Things You'll Miss About Lockdown

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

If (when) I win the lottery I'd wait until the money is in my account and just walk out.
Would hand stuff into management and have a statement sent to HR about all the behaviour and cc it to my boss.

Why bother?

It's not like they will give  a f**k and it will only put you in a bad (worse) light.  

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d imagine it’s similar to Iceland’s Blue Lagoon which is a wonderful experience.

true enough, but factor in being waited on with brennivín and harðfiskur by an elfin þjónustustúlka  on the one hand compared with your neighbour hanging over the fence shouting "an' wha' the fook's you set o' twats up to, eh ?" while your filter slowly clogs up with the whippet shit  that they've lobbed in overnight - may mitigate  against the herriot'esque experience...

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

If (when) I win the lottery I'd wait until the money is in my account and just walk out.
Would hand stuff into management and have a statement sent to HR about all the behaviour and cc it to my boss.

You’d probably get a letter two weeks later confirming that productivity had increased 18% since you’d left.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’d probably get a letter two weeks later confirming that productivity had increased 18% since you’d left.

That's actually funny that you think my workplace actually cares about things like that.

49 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

hot tub - in yorkshire - good luck wi' that !

grin.png

Related image

Errrr it’s a ‘HOT’ tub, meaning it’s hot 

21 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

true enough, but factor in being waited on with brennivín and harðfiskur by an elfin þjónustustúlka  on the one hand compared with your neighbour hanging over the fence shouting "an' wha' the fook's you set o' twats up to, eh ?" while your filter slowly clogs up with the whippet shit  that they've lobbed in overnight - may mitigate  against the herriot'esque experience...

Mines is secluded, I can see no point in having one if the neeburs can see over at you, oh and they have lids. Unless they’re bawsy enough to chuck shit over at you whilst you’re in it of course 

31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Why bother?

It's not like they will give  a f**k and it will only put you in a bad (worse) light.  

Because it's the last chance the whinging fucker will get to complain about his work

Or because I care that theres been a jobs for the boys type mentality. Sexism, racism, dividing the workforce. Bullying, harassment, threats of violence. Major corruption of overtime and things that would get the company shut down.
Women in tears and people laughing about it.
Sorry for whinging

Because it's the last chance the whinging fucker will get to complain about his work

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Or because I care that theres been a jobs for the boys type mentality. Sexism, racism, dividing the workforce. Bullying, harassment, threats of violence. Major corruption of overtime and things that would get the company shut down.
Sorry for whinging

You work on the set of eastenders  ????

Not getting shite through the post.

Just got my first "you better get a TV licence" letter in months. Clearly the licence agency thinks we're all listening to Boris up here and all is back to normal.

Edited by BawWatchin

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I will miss educating the denizens of P&B.

Most of the denizens don't want educting* by you...

* Some of us may need it, but don't necessarily want it...

Edited by Jacksgranda

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry for whinging

Do something about it then. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You've been at the abacus again...

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Did you get your $1200 Trump signed cheque or whatever it was?

I did. Although mine was a Direct Deposit rather than a cheque signed personally by the Glorious Leader * himself. And it was a bit less than the advertised $1,200 because it was based on 2019's taxes and I was earning a decent salary back then. I bought some ink cartridges for the printer to do my bit towards getting the economy back on track.

* Still not voting for the canute though.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, likes a grass. 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Plenty of comments showing that folk feel better, healthier and other benefits.

It shows that the previous way of working just isn't healthy. 

By this I mean set, rigid working times and everyone having to be in a precise physical location. Folk cramming on to a bus or train at the same times. Folk feeling constantly tired because they're having to get up too early. Folk stressed because they don't get enough time to themselves, wasting their life away in commutes.

Things need to change. Some folk will really want to get back to the commute and early rising and physical office and rigid working times. That's fine, it works for them, and they should be able to do so again once possible.

But it doesn't work for many others. Folk should be allowed to be flexible with start and finish times and in where they work from. We already work far too much as it is. Hopefully we start to see the end of working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Folk might think that because they're busy all the time they have to work so many hours, but often that's a case of work expanding to fill the time or simply someone being exploited to be doing far more than they should. It shouldn't be a badge of honour to be constantly busy.

Changing things will have tremendous benefits to people's health and I can't see a downside to such big changes.

On the other hand I've heard and read about people struggling with mental health issues while WFH. Not me though, it's been the best work time I can remember.

7 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I’d piss in the fax machine to stop the National Statistics organisation from using it to request stuff.

Fax machine, explain for the younger viewers.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson