wait to see the outcome of the investigation before coming to that conclusion.  he’s been involved in committees for years. You telling me this is his first time using electronic minutes, there is a clear difference between amend and destroy 
So why didn't you wait then?

7 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

7 players missing that night due to illness that is not the normal. He played well that night against a side that should have been relegated instead of this 20 team league nonsence,

Strange things happen though!

6 hours ago, Scottyd said:

They didn’t threaten action against the WoSFL. Yeh cause Talbot cheat and punish other clubs no bother and all 3 clubs at the top of the championship are entitled to promotion if its not null and void. Again the junior Association didn’t call promotion and relegation they shat it they just decided to give Talbot the Scottish cup place after an email or 2 

Presumably Talbot wouldn't have dreamed of "putting pressure" on the WRJFA behind the scenes in any way would they?

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
1 hour ago, Scottyd said:

So why didn't you wait then?

Doesnt suit his agenda if he did that

18 hours ago, traffordab said:

It's a laughing stock no doubt about it just like the rest of senior scottish football. 

Criminal how the junior grade have been railroaded into this sham and being 'lead' to begin with by a chairman of a boys club is beyond a joke. 

Not a boys club. A true community club servicing it’s entire community. Not just bitter old men living in the past. I know this will probably upset you but do you know we even have female members? 😱

Not a boys club. A true community club servicing it’s entire community. Not just bitter old men living in the past. I know this will probably upset you but do you know we even have female members? [emoji33]
And the devil's incandescence. [emoji15]

17 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Excatly and it wasnt even Colin.

Edited by Killiepiyo

26 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Excatly and it wasnt even Colin.

Don’t give me this bygone era nonsense we are in 2020. If he’s not intelligent enough to understand the difference between the word destroy, and we may have to amend and update the previous minutes then he shouldn’t be in that position 

You are correct it wasn’t Colin no one said it was, the issue Colin has created is he shouldn’t have been involved in any communication in relation to the matter because it affected his club. That is simple governance, again if he’s not intelligent enough to understand it he shouldnt also not be in that position.

When you then connect both issues that why questions have been raised, there may be no wrong doing in terms the decision be corrupt. But no one who has any awareness of how boards, committees and governance work can defend the language or Colins actions to get involved in the process.  

Edited by Scottyd

1 hour ago, Scottyd said:

Don’t give me this bygone era nonsense we are in 2020. If he’s not intelligent enough to understand the difference between the word destroy, and we may have to amend and update the previous minutes then he shouldn’t be in that position 

You are correct it wasn’t Colin no one said it was, the issue Colin has created is he shouldn’t have been involved in any communication in relation to the matter because it affected his club. That is simple governance, again if he’s not intelligent enough to understand it he shouldnt also not be in that position.

When you then connect both issues that why questions have been raised, there may be no wrong doing in terms the decision be corrupt. But no one who has any awareness of how boards, committees and governance work can defend the language or Colins actions to get involved in the process.  

Just as a reminder, there is an independent inquiry about to begin so well done on making the new account and teliing us all your thoughts but it's all in hand, thanks.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Just as a reminder, there is an independent inquiry about to begin so well done on making the new account and teliing us all your thoughts but it's all in hand, thanks.

Wonder what his normal moniker is on here.

Seems to know a lot about Committees 

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I have already mentioned that so I’m fully aware but thanks 

21 minutes ago, santheman said:

Wonder what his normal moniker is on here.

Seems to know a lot about Committees 

A strange individual who wants to preserve their carefully cultivated image on P&B by deciding to be a dick on another account. Weirdo.

Edited by jimbaxters

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

A strange individual who wants to preserve their carefully cultivated image on P&B by deciding to be a dick on another account. Weirdo.

I have no other account, I couldn’t give f**k what people think I have no image to protect. I’m only a dick cause I have spoken about Talbot. 

from what I’ve see you usually take the the moral high ground, you seem an educated man who comes from a professional background. Yet you can’t see why there are issues here strange that ? 

19 minutes ago, Scottyd said:

I have no other account, I couldn’t give f**k what people think I have no image to protect. I’m only a dick cause I have spoken about Talbot. 

from what I’ve see you usually take the the moral high ground, you seem an educated man who comes from a professional background. Yet you can’t see why there are issues here strange that ? 

Not about Talbot. They will be fine. You and others are doing their utmost to keep poking at Mr. Chisholm's reputation when the inquiry will clear it all up. 

This is a man who works hard for his club and for the association. Looking at the evidence it was ill judged at worst but the inquiry will decide. Wish people would give the man a break until then.