Tommy 'tucker' Sloan

traffordab

Saying this as  a lanarkshire / lothian junior football man surely he has to be considered the greatest junior and non league manager of all time. 

Not just the trophy haul but the man's demeanour, his down to earth attitude, his ability to use good funds well and unearth gems, his longevity of success the list goes on and on. 

Just everything you'd want in a football manager if only our own clubs could have a clone of the man! 

If possible can someone confirm  how many trophies has he amassed? and what ones? 

How does it compare to william knox? 

I've been around the junior game many decades and can think of a few prominent junior managers who have won a fair bit like rab sneddon at pollok, miller at beith, strain srn but this is usually a two or three year four at a push cycle then they go off most never replicating this .

Being such a prominent ayrshire man will the hunger still be in him in the next two or three years when his club are playing sides from all over the country in less intense games non local games. Who knows it will certainly be interesting to find out as he nears what will it be 20 years in charge at atfc 😱

JS91173088.jpg

Edited by traffordab

7 Scottish Cups; 7 Western Super League titles; 2 West of Scotland; 2 Sectional League Cup; 4 Ayrshire Cup; 5 Ayrshire League Cup; 3 Evening Times - 30 in total if I've worked it our correctly?

He is the most unassuming man around, and is always keen to engage with fans about any aspect of the game. He's also the first person out on the Beechwood pitch before every single game kicking a ball around and taking shots at goal. The perfect manager.

Edited by TFW

Cheers mate.

Just stats you won't ever see again i don't think. 

I think what's so incredible about the man is in the passionate intense world of west region and junior football in general nobody has ever had a bad word to say about the man from all sides even your local pals at cumnock! 

I can imagine even if he had won zero, one trophy or twenty or fifty trophies he'd be exactly the same kind of man.