Colin Chisholm - Talbot

GB65

24 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Their representative on the management committee abused his position to enable them to win the league. I am willing to bet that he did so with the full knowledge of the Talbot committee, and if that is correct then the club should be punished.

Did he hold the rest of the Management Committee hostage somewhere with a loaded gun pointed at their heads or something?

11 minutes ago, TFW said:

There's a narrative being drawn up here by the more rabid keyboard warriors, that you are guilty because someone with a loose brain cell and a keyboard says so.

The independent inquiry should ascertain whether or not anything untoward did happen. Until they do, there is a basic principle that abounds in the UK of being innocent until proven guilty. I realise that might be a strange concept for some of the folk on here, but that is where any independent inquiry will also start out from.

I highlighted your post because because it was the last one, but you're just as culpable as everybody else on here with their ill judged mud slinging. It does you no favours.

I take evidence and judge it on my own terms, nobody else’s, and post my opinion.  Your position of moral arbiter is commendable, but using your premise,  then everyone is entitled to an opinion on a public forum. 

I have viewed the emails and they are damning, that is my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

Did he hold the rest of the Management Committee hostage somewhere with a loaded gun pointed at their heads or something?

I don’t know that part of the story, sorry.

I don't think Talbot should be punished all I think should happen is the guy in question should be relieved of any formal duties for Talbot if he doesn't and stays on the Talbot board then teams should motion that no officials from Talbot will be allowed to be voted onto the WOSFL board because they cant be trusted that's enough punishment in my eyes 

Everyone has there opinion no one is wrong or right at the moment . my opinion is mr Chisholm shud not of privately emailed mr fyfe ,this shud have been done at a meeting considering they had dates for 3 then there was plenty time for it to be discussed. my issue is that mr chisholms club would be the club to benefit from a change to the null and void so he shud not of been involved. the east didn’t put a club forward and they won’t be punished in my opinion, as this was last year of west of Scotland juniors then there could of been no punishment if we had null and void the league and do not take a Scottish cup place.
My opinion because of the difference in amount of games played by all 16 teams null and void was best way forward would auchinleck have won the league I don’t know but they did look well placed after 16 games but if you look at Kilwinning after 16 games they would of had 39 compared to auchinlecks 41 who after 16 games would of thought the buffs would drop as many points as they did in next 9 games maybe auchinleck might have dropped more less or the same we will never know.
That’s my reason for null and void and no Scottish place to our league

End of rant

Everyone has there opinion no one is wrong or right at the moment . my opinion is mr Chisholm shud not of privately emailed mr fyfe ,this shud have been done at a meeting considering they had dates for 3 then there was plenty time for it to be discussed. my issue is that mr chisholms club would be the club to benefit from a change to the null and void so he shud not of been involved. the east didn’t put a club forward and they won’t be punished in my opinion, as this was last year of west of Scotland juniors then there could of been no punishment if we had null and void the league and do not take a Scottish cup place.
My opinion because of the difference in amount of games played by all 16 teams null and void was best way forward would auchinleck have won the league I don’t know but they did look well placed after 16 games but if you look at Kilwinning after 16 games they would of had 39 compared to auchinlecks 41 who after 16 games would of thought the buffs would drop as many points as they did in next 9 games maybe auchinleck might have dropped more less or the same we will never know.
That’s my reason for null and void and no Scottish place to our league

End of rant
To be honest I wouldn't have complained at a null and void decision as most of the players and fans would have been the same. But the mitigating factor is the Scottish cup place and with that at stake is colin not allowed to ask the question? If any other teams were in Talbots position they should have asked the question irrespective if they had a representative on the sjfa board, the east team should have put their case forward aswell imo

To be honest I wouldn't have complained at a null and void decision as most of the players and fans would have been the same. But the mitigating factor is the Scottish cup place and with that at stake is colin not allowed to ask the question? If any other teams were in Talbots position they should have asked the question irrespective if they had a representative on the sjfa board, the east team should have put their case forward aswell imo

Why is the Scottish cup place a mitigating factor at the end of the day hopefully this is a once in a lifetime situation, with us moving to new league then no places in the Scottish would be a good thing, no team getting the advantage of extra income, with 38 league games next season you wouldn’t want teams falling behind in games and we dont actually know if and when next season will start.

if all teams had played similar amount of games and had played the same teams then I would defo agree to finding a winner a good thing but as I said after 16 games talbot only had 2 points more than Kilwinning and in the 16 games it’s not like they played same teams at home or away so for me null and void was the sensible decision but that’s just my opinion

3 hours ago, GB65 said:

IMO Talbot should be stripped of their league title

As been pointed out before you moron the manager and team don't want the title as they didn't get the chance to win it on the park now sneak of back to the amateurs 

The falling behind in league games because of involvement in the senior Scottish Cup is somewhat of a nebulous argument. Yes, it has affected the Talbot in the past, but certainly not in the last two seasons, it seems to have spurred them on to greater levels of consistency playing against a much higher standard team on a regular basis. That's not to decry the level of opposition we play in the League, but last season we played Cove Rangers twice, promoted to SPFL, Fraserburgh away - finished third in Highland League, Ayr United and Hearts. This season we've played the three highest teams left in the Scottish Cup in each round, Kelty away, Cove Rangers promoted to League 1 this season, and Arbroath - they got a very lucky draw at Beechwood. Playing teams of that calibre on a regular basis has no doubt had a beneficial effect on the club.

We wouldn't be able to play them without that hard won right of entry into said Cup without winning the Super League or Junior Cup, so why would anybody wish to give that right up? Especially as it's likely to be the last season of it this year. Look at how the likes of Bonnyrigg moved on after  a massive pay day at Easter Road, and that is the genuine benefit of the Scottish Cup. Greater calibre of opponents, and financial rewards.

The argument about points after the first sixteen games is clutching at straws, sorry. You don't win league titles when you ship six goals per game in successive weeks as the Buffs did against Talbot and Hurlford. I think every one who has seen Talbot play this season can not fail to have been impressed by the strength in depth we have, and that would undoubtedly have taken us over the line again.

The last season of the Cup for Junior clubs. It would be good to see two representatives from our region, and I think some way ought to be found to accommodate a n other team in it. As we are already in the Cup, and I am more than confident we still will be after the independent inquiry, I think some kind of formula could be worked out between the remaining teams - minus ourselves - to get another entrant?

6 minutes ago, fb4 said:

As been pointed out before you moron the manager and team don't want the title as they didn't get the chance to win it on the park now sneak of back to the amateurs. But I respect you as human being and your right to an opinion. 

There fixed that for you.

So what do people want to happen here if an independent enquiry finds anything wrong has  gone on. If all leagues were decided on their formula they used nothing would have changed would it ? . Null and void ? Is anybody going to vote for that now if they have to revisit the decision not likely. Does that mean Blantyre, Darvel and Cumbernauld now don’t go up if if null and void is declared. They defo won’t vote for that. Mr Chisholm in his position as SJFA rep is perfectly entitled to remind his management committee that if they declared null and void the Sfa would not accept that for entry to the Senior Scottish league had to be declared. There is other members on the committee who voted on it not just him and they are all entitled to change their opinion if new information comes to light isn’t that just the same as what the New West of Scotland League have done umpteen times already?

7 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

So what do people want to happen here if an independent enquiry finds anything wrong has  gone on. If all leagues were decided on their formula they used nothing would have changed would it ? . Null and void ? Is anybody going to vote for that now if they have to revisit the decision not likely. Does that mean Blantyre, Darvel and Cumbernauld now don’t go up if if null and void is declared. They defo won’t vote for that. Mr Chisholm in his position as SJFA rep is perfectly entitled to remind his management committee that if they declared null and void the Sfa would not accept that for entry to the Senior Scottish league had to be declared. There is other members on the committee who voted on it not just him and they are all entitled to change their opinion if new information comes to light isn’t that just the same as what the New West of Scotland League have done umpteen times already?

Your missing the point entirely but that seems to be the trend on here from Talbot supporters and cheerleaders. These posts fool no one. Chisolm used his position to manipulate the WRJFA into changing their decision to the benefit of one club only. His own. They then try to cover it up by calling for the minutes of their meeting to be destroyed. I find it astonishing that you and others are trying to convince us all that there is nothing wrong with that. As for comparing this with the WoSL your clutching at straws. But then again you know that yourself. 

you talk about strenth and depth
yous played on the wednesday before the scottish cup game with hurlford then called that game off through "7 out injured " then yous go out the following wednesday and play ????

The falling behind in league games because of involvement in the senior Scottish Cup is somewhat of a nebulous argument. Yes, it has affected the Talbot in the past, but certainly not in the last two seasons, it seems to have spurred them on to greater levels of consistency playing against a much higher standard team on a regular basis. That's not to decry the level of opposition we play in the League, but last season we played Cove Rangers twice, promoted to SPFL, Fraserburgh away - finished third in Highland League, Ayr United and Hearts. This season we've played the three highest teams left in the Scottish Cup in each round, Kelty away, Cove Rangers promoted to League 1 this season, and Arbroath - they got a very lucky draw at Beechwood. Playing teams of that calibre on a regular basis has no doubt had a beneficial effect on the club.
We wouldn't be able to play them without that hard won right of entry into said Cup without winning the Super League or Junior Cup, so why would anybody wish to give that right up? Especially as it's likely to be the last season of it this year. Look at how the likes of Bonnyrigg moved on after  a massive pay day at Easter Road, and that is the genuine benefit of the Scottish Cup. Greater calibre of opponents, and financial rewards.
The argument about points after the first sixteen games is clutching at straws, sorry. You don't win league titles when you ship six goals per game in successive weeks as the Buffs did against Talbot and Hurlford. I think every one who has seen Talbot play this season can not fail to have been impressed by the strength in depth we have, and that would undoubtedly have taken us over the line again.
The last season of the Cup for Junior clubs. It would be good to see two representatives from our region, and I think some way ought to be found to accommodate a n other team in it. As we are already in the Cup, and I am more than confident we still will be after the independent inquiry, I think some kind of formula could be worked out between the remaining teams - minus ourselves - to get another entrant?

47 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Your missing the point entirely but that seems to be the trend on here from Talbot supporters and cheerleaders. These posts fool no one. Chisolm used his position to manipulate the WRJFA into changing their decision to the benefit of one club only. His own. They then try to cover it up by calling for the minutes of their meeting to be destroyed. I find it astonishing that you and others are trying to convince us all that there is nothing wrong with that. As for comparing this with the WoSL your clutching at straws. But then again you know that yourself. 

And if the enquiry finds no wrong doing your statement is  defamation. I would be careful what i m writing if I was you.  Let the enquiry run its course and see what its findings are.

Talbot are entitled to lobby the WRJFA to get what benefits them. Club  officials are not doing their job properly if they don't. Every football club in the world acts in self interest. The question is was it done in  an inappropriate manner. I don't know the answer to that, I will wait and see what the enquiry's finding are.

What is your interest in this anyway, you don't even support a club in this league. You are entitled  to an opinion of course but hyperbole and untrue statements don't contribute anything

Edited by Wile E Coyote
To use correct Scot's law term

9 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

And if the enquiry finds no wrong doing your statement is libellous. I would be careful what i m writing if I was you.  Let the enquiry run its course and see what its findings are.

Talbot are entitled to lobby the WRJFA to get what benefits them. Club  officials are not doing their job properly if they don't. Every football club in the world acts in self interest. The question is was it done in  an inappropriate manner. I don't know the answer to that, I will wait and see what the enquiry's finding are.

What is your interest in this anyway, you don't even support a club in this league. You are entitled  to an opinion of course but hyperbole and untrue statements don't contribute anything

Groundhog Day. 😂😂

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Oh get over yourself

Am i wrong. just because you are some fanny on the internet doesn't mean you can type what you want and the laws of the land don't apply to you.

Perhaps you should ask the site owner how many posts get removed because they leave the site open to legal action

And if the enquiry finds no wrong doing your statement is libellous. I would be careful what i m writing if I was you.  Let the enquiry run its course and see what its findings are.

It’s not just this change of mind by the committee, there are other things like the changing from 4 conferences to 3 conferences, that effects every club in west having seen the evidence and statements in the daily record do you believe no clubs or members of the management committee lobbied as you said to change the conference set up, but that would be ok because it would benefit there club that’s in your words but it’s ok as every club in the world acts in self interest

4 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

It’s not just this change of mind by the committee, there are other things like the changing from 4 conferences to 3 conferences, that effects every club in west having seen the evidence and statements in the daily record do you believe no clubs or members of the management committee lobbied as you said to change the conference set up, but that would be ok because it would benefit there club that’s in your words but it’s ok as every club in the world acts in self interest

None of that is under the remit of the enquiry but i will give you a straight answer-Yes it is OK

One man does not have the power to do that though but he is perfectly entitled to lobby for what is best for his club. I don't think Talbot had anything to do with that but i am fine with it if they did because its what's best for them

Edited by Wile E Coyote