Things You'll Miss About Lockdown

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Rarely seeing the general public. I'm no longer getting absolutely furious at the behaviour of randoms on public transport, in pubs etc on a daily basis

Fucking seek of desperados that usually slide quietly passed me stopping for a conversation now

i have enjoyed the lie ins, cooking, getting jobs done that have needed done, some for two years, getting in the hot tub with mid afternoon beers and actually spending more time with the wife

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s probably helped me realise that retirement when it comes is manageable.

I've decided I'm never retiring.

How the f**k the unemployed do this and think we are the silly c***s for working is way over my head.

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit work back into my schedule. I've been riding my bike, taking long walks, sitting out in the garden drinking beer, writing, birdwatching, fishing, spending time with my ageing dug, drawing, living life at a slow pace instead of racing around like a mad b*****d - I haven't looked this healthy in years.

F**k working.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

How the f**k the unemployed do this and think we are the silly c***s for working is way over my head.

If I could afford it I'd never work again.

8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Have you no imagination or thoughts about doing other things?

I'd herd people like you and keep you working so that I don't have to.

Not having to get up ridiculously early to get showered and ready for work. This working from home malarkey is actually not bad, though i do miss the office at times. 

Being able to finish working at 5 and get straight out on the bike, without that time wasted on finishing up at work, coming home, getting changed etc. 

Also not being at work means I'm not consuming a load of unhealthy shite. Since lockdown started I've biked about 900 miles and lost half a stone. I feel fitter than I've done for years. 

Plenty of comments showing that folk feel better, healthier and other benefits.

It shows that the previous way of working just isn't healthy. 

By this I mean set, rigid working times and everyone having to be in a precise physical location. Folk cramming on to a bus or train at the same times. Folk feeling constantly tired because they're having to get up too early. Folk stressed because they don't get enough time to themselves, wasting their life away in commutes.

Things need to change. Some folk will really want to get back to the commute and early rising and physical office and rigid working times. That's fine, it works for them, and they should be able to do so again once possible.

But it doesn't work for many others. Folk should be allowed to be flexible with start and finish times and in where they work from. We already work far too much as it is. Hopefully we start to see the end of working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Folk might think that because they're busy all the time they have to work so many hours, but often that's a case of work expanding to fill the time or simply someone being exploited to be doing far more than they should. It shouldn't be a badge of honour to be constantly busy.

Changing things will have tremendous benefits to people's health and I can't see a downside to such big changes.

50 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

oaksoft's either a late riser, not feeling well or considers the bait too obvious

The government should institute Universal Basic Income so people can choose how much they want to work, if at all. Some people are much happier and healthier without work. Work can be a chore and it would be a good thing to not be forced to do it. A good thing.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
If I could afford it I'd never work again.

Literally wouldnt even finish what I was doing if I found out I could afford to get up and walk out

think I'd feel obliged to take a last day or so ringing round and telling a few of the arseholes I've been obliged to deal with over the years what I really think of them without having to toe the party line and 'keep them sweet' before disappearing - f**k using my own phone to do that, it'd be a final, glorious abuse of company facilities ! 

13 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

...and back OT - the quiet roads have been glorious ! a 25 mile round trip to work and back seeing nothing more than a few partridges, some sheep and lambs and some ducks and stuff have been fantastic - not looking forward to a return to the usual cavalcade of barely sentient fucking imbeciles....

If you actually mean partridges (and not, say, pheasants), I'd be interested to know the approximate location.

11 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Your opinion will gradually change as each year of your life passes 

44 minutes ago, sugna said:

If you actually mean partridges (and not, say, pheasants), I'd be interested to know the approximate location.

East Sussex, between Lewes and Crowborough - and yeah, partridges of the red-legged variety (foreigners !) - there are herds (definitely the proper collective term) of them about in the winter, ahve seen up to a dozen at a time, but only seen the odd pair or singles over the last month or so...

11 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit work back into my schedule. I've been riding my bike, taking long walks, sitting out in the garden drinking beer, writing, birdwatching, fishing, spending time with my ageing dug, drawing, living life at a slow pace instead of racing around like a mad b*****d - I haven't looked this healthy in years.

F**k working.

Did you get your $1200 Trump signed cheque or whatever it was?

12 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Fucking seek of desperados that usually slide quietly passed me stopping for a conversation now

i have enjoyed the lie ins, cooking, getting jobs done that have needed done, some for two years, getting in the hot tub with mid afternoon beers (1) and actually spending more time with the wife(2)

1. I had a couple of weeks wfh while the Service worked out what to do with all us non-operational staff, which got me well in front with this year's spring/summer maintenance schedule - including setting up the hot tub, although it's been soft or hot drinks nowI've more or less shelved the beer.

2. Strangely, as Mrs WRK has taken a job in a supermarket to fill the gap while her business is suspended, we're seeing less of each other due to her working til 10 some nights.  Something I won't miss about lockdown thread for that pish!

think I'd feel obliged to take a last day or so ringing round and telling a few of the arseholes I've been obliged to deal with over the years what I really think of them without having to toe the party line and 'keep them sweet' before disappearing - f**k using my own phone to do that, it'd be a final, glorious abuse of company facilities ! 
If (when) I win the lottery I'd wait until the money is in my account and just walk out.
Would hand stuff into management and have a statement sent to HR about all the behaviour and cc it to my boss.