Films that produce tears

DA Baracus

Senna

The last five minutes, seeing the mass outpouring of grief in Brazil, gulp [emoji26]
And I don't even like motor sport but that is an incredible piece of film.
Good shout. I can remember crying at that but can't remember the exact bit. The scene where he actually dies is most likely.

On 10/06/2020 at 22:03, Flybhoy said:

Senna

The last five minutes, seeing the mass outpouring of grief in Brazil, gulp 😥

And I don't even like motor sport but that is an incredible piece of film.

The final scene from "Road" is on another level to Senna  when it was released in 2014  Then on the 7th of July 2018 William Dunlop was killed racing in Ireland   Will not forget that birthday in a while! It is only recently that i have managed to watch "Road" again  To say it was a hard watch is a understatement!  

1 minute ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Cannot believe there is 6 pages of this thread and only one mention of Coco

That's actually a belter of a movie...put it on for the wean to watch and found myself still enjoying it when she fell asleep

6 hours ago, maicoman said:

The final scene from "Road" is on another level to Senna  when it was released in 2014  Then on the 7th of July 2018 William Dunlop was killed racing in Ireland   Will not forget that birthday in a while! It is only recently that i have managed to watch "Road" again  To say it was a hard watch is a understatement!  

Of a similar theme, Closer to the Edge about the TT.  Watching Bridget Dobbs reflect on the death of her husband still gets me, but it was the quick interview they did with Paul Owen that really gets me.  Owen was the next bike after Dobbs and a close friend, and at the end Paul just looks down, says something like "It is what it is" and you can see everything hit him at that moment....the danger, the loss of a friend. 

Mind watching Road at the time, obviously knew the story but I was not ready for what they showed....hit me like a ton of bricks and eyes where watering, especially with what Micheal managed to achieve after.  For Micheal to still be able to throw his leg over the bike despite everything......yeah, another level.

• 2 weeks later...