Films that produce tears

DA Baracus

What films have you crying? Could be wracking sobs, could be gentle weeping, could be silent tears running down a cheek or anything in between.

Good Will Hunting is an obvious one. The "it's not your fault" scene is so powerful. Gets me every time.

Room is pretty upsetting at numerous times.

The Green Mile. You know exactly the bit I mean.

Marley And Me had me in absolute bits. Have genuinely not been able to watch it a second time. 

Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is insanely upsetting at the end.

The start of Up is a sobbing uncontrollably scene. Fucking hell!

Watched P.S. I Love You with an ex and was in bits.

Dallas Buyers Club has the cheeks damp (behave!).

It's cheesy but Wallace's death in Braveheart gets me every time. It's the music.

Philadelphia is a tear jerker.

Yes, I admit it. Armageddon. You know the scene. 

In the film of the musical Rent (everyone has AIDS!) there's a particular scene/song that breaks me.

Into The Spider Verse has some scenes that have the upper lip trembling and the eyes glistening.

I'm a huge fucking sap.

What films have you crying? Could be wracking sobs, could be gentle weeping, could be silent tears running down a cheek or anything in between.
Good Will Hunting is an obvious one. The "it's not your fault" scene is so powerful. Gets me every time.
Room is pretty upsetting at numerous times.
The Green Mile. You know exactly the bit I mean.
Marley And Me had me in absolute bits. Have genuinely not been able to watch it a second time. 
Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is insanely upsetting at the end.
The start of Up is a sobbing uncontrollably scene. Fucking hell!
Watched P.S. I Love You with an ex and was in bits.
Dallas Buyers Club has the cheeks damp (behave!).
It's cheesy but Wallace's death in Braveheart gets me every time. It's the music.
Philadelphia is a tear jerker.
Yes, I admit it. Armageddon. You know the scene. 
In the film of the musical Rent (everyone has AIDS!) there's a particular scene/song that breaks me.
Into The Spider Verse has some scenes that have the upper lip trembling and the eyes glistening.

I'm a huge fucking sap.

Jesus I thought I was bad for crying at films but this is something else.

The bit in Interstellar when he watches the message from his daughter after she’s aged about 30 years gets me for some reason.

As does the bit in Endgame (yes I like the Marvel movies) where the recorded message of Tony Stark plays to his daughter.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jesus I thought I was bad for crying at films but this is something else.

The bit in Interstellar when he watches the message from his daughter after she’s aged about 30 years gets me for some reason.

As does the bit in Endgame (yes I like the Marvel movies) where the recorded message of Tony Stark plays to his daughter.

Fucking hell, forgot those!

Interstellar is one of my favourite ever films. That scene (when he returns from the planet near the black hole and because of the black hole more time has passed than he realises) is something. His son telling of his granddad dying is bad enough, but then revealing his son has died is astonishing). McConaughey's character breaking down gets me every time.

And yes, that Endgame scene is very sad. Tears everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

is the correct answer

I don't feel a thing at that scene. I think it is me as plenty of others say it's a very emotional scene. Just does nothing for me.

Just remembered that I was scarred for life as a kid after watching The Neverending Story although I’m not sure I actually cried at it. Probably did.

The ending of The Pursuit of Happiness is also an emotional one although at least it’s for the right reasons.

I got a bit of grit in my eye  during the finale of "Gallipoli" (starring a young Mel Gibson) the first time I watched it. And there were a few scenes in "Brassed Off" that had my allergies playing up.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't feel a thing at that scene. I think it is me as plenty of others say it's a very emotional scene. Just does nothing for me.

I can only infer, sir, that you don't have a soul.

The entire trilogy has loads of cutting onions moments.