Things You'll Miss About Lockdown

Doing good stuff >>> Having a larger number on my banking app.

I live by this philosophy. Although I’ve managed to save a fair amount due to lack of spending, and a couple of holidays being cancelled. Can’t say I’m overly bothered at the moment about holidays etc, as they can always be rebooked, and I’d imagine I’ll go all out and get a few booked up when holidays resume anyway.

The one thing I’ll admit I am missing a lot, is going to decent restaurants.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

I live by this philosophy. Although I’ve managed to save a fair amount due to lack of spending, and a couple of holidays being cancelled. Can’t say I’m overly bothered at the moment about holidays etc, as they can always be rebooked, and I’d imagine I’ll go all out and get a few booked up when holidays resume anyway.

The one thing I’ll admit I am missing a lot, is going to decent restaurants.

Restaurants and pubs. I absolutely fucking cherish going to the pub. And not even just at times where I plan to get ripped. I know you are in agreement with this also. 

I dearly miss the atmosphere of pubs. 

Nothing. I wasn't furloughed because I'm a white collar, middle class w****r who can work from home. My wife wasnt furloughed either. That's left us both working full time while also trying to look after our two year old daughter full time as well.

So we took to basically working shifts, morning and afternoon looking after the wee one and working the other time, then making up the lost hours of work at night.

So when I'm not stressed over not getting enough work done, I'm stressed over worry that I'm not keeping my wee girl happy and entertained. Then in the times in between both those, I'm so fucking bored it actually induces it's own stress.

Any advantage I've got from the near 90% cut I've achieved in my weekend binge drinking has been lost through chronic lack of exercise and eating junk. Or at least more junk than usual.

So no, I won't be missing much of this lockdown at all, really.

Edited by renton

For most of my life I would have thought I'd hit the jackpot if I was told I was being put on furlough for a couple of months on full pay. No pubs and holidays would put a bummer on it, but still..

Spending time with my kids, watching how well my kids are getting on with each other, getting out amongst nature every day, going for walks at sunset around the Southside and hearing nothing but birdsong, fresh air, exploring bits of the city I've never been to before, living 'slowly' with nothing in particular to rush around for, staying up late and having a drink without too much worry about having to get up early the next morning, not having loads of commitments to keep to, saving money, bike rides with hardly any traffic around.

Probably other things too. There's a lot to miss, and I think it'll take me a while to transition out of it.

Edited by Adamski

Routines. I’ve always hated doing the same thing at the same time every day or week, especially when I’m supposed to do it. Sunday lunch with Yorkshire puddings is just weird to me. 
Eat when you need, with what is available is how we evolved, no?

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

c7dd7f597a69d55def8bae64bd74b712.jpg

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Look how happy that c**t is, knowing what's coming.

Must be a contortionist to fit in that bird bath, though.

bearing in mind there's barely a couple of inches of water in that tub at best under normal parameters, I'm thinking that may be just an 'entrance ', and there's another four feet or so sunk in to the floor with a seat to one side half way down - he'll be able to sit in hot water up to his shoulders, in front of the fire, staring at the space in his front room where the TV's going to be in 15 years or so when it's invented/commercially available...

...and back OT - the quiet roads have been glorious ! a 25 mile round trip to work and back seeing nothing more than a few partridges, some sheep and lambs and some ducks and stuff have been fantastic - not looking forward to a return to the usual cavalcade of barely sentient fucking imbeciles....

Already missing the lack of traffic and quieter streets, as the amount of cars firing around the roads already seems to be back at pre lockdown levels and the amount of folk on the streets has been increasing steadily to the same levels.

It's been nice and peaceful and things just seemed more relaxed. It's made me realise that I actually quite dislike the sound of traffic, even though most of the time it's a background noise thay barely registers. I'd love to live somewhere where I didn't hear cars and other vehicles going by every couple of seconds.

Same with empty supermarkets. It was great with barely anyone in.

Edited by DA Baracus

No pub, no fitba, no restaurants, no racing, no gambling, no holidays all negative but conversely that results in a ton of cash saved even allowing for drinking and eating way better than we normally bother doing at home. My one thing to take out this is just how expensive take away food is. Stopped that completely and can eat fillet steak or fresh seafood home prepared for the price of a Chinese takeaway.

It wasn't the intention, but I think this is turning into arguments for a general population cull.

How many would need to die to make everyone happy...75%? Would we draw straws? Execution after a certain age, Logan's Run style? Or just survival of the fittest?

Asking for a mate (Donald J. Trump).

I will miss spending more time with my wife and son. I get up with him and give him his breakfast, take my lunch so I can play with him in the garden in the afternoon, eat dinner with him every night and bath him and put him to bed. It’s great.

My wife and I can both work from home so we haven’t lost any money and by the end of it we’ll have saved a lot of money in fuel and nursery bills.

It’s been a much healthier few weeks all round, from a personal perspective; a good nights kip, no commutes or stressful driving long distances for work and time away from home, easy to make time for regular exercise, less fast food, no regular after work pint etc..
Really missed the Sport but suppose that’s encouraged more reading and listening to different music. Will be glad to get back to some level of normality but it’s definitely had some positives to look back on.