Colin Chisholm - Talbot

GB65

Squeaky bum time at kilwinning rangers and any other club or person involved in this witch hunt. They will get taken to the cleansers what with leaking of private information, confidentiality  and data protection.

Every single club and official in the association have been disrespected by these irresponsible actions. 

How can kilwinning be responsible for leaking information when they don't have a representative on the management board so even if kilwinning gave it to press someone leaked it to them 😂

I don't know about squeaky bum time at the Buffs, but breach of data protection breaches are viewed very dimly indeed, and I assume that the Independent Inquiry will be looking at the breach as set out below

Section 170: Unlawful obtaining etc of personal data

Section 170 of the Act builds on section 55 DPA 1998 which criminalised knowingly or recklessly obtaining, disclosing or procuring personal data without the consent of the data controller, and the sale or offering for sale of that data. The provision was most typically/commonly used to prosecute those who had accessed healthcare and financial records without a legitimate reason. Section 170 adds the offence of knowingly or recklessly retaining personal data (which may have been lawfully obtained) without the consent of the data controller. There are some exceptions: for example where such obtaining, disclosing, procuring or retaining was necessary for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime. Section 170 (2) and (3) set out the defences to Section 170 (1).

As for punishing miscreants involved in data protection breaches, fines can be huge, see below

GDPR penalties and fines

The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) sets a maximum fine of €20 million (about £17.5 million) or 4% of annual global turnover – whichever is greater – for infringements.

However, not all GDPR infringements lead to data protection fines. Supervisory authorities such as the UK’s ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) can take a range of other actions, including:

• Issuing warnings and reprimands;
  • Imposing a temporary or permanent ban on data processing;
  • Ordering the rectification, restriction or erasure of data; and
  • Suspending data transfers to third countries.

What is the maximum GDPR fineThere are two tiers of administrative fine for non-compliance with the GDPR:

1. Up to €10 million, or, in the case of an undertaking, 2% of annual global turnover – whichever is greater; or
  2. Up to €20 million, or, in the case of an undertaking, 4% of annual global turnover – whichever is greater.

GDPR breach fines are discretionary rather than mandatory. They must be imposed on a case-by-case basis and should be “effective, proportionate and dissuasive”.

The two tiers of GDPR fine

Lower level of GDPR penalties

Fines of up to €10 million or 2% of annual global turnover can be issued for infringements of articles:

• 8 (conditions for children’s consent);
  • 11 (processing that doesn’t require identification);
  • 25 – 39 (general obligations of processors and controllers);
  • 42 (certification); and
  • 43 (certification bodies).

Higher level of GDPR penalties

Fines of up to €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover can be issued for infringements of articles:

Traffordab is quite correct, it could be very squeaky bum time indeed for anyone / any organisation involved in the leaks.

Edited by TFW

TFW did anyone disclose any person information about anyone on the management board because what your referring to is data like dates of birth addresses phone numbers etc 

How can kilwinning be responsible for leaking information when they don't have a representative on the management board so even if kilwinning gave it to press someone leaked it to them [emoji23]

Logic is not traffordab's best asset.

Put Talbotgate to the side and lets talk football again.It seems to me the same as almost every season, Talbot are victims of being a successful football team, year after year being made to cram fixtures at the end of every season because weve been representing junior football in other competiitions raising the small teams profiles to national level.Would anybody really truthfully think Talbot would not have won this years league,who was going to beat  us at least 5 times to giive the buffs a chance.It might hhave ended in a shambles, but can anyone deny Talbot were the best team in this years league.

Put Talbotgate to the side and lets talk football again.It seems to me the same as almost every season, Talbot are victims of being a successful football team, year after year being made to cram fixtures at the end of every season because weve been representing junior football in other competiitions raising the small teams profiles to national level.Would anybody really truthfully think Talbot would not have won this years league,who was going to beat  us at least 5 times to giive the buffs a chance.It might hhave ended in a shambles, but can anyone deny Talbot were the best team in this years league.

You were representing yourselves, not junior football. You've done really well and deserve all the success and money you have, but you're about as representative of junior football as Celtic are to Scottish football as a whole. The runs in the senior cup benefited absolutely nobody apart from Talbot, and actually put everyone else at a severe financial disadvantage.

And no, I can't deny Talbot were the best team in this season's league and would probably have won. But I wouldn't have put my mortgage on it.

So it seems most people recognize  that Talbot were the best team in the league this season, and if all fixtures had been completed its most likely they would have finished top.Talbot also had strength  and depth in the squad that injuries and fixture congestion would make a colapse unlikely.Now the West region must decide who will take place in next seasons senior Scottish cup.For me, that should be the best team in the league that nobody can deny was Talbot, beating Kelty (Lowland League champs) beating Cove (2nd division champs) very unlucky with only a dodgy penalty denying us victory over Championship side Arbroath, then hammering Kilwinning at Beechwood, suggests purely on footballing terms, the decision to award Talbot the title was the correct decision.However that being said, there is no doubt an investigation should be held and if any wrong doings have been done, then the league should be declared null and void, try to get the Junior Scottish finished in 4 weeks of August, and put the winner of that forward for entry to the Senior Scottish Cup.

5 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

So it seems most people recognize  that Talbot were the best team in the league this season, and if all fixtures had been completed its most likely they would have finished top.Talbot also had strength  and depth in the squad that injuries and fixture congestion would make a colapse unlikely.Now the West region must decide who will take place in next seasons senior Scottish cup.For me, that should be the best team in the league that nobody can deny was Talbot, beating Kelty (Lowland League champs) beating Cove (2nd division champs) very unlucky with only a dodgy penalty denying us victory over Championship side Arbroath, then hammering Kilwinning at Beechwood, suggests purely on footballing terms, the decision to award Talbot the title was the correct decision.However that being said, there is no doubt an investigation should be held and if any wrong doings have been done, then the league should be declared null and void, try to get the Junior Scottish finished in 4 weeks of August, and put the winner of that forward for entry to the Senior Scottish Cup.

The primary decision the management committee had to make was how to end ALL leagues. To which they came to the conclusion that null and void was the answer. The Scottish Cup place that would be awarded to the West Premiership champion was a secondary issue moved to a later meeting.

Ultimately it was decided that the Scottish Cup place was more important than fairness across all the leagues.

17 hours ago, Ped said:

I hope the investigation goes back to whoever went behind the WOSFL back to inform the SFA that they didn't want the conferences and had to have a top league 

I don’t think that is within the remit.Interesting that it talks about reviewing the processes surrounding the decisions on the winners of all leagues so they will presumably be considering the Blantyre/Darvel scenario as well.Im not sure what the next step after this enquiry is and whether there then may be a U turn on awarding any titles which in turn might impact on the teams in the reconstructed leagues?

3 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

I don’t think that is within the remit.Interesting that it talks about reviewing the processes surrounding the decisions on the winners of all leagues so they will presumably be considering the Blantyre/Darvel scenario as well.Im not sure what the next step after this enquiry is and whether there then may be a U turn on awarding any titles which in turn might impact on the teams in the reconstructed leagues?

They're independent of one another. The West Region only declared league winners. So why would Cumbernauld United be in the WoSFL Tier 6 league based on the West Region's decision for example.

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

52 yr old McLuckie vs Glencairn part of that 'strength in depth'?

Edited by cmontheloknow

If strength in depth was that good why ask for the hurlford game to be postponed on Saturday yet have a team to play on Wednesday and who made the decision surely that says squad isn’t as strong as you thought for me no Scottish cup places this season so there is no advantage to any team no extra money seems fair way to start the new adventure facing all the new west of Scotland league teams

This is a total red herring where confidential information has been leaked and we all know who the main suspects are clubs and individuals who have acted horrifically to join some half baked system that half the clubs are not even interested in .

Something that the sfa can't be arsed with and you could pick holes in it all day. 

Next season is a right off even if it isn't by some miracle and atfc play in the senior cup somehow they are moving up through the system to the lowland glass ceiling stuck in a totally bland league which will turn own fans away.  

One seasons scottish cup season money or not .

41 minutes ago, traffordab said:

This is a total red herring where confidential information has been leaked and we all know who the main suspects are clubs and individuals who have acted horrifically to join some half baked system that half the clubs are not even interested in .

Something that the sfa can't be arsed with and you could pick holes in it all day. 

Next season is a right off even if it isn't by some miracle and atfc play in the senior cup somehow they are moving up through the system to the lowland glass ceiling stuck in a totally bland league which will turn own fans away.  

One seasons scottish cup season money or not .

Can I ask what confidential information has been leaked?

As I understand it there were minutes of a meeting that were shared. While  the West Region doesn't have a established history of even keeping meeting minutes, those can never be considered confidential. Expectation is that that these would be share with the member clubs.

Plus an email asking individuals to destroy those minutes.

Again emails are not in themselves considered confidential. Even if you note in the email that its confidential. When you send an email the recipient can forward it onto whoever they wish. You have no real way to validate its been received by the person you think you sent it to either. Even if it was sent from a work email with the functionality to send a confidential email, in this instance it still wouldn't stand up as being confidential, as it was a personal email. Emails are the least secure form of communication and rarely carry on legal significance.  As others of said its outside the scope of GDPR as there is no personal or private information in the email. 

The WRJFA must have some ageing legal eagle on retainer as every month or so they seem to throw out threats of legal action with no basis in reality.

34 minutes ago, Dylangt7 said:

And can I ask why it was confidential?

As for destroying the minutes, I don't think that is wrong or sinister in itself, just sloppy practice. It is normal to distribute draft minutes, which do not become definitive until approved as a true record at the next meeting. It's not unusual for corrections to be made.

And, unless I've missed something,  the idea that there was a data protectio breach is b***ocks.

1 hour ago, Dylangt7 said:

As I understand it there were minutes of a meeting that were shared. While  the West Region doesn't have a established history of even keeping meeting minutes, those can never be considered confidential. Expectation is that that these would be share with the member clubs.

Plus an email asking individuals to destroy those minutes.

Again emails are not in themselves considered confidential. Even if you note in the email that its confidential. When you send an email the recipient can forward it onto whoever they wish. You have no real way to validate its been received by the person you think you sent it to either. Even if it was sent from a work email with the functionality to send a confidential email, in this instance it still wouldn't stand up as being confidential, as it was a personal email. Emails are the least secure form of communication and rarely carry on legal significance.  As others of said its outside the scope of GDPR as there is no personal or private information in the email. 

The WRJFA must have some ageing legal eagle on retainer as every month or so they seem to throw out threats of legal action with no basis in reality.

What makes you think 'the West Region doesn't have a established history of even keeping meeting minutes'.

Club Secretaries can all access minutes going back several years online within the SFA Club Extranet.