Regional Hubs

The first thing that has to happen is UEFA ditching Euro 2020 (2021) to enable associations to plan a season which can run until the end of June, with a fixture list weighted towards the second "half" of the campaign.

Then this ludicrous idea of trying to play by the end of July needs binned. That's just a totally unnecessary target. A statement which  was totally out of touch with reality, particularly with the furlough being extended.

Then the idea that streaming would in any way replace ticket fees. It will absolutely end up with illegal streams, plus families buying one "ticket" rather than 3/4/5. Running with that will kill more clubs than sitting in hibernation would.

Finally, in our country where 3 of the 4 leagues contain part-time sides, a strategy will need to be implemented which takes into account the fact that those players are more likely to be exposed to Covid-19 than full-timers, who could be kept in a "bubble" to some extent. Until testing is cheap and quick, it's not happening.

That said, I'm sure a lot of this will have been discussed but obviously wasn't the headline. Hubs seems like an idea that will collapse once a bit of thought is put into it. 

22 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I think this is a good idea.

I'd imagine that one set of broadcasting facilities could also be used by the clubs for live pay to view broadcasts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8320151/Scottish-football-explores-restart-using-regional-hubs-order-fans-grounds.html

Don't think this would be very popular with Regional Hertz fans.

This is not viable for clubs outside the top division in Scotland and even then they’d be running at a loss, you can’t have Part Time players involved and then send them off to their job the rest of the week.

No chance UEFA will ditch EURO 2020 as it’s a big payday for them they’d probably play them behind closed doors rather than ditching it.

Has anyone even thought of the risk that contains so say for instance 2 or 3 members of team contract covid  or even backroom staff youve just basically contaminated the area deep clean required for said stadium not to mention the people thats been in contact.  Players tested previously for covid before game what if player contracts it after being tested.  Good idea in theory reality is its bollocks.

38 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Doncaster's next move will be only top flight football next season, f**k everyone else!

That really wouldn't surprise me. Think they'd be quite keen to see a number of diddy clubs wither and die over a season then go for reconstruction. They'd have less clubs to share the tv loot with and they'd probably tilt it even more in the top league's favour in a "take it or leave it" deal. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

That really wouldn't surprise me. Think they'd be quite keen to see a number of diddy clubs wither and die over a season then go for reconstruction. They'd have less clubs to share the tv loot with and they'd probably tilt it even more in the top league's favour in a "take it or leave it" deal. 

Ludicrous nonsense. It would open up spaces that Lowland and Highland League clubs, and 'phoenix clubs' would apply for and take. The leagues will not run with reduced members.

I suppose if they want to go the whole hog with regional hubs then games could be played at the 3 indoor centres:

Ravenscraig for Airdrie, Motherwell, Hamilton, Albion Rovers, Clyde.

Toryglen for Celtic, Rangers, Queens Park, Partick, St Mirren, Morton, Dumbarton 

Omnium for Hibs, Hearts, Edinburgh City, Livingston 

Why? It's easy to keep folk out if that is the aim, they are neutral venues (Hearts train at Riccarton but so do City and others), the ventilation might give some protection although I'm not sure, the artificial pitches allow for more than one match a day and the fact that the whole closed doors thing reduces league games to almost like pre season friendlies you might as well play them in glorified school gyms