Billy Connolly

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I was more hoping for a rant about Lord Kinnock, or even Prescott  :P

I’ve not been a member of the Labour Party for quarter of a century.

I couldn’t give a fùck.

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I couldn’t give a fùck.

Boo. I'm sure I remember you going off on one about Kinnock in the past.

Seems remarkably smug when it's put to him that accepting a peerage seems a bit odd for someone who campaigned for the House of Lords to be abolished. Almost like this was the plan all along.

10 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Boo. I'm sure I remember you going off on one about Kinnock in the past.

Seems remarkably smug when it's put to him that accepting a peerage seems a bit odd for someone who campaigned for the House of Lords to be abolished. Almost like this was the plan all along.

I could give you a long and boring story about when I was deliberately not introduced to Kinnock when we both attended a reception at Dundee Council Chambers.

It suited me fine.

22 hours ago, throbber said:

I found your post pretty confusing. Both you and Hearthammer come across as being bitter towards BC because of how he changed as a result of his fame, the company he kept after becoming famous and the fact he got a knighthood. His comedy journey started closer to home with tales of working on the Govan shipyards etc and he got popular and branched out to a wider audience and adjusted his material to suit. That’s the showbizz lifestyle I’m afraid.

I've no problem with that, but me, personally, draw the line at him accepting a knighthood.

What was the point?

After Sean, Billy, Rod & Andy all took knighthoods I telt them, nae mair Chrismas cards frae me!

20 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

One of Billy Connolly's things has always been that he fits in to whatever social circle he happens to find himself in at the time. Quite why anyone would think that he'd suddenly become a great class warrior and turn down a knighthood, I'm not sure. He doesn't strike me as the type who'd think much about politics in general TBH. Better that than making up a half-arsed opinion and banging on about it like some celebrities do.

Shir Sean, of course, accepted his gong despite being a republican, claiming he considered it to be recognition from the people of Scotland. Bullshit, or not?

Will any P&Bers be sending back their letter from the Queen when it inevitably comes?

I'll put mine tae guid use after I run oot o' toilet paper.

Onyway I'm hoping tae outlive her.

17 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Tall Tales and Wee Stories. Think it came out late last year. Got it for Christmas but just started reading it the other day. It’s a sort of autobiography with the anecdotes being all his best routines.

I saw BC in Perth city hall back in the day when he was a supporting act. I cannae mind who were the top of the bill.

Might have been the Corries but I cannae remember.

Since then I've watched every tv show on youtube and all of his travel adventures on DVD.

He's some guy but my lassie bought me his book for last Christmas.

I was very disappointed.

It's all the routines from his comedy acts but they were second hand to me.

On 15/05/2020 at 21:29, Granny Danger said:

I couldn’t give a fùck.

For some reason that sounds so much longer than 25 years.