Films that produce tears

DA Baracus

Re: Brassed Off, I would put my house on the bit where Danny is in hospital and the band play Danny Boy outside his window as being one of the scenes.
How in hell did I forget Brassed Off? From Coco the Scab to Pete Postlethwaite's appearance at the final, absolute floods every time. I had just moved to Yorkshire when the strike started, so this really resonates. A few of my mates still play in bands, long after the associated pits have gone.

She tried her best, but that witch didn't kill the North's spirit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched It's A Wonderful Life for the first time a few days ago. I don't get very emotional at films, normally at uplifting rather than sad bits. Occasionally I feel a few tears welling up but I wasn't prepared for this.

It appears I have lost the ability to cry properly - I felt a bit of welling up but then went to go into full-on bubbling but it just came out as a noise. My daughter then started laughing at me and I laughed back and then couldn't stop laughing. There were tears and snot everywhere in between uncontrollable laughter, it fairly killed the moment. Great film though.

We've agreed I could never go to the GFT for the Christmas showing as I would probably get thrown out.

The best Christmas movie of all time and always have to leave near the end as somehow always get something in my eye [emoji24]

I watched It's A Wonderful Life for the first time a few days ago. I don't get very emotional at films, normally at uplifting rather than sad bits. Occasionally I feel a few tears welling up but I wasn't prepared for this.
It appears I have lost the ability to cry properly - I felt a bit of welling up but then went to go into full-on bubbling but it just came out as a noise. My daughter then started laughing at me and I laughed back and then couldn't stop laughing. There were tears and snot everywhere in between uncontrollable laughter, it fairly killed the moment. Great film though.
We've agreed I could never go to the GFT for the Christmas showing as I would probably get thrown out.