Tom English - What's the opinion?

Tom English  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really enjoy his 'outlook' on our game, and the fact he isnt Scottish or a Bigot Brother has been a bonus.

His hubris, undeniably , has been this recent unpleasant business of trying to give Shan  Budge a bawhum.

Him and Mikey Stewart are the only ones worth bothering about in Scottish football media circles.

I think he’s okay. He is one of the better ones and I don’t think he has an agenda. As has previously been mentioned he has probably went all in on the bullying nonsense without any credible evidence and has missed a few opportunities to back down on it. The reaction to him on here has been far more extreme than anything he has tweeted or published.

Sportsound in general feels like a poorly run nursery on open all mikes which is the one that gets most listeners.

I understand that Craig Paterson left because he didnt like the format.

Since then there have been some fairly poor contributors brought in - Alan Preston is perhaps the worst example. There have been successes, Derek Ferguson clearly loves his football, and its great that he is so positive about his local club and doesnt just see the world revolving round Rangers.

Against that fairly poor backdrop, anyone who can string a sentence together - like Michael Stewart and Tom English - sounds plausible and refreshing.

That doesnt mean that Tom English views on Scottish football are right and cant be challenged.

He has backed the wrong horses recently but his massive ego doesnt allow him to back down.

15 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Sportsound in general feels like a poorly run nursery on open all mikes which is the one that gets most listeners.

Since then there have been some fairly poor contributors brought in - Alan Preston is perhaps the worst example. There have been successes, Derek Ferguson clearly loves his football, and its great that he is so positive about his local club and doesnt just see the world revolving round Rangers.

Against that fairly poor backdrop, anyone who can string a sentence together - like Michael Stewart and Tom English - sounds plausible and refreshing.

That doesnt mean that Tom English views on Scottish football are right and cant be challenged.

He has backed the wrong horses recently but his massive ego doesnt allow him to back down.

Telling people what views they can and can't have, that's some ego you've got there....

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Telling people what views they can and can't have, that's some ego you've got there....

(1) He backed the "explosive Rangers dossier" which demonstrated "bullying and coercion by the SPFL" - this has been shown to be nonsensical and the prime stooge in this - Scott Gardiner - to be a fantasist who has no back up to his claims, or credibility among the Championship clubs he claimed were witness to the bullying.

(2) He claims that the result of the EGM ballot - which went againt Rangers, Hearts etc - is actually an endorsement to go ahead with an inquiry.

Thats two examples which dont actually need my ego, but which I just wasted my time typing as no doubt you will say I am wrong.

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

(1) He backed the "explosive Rangers dossier" which demonstrated "bullying and coercion by the SPFL" - this has been shown to be nonsensical and the prime stooge in this - Scott Gardiner - to be a fantasist who has no back up to his claims, or credibility among the Championship clubs he claimed were witness to the bullying.

(2) He claims that the result of the EGM ballot - which went againt Rangers, Hearts etc - is actually an endorsement to go ahead with an inquiry.

Thats two examples which dont actually need my ego, but which I just wasted my time typing as no doubt you will say I am wrong.

A laughing face, that cannot be argued with.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just wait til Tom decides he better put the boot into the Klan to even things up.

Let's see if he is a legendary figure fighting for justice amongst the *** fans then.

Copying MacGilligans patter....

Kind of proves my earlier post about celtic fans and their expectations regarding Tom English being "one of them".

4 minutes ago, Fashanu said:

He’s definitely suffering from small cock syndrome. 

It's just Romeo being Romeo,  I'm sure that his Juliet is perfectly satisfied. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Along with the "Are you telling me that successful business woman Ann Budge doesn't know the difference between a loan and an advance?" shout his reverse ferret from "Loans, advances...call them what you want", "Ann Budge says the SPFL could have loaned the clubs the money as an alternative" to "no one was asking for 42 clubs to be loaned money anyway" in the space of about 20 mins live on air was a lewk as well.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Craig Paterson, a cup winning hero, but no loss to the radio

16 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I think he’s okay. He is one of the better ones and I don’t think he has an agenda. As has previously been mentioned he has probably went all in on the bullying nonsense without any credible evidence and has missed a few opportunities to back down on it. The reaction to him on here has been far more extreme than anything he has tweeted or published.

I don't think he hjs an agenda, I don't think (at least as far as football goes)  he has a fecking clue.....................really.

16 hours ago, Green Day said:

Michael Stewart knows is footy and doesn't come over as overtly biased, English Tom on the other hand is the modern day version of Uncle!

16 hours ago, Green Day said:

You are correct ...........go to the top of the class.

15 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Along with the "Are you telling me that successful business woman Ann Budge doesn't know the difference between a loan and an advance?" shout his reverse ferret from "Loans, advances...call them what you want", "Ann Budge says the SPFL could have loaned the clubs the money as an alternative" to "no one was asking for 42 clubs to be loaned money anyway" in the space of about 20 mins live on air was a lewk as well.

Anne Budge read the signs wrongly and Hearts paid the price..........(I personally didn't fancy a 14,14,14 set up at all)  but if she had gone for a long term change she just may have gotten the support she needed.  However she was so sure she had the backing (god knows why) that she made it clear this was just for one year  and to save Hearts, I guess she was wrong.

I used to think that English was decent when he started out but over the years he’s been dragged down to the standard of the rest of the Scottish football media.

I can’t remember exactly what the situation was but it was last year I noticed that he was coming out with stuff on Twitter that was just bizarre and really illogical reasoning from someone who should be capable of understanding reason.

It’s just like this situation. Whatever the feeling towards the SPFL, Rangers, reconstruction etc it’s clear that the way Rangers went about this was awful and it completely undermined their valid arguments and therefore, the vote itself.

That English can’t seem to see that or understand what’s happened is just bizarre. That he doubles down and attacks people on Twitter when they don’t agree is completely wrong from a BBC employee.