Colin Chisholm - Talbot

GB65

4 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Image - 207223] | You Must Be New Here | Know Your Meme

:lol:

I dip in and out of these pyramid threads, I think the fact I've ploughed through 10 pages of this one this morning finally got to me!

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Just now, glensmad said:
20 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:
7 players missing that night due to illness that is not the normal. He played well that night against a side that should have been relegated instead of this 20 team league nonsence,

We don't deserve relegation any more than Talbot deserve the league title. The season should have been decided over 30 games. Like Talbot, we still had almost half of our season still to play. The WRSJFA made the correct decision not to declare promotion and relegation, and they should have stuck to their decision to null and void all of the leagues.

The thing is you were flung a lifeline, but the new fancy dan league is now left with a 20 team league. Also to be honest you would have went down.

The thing is you were flung a lifeline, but the new fancy dan league is now left with a 20 team league. Also to be honest you would have went down.
In your opinion. I guess we'll never know if you are right, the same as we'll never know if Talbot would have won the league.

However, you need corrected on one thing. We're not left with a 20-team league because of anything to do with Glencairn. We were in the originally announced 17-team league. It was the correct decision (in my opinion) to incorporate Darvel, Cumbernauld United and Blantyre Victoria which has made it a 20-team league.

And, by the way, Rob Roy, Troon and Benburb were all in serious relegation danger as well. It's not as if Glencairn were going to be the only team going down had the WRSJFA declared promotion and relegation.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

In your opinion. I guess we'll never know if you are right, the same as we'll never know if Talbot would have won the league.

However, you need corrected on one thing. We're not left with a 20-team league because of anything to do with Glencairn. We were in the originally announced 17-team league. It was the correct decision (in my opinion) to incorporate Darvel, Cumbernauld United and Blantyre Victoria which has made it a 20-team league.

And, by the way, Rob Roy, Troon and Benburb were all in serious relegation danger as well. It's not as if Glencairn were going to be the only team going down had the WRSJFA declared promotion and relegation.

WOSL shat their pants when the three Championship clubs threatened legal action. A 20 team league where a small majority have floodlights is a joke, I was all for the WOSL but its a laughing stock before a ball is even kicked. People want Talbot stripped of everything but the farce of a 20 team league has to continue. I say null and void and the 17 team league stands. Or promote the Championship winners Blantyre to the top flight and relegate Rob Roy.

37 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

WOSL shat their pants when the three Championship clubs threatened legal action. A 20 team league where a small majority have floodlights is a joke, I was all for the WOSL but its a laughing stock before a ball is even kicked. People want Talbot stripped of everything but the farce of a 20 team league has to continue. I say null and void and the 17 team league stands. Or promote the Championship winners Blantyre to the top flight and relegate Rob Roy.

They didn’t threaten action against the WoSFL. Yeh cause Talbot cheat and punish other clubs no bother and all 3 clubs at the top of the championship are entitled to promotion if its not null and void. Again the junior Association didn’t call promotion and relegation they shat it they just decided to give Talbot the Scottish cup place after an email or 2 

5 minutes ago, Scottyd said:

They didn’t threaten action against the WoSFL. Yeh cause Talbot cheat and punish other clubs no bother and all 3 clubs at the top of the championship are entitled to promotion if its not null and void. Again the junior Association didn’t call promotion and relegation they shat it they just decided to give Talbot the Scottish cup place after an email or 2 

Interesting first post with no bearings on anything discussed. Also please highlight any information that you have about the threatened legal action.

16 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Interesting first post with no bearings on anything discussed. Also please highlight any information that you have about the threatened legal action.

I have no information the same as you 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Last post the Darvel manager made on the subject was the one where he states.

"Haha if that what you take from what I have written then no problem. I think that not what I said nor did I say anyone was threatened with legal action. But I take it you know best"

Previous posts from the Darvel Manager on the same thread

"I’m not dressing anything up, what you stated was we got promoted because John threatened to take the wsjfl to court that is factually false. I’m sure other people will confirm that, the WoSFL made the decision to promote us after speaking to the other clubs it had nothing to do with the West Region 

In reference to league winners decision, at that point in time there was to be conference for everyone John had no say or interest in that decision because it didn’t affect anything. It was at a later date after they announced the conferences structure would be changed, we felt as did the other 2 clubs we deserved to be in the premier. It was at that point the THREE affected clubs said they would seek legal advice against the West Juniors if they didn’t call promotion and relegation. 

As I said earlier the West Region has no influence in the decision to promote the 3 clubs that is factual. There are 62 other clubs who will confirm this"

And this one

Sorry it’s not fact, the decision had nothing to do the wsjfa, they didn’t want to make the decision on relegation or promotion.The decision to place the 3 championship clubs into the premier was taken by the WoSFL, this was after speaking to the clubs during the zoom meetings

Doesn't seem to be any mention of legal action against WOSL there .

Did Snow White help you with that Gogsy (sorry just couldnae resist it)

Edited by santheman

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Look the vast majority could see they were going down that's obvious to anyone with half a brain. 

Now next season in this terrible new set up is a total right off as it won't get started till january at the earliest and once january comes its not even worth bothering . Even with no cups and by some miracle we start to play in october all teams will never in a million years play 38 league games. 

Two seasons wasted. 

1 minute ago, traffordab said:

Look the vast majority could see they were going down that's obvious to anyone with half a brain. 

Now next season in this terrible new set up is a total right off as it won't get started till january at the earliest and once january comes its not even worth bothering . Even with no cups and by some miracle we start to play in october all teams will never in a million years play 38 league games. 

Two seasons wasted. 

I take it you couldn’t see them going down then 

3 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

It's a laughing stock no doubt about it just like the rest of senior scottish football. 

Criminal how the junior grade have been railroaded into this sham and being 'lead' to begin with by a chairman of a boys club is beyond a joke. 

30 minutes ago, traffordab said:

It's a laughing stock no doubt about it just like the rest of senior scottish football. 

Criminal how the junior grade have been railroaded into this sham and being 'lead' to begin with by a chairman of a boys club is beyond a joke. 

No one was railroaded into anything all the clubs had a choice stay or go. The person you are referring to isn’t a chairman of any club, need to do some research before you start slaughtering people.  

37 minutes ago, traffordab said:

In what way was it railroaded? As far as I am aware it was by application, and therefore everyone had a choice.

43 minutes ago, traffordab said:

The Junior grade hasn't been railroaded anywhere. Just look at the continued existence of the North and East Region. Whereas the West Region will fold at their AGM.

The only people who decided that all clubs should apply and thus end the existence of the WRSJFA were the WRSJFA management. The LL-WoSFL invited applications, they didn't phone any club and tell them to apply.

1 hour ago, traffordab said:

You are correct about one thing tho, the running of Scottish Football this season has been shambolic at times. But in everything that I witnessed the most alarming and concerning bit of bad governance and potentially corrupt is John Fyfe instructing the committee to destroy minutes. Then Colin Chisholm getting caught in a very conflicting position by sending an email informing the committee that there may need to be a rethink with regards to their earlier decision that positivity impacts his own club. 

Then you have you who defends them and slaughters anyone else who isn’t part of the running of junior football and Talbot