Career mode

Karpaty Lviv

Anyone got one on the go?

I’m in the year 2025 with San Jose Earthquakes. Winning everything but I’ve put the difficulty up to Legendary so it’s quite competitive despite the huge gulf in quality. 

My transfers aren’t that outrageous either - Ferreira and Pomykal both signed at the start of the save from FC Dallas, Yueill is there from the start, Pavon signed from LAFA, Hickey from Hearts of course and the rest are youths apart from Trincao, signed from Benfica. Ramirez was a free agent when rated 81 which was a good find. Donnarumma was a big signing of course but I’ve punted him for £130m to Real Madrid. 

It gets too easy once you get a few seasons under your belt and you’ve trained a few youth players. Pre contracts are mental with the amount of quality you can get for free and sell on a season or two later for crazy amounts. I have a transfer budget of £413.93m but I don’t need to spend anything, especially as I’ve just signed Jao Felix on a pre contract. 

I’m going to start a new save with Real Salt Lake with one rule that the only players I’m allowed to sign are those at a MLS club at the time of signing and free agents. 

image.jpg

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got one with Salford most recent update for a laugh

1st season signed Hickey from hearts, Nygren from Genk and Ureta from Columbia as the keeper

Edited by GFARAB82

• 2 weeks later...

My Salford team that won promotion to the Premiership sold Shaw  back to Barcelona for £40m and replaced with Jonny from Wolves though

FIFA 20 Career (In Menus)_2.jpg

Edited by GFARAB82

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if this thread is currently used, but the trailer for FIFA 21 Career Mode is going live on YouTube at 4:00pm for those interested;
It'll be no different to the last one as everybody already knows EA are only interested in ultimate team so they can wring as much money out of 14 year olds buying packs.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m interested in playing the career mode. What’s people preference for playing it?  I'm kinda new in FIFA since I haven't been playing in years. How does it work?

I read so many articles in the past few days, one of the interesting ones was from this website but I want to hear it from someone with experience.

• 8 months later...

I've just started a road to glory as Harrogate town and the idea for the first couple of years is to bring through youngsters from the youth academy along with free agents. Has anybody done a career like this. I also have a salford city save where I have them in the championship and were top going into christmas

• 2 months later...

I picked this up in a sale recently after being a bit bored of PES and it has been not bad at all. I started a career mode with Forest Green Rovers and have just gained promotion to the Premier League. At the start of the season, I got the usual message about transfer funds which went something along the lines of:

We have decided to add £48,000,000 to your transfer budget which gives you a transfer budget of - (MINUS) £48,654,382. When I went to adjust this in my budget (and to check wtf was going on), I had literally £0 in both my wage and transfer budget which has left me no way to bring players in without shipping others out. I haven’t ever spent excessively large amounts of money, the dynamic potential/youth academy means I’ve managed to get away with the likes of Nicky Cadden as my left back until this point. I assume it’s some sort of glitch but has anybody else seen this happen before?

Don’t get me wrong, I quite like the idea of scraping about the free agents and trying to flog some dead wood before embarking on my first top-flight campaign. There’s something quite Clyde about it. Well, minus the top-flight part anyway.

On 23/07/2021 at 23:26, Chris McDonald said:

Im not sure if anybody knows but its been confirmed that the national league is being included in fifa 22.  Looking forward to a national league rtg save

I really wish they would include more Scottish Leagues. Even as DLC.

I can't imagine there is much demand for the NL outwith fans of those clubs - a level of interest on a par with the Scottish Championship.

On 21/07/2021 at 11:13, Scott-Replay said:

I picked this up in a sale recently after being a bit bored of PES and it has been not bad at all. I started a career mode with Forest Green Rovers and have just gained promotion to the Premier League. At the start of the season, I got the usual message about transfer funds which went something along the lines of:

We have decided to add £48,000,000 to your transfer budget which gives you a transfer budget of - (MINUS) £48,654,382. When I went to adjust this in my budget (and to check wtf was going on), I had literally £0 in both my wage and transfer budget which has left me no way to bring players in without shipping others out. I haven’t ever spent excessively large amounts of money, the dynamic potential/youth academy means I’ve managed to get away with the likes of Nicky Cadden as my left back until this point. I assume it’s some sort of glitch but has anybody else seen this happen before?

Don’t get me wrong, I quite like the idea of scraping about the free agents and trying to flog some dead wood before embarking on my first top-flight campaign. There’s something quite Clyde about it. Well, minus the top-flight part anyway.

A game breaking bug in FIFA Career mode?

Go and ask folk who played Career mode in FIFA 18 about that bug, suspect they encountered if first.

On that note, any idea if theres even going to be a Career mode in 22? Presumably it'll be DLC soon.

On 25/07/2021 at 23:09, Todd_is_God said:

I really wish they would include more Scottish Leagues. Even as DLC.

I can't imagine there is much demand for the NL outwith fans of those clubs - a level of interest on a par with the Scottish Championship.

I agree with you on that one. The national league was added due to fans campaigning for it. I think with the new gen consoles they may introduce basic leagues and obscure ones as dlc as i cant really imagine a 14 yer old wanting to manage albion rovers or even solihull moors in the conference

The more obscure the league the better. I always find it boring doing a Premier League, La Liga, Serie A etc. career mode.

Have saw some rumours that the Hungarian and Cypriot leagues will be added to Fifa 22 - not sure if that's to do with them having a few clubs in the Europa Conference League.

I always enjoyed playing the Russian League but it seems PES has exclusive rights to it for the foreseeable.

• 3 months later...
On 14/11/2021 at 13:09, IainMorton said:

About to win League Two with Hartlepool, in the final of the PJ Trophy and made it to the FA Cup QF’s where I got beat 2-1 by Spurs.

Nice i am doing a save with them 2 i am mid table of prem in season 4 after going up via the play offs last season good luck