Films that produce tears

DA Baracus

Schindler's List when Oskar is about to flee. The fact he saved so many lives yet beats himself up that he didn't do enough absolutely destroys me every single time.

The rest have already been mentioned. Music is huge in these scenes. I was listening to The Green Mile score a few weeks back and the scene where John is about to be executed was almost as powerful just listening to the music.

There will be more that come to me.

On 15/05/2020 at 23:33, DA Baracus said:

Watched P.S. I Love You with an ex and was in bits.

Good god.

Most of these are fine but you're overriding emotions watching that aren't 1) it is absolute pish and 2) watching 300 will never be the same again then I can't help you.

ETA - I am a bit of a hypocrite as I actually welled up at Moulin Rouge.

Anything with a suicide in it I usually have to leave the room.

Edited by Dons_1988

On 22/05/2020 at 02:39, 19QOS19 said:

Schindler's List when Oskar is about to flee. The fact he saved so many lives yet beats himself up that he didn't do enough absolutely destroys me every single time.

The rest have already been mentioned. Music is huge in these scenes. I was listening to The Green Mile score a few weeks back and the scene where John is about to be executed was almost as powerful just listening to the music.

There will be more that come to me.

The scenes in Schindler's List with the wee lassie in the red coat. :bairn

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

Raise you rocky 3 when auld micky dies was bubbling

I'll give you that but In Rocky IV, Apollo dies then he goes for a drive with the montage from the previous films so you get dead Micky and dead Appolo 

I'll give you that but In Rocky IV, Apollo dies then he goes for a drive with the montage from the previous films so you get dead Micky and dead Appolo 

Well played!! As shite as rocky 5 is, the flashback to Mickys scene when he’s speaking to rocky is emotional

12 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Only one film does it for me, The Killing Fields. The bit when the kid being carried dies on the land mine 

Not film but TV - There’s a bit in an episode of The Pacific where villagers are fleeing their homes in the dark in a storm and get caught in the crossfire. Not that graphic because it’s filmed in a way that shows how difficult it is to see from the soldier’s POV but the last one to go down in the crossfire is a wee toddler. The soldier’s scream then the final whimper and silence from the wee one is beyond gutting. 😕

Probably the one scene that’s most affected me when watching film or tv. Horrendous.

On 16/05/2020 at 05:27, Shotgun said:

I got a bit of grit in my eye  during the finale of "Gallipoli" (starring a young Mel Gibson) the first time I watched it. And there were a few scenes in "Brassed Off" that had my allergies playing up.

Gallipoli was the one that came to mind as i watched it for only the 2nd time last Wednesday Really enjoyed it  but the final bit is so sad

On 26/05/2020 at 11:03, 8MileBU said:

Not film but TV - There’s a bit in an episode of The Pacific where villagers are fleeing their homes in the dark in a storm and get caught in the crossfire. Not that graphic because it’s filmed in a way that shows how difficult it is to see from the soldier’s POV but the last one to go down in the crossfire is a wee toddler. The soldier’s scream then the final whimper and silence from the wee one is beyond gutting. 😕

Probably the one scene that’s most affected me when watching film or tv. Horrendous.

I've watched the Pacific a few times and can't think of that scene. 

Bizarrely one that sticks in my mind is an Adam Sandler comedy called "Click", glad I was by myself when I watched that. 

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I've watched the Pacific a few times and can't think of that scene. 

Bizarrely one that sticks in my mind is an Adam Sandler comedy called "Click", glad I was by myself when I watched that. 

Now you’ve got me wondering if it’s something else I’m thinking of. Sure it’s The Pacific 🤔

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Now you’ve got me wondering if it’s something else I’m thinking of. Sure it’s The Pacific 🤔

By no means am I saying I know the whole thing off by heart, I don't know it that well! Any clips of it kicking around?