tHe BlUe PoUnD watch

I do hope everyone in this thread is bearing in mind that the The Rangers fans are, as usual, not representative of the majority of The Rangers fans.

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

In related news, their little brothers have a 10-page thread on Kickback full of grandiose power-fantasies about withholding the maroon pound from Scottish fitba'; a couple of the more delusional specimens are so far gone down the wee-*** rabbit hole, they seem to think Hearts commands a Rangers-sized away crowd, and will take 4000 punters to Dumfries or Inverness for a bog-standard tier-2 league game.

MaroonPound.thumb.png.07c64d1edd36149116f24e982ac67555.png

do they think that ICT voted purely for moral reasons, and not trying to force reconstruction for their own purpose?

7 hours ago, GordonS said:
So I had a go at working out the value of this blue pound. I took the total attendances for Premiership clubs in 2018/19 and knocked off the attendances in their games against Rangers to find their average against the other 10 clubs. Then I looked at the difference between the attendances in those one or two Rangers games and the non-Rangers average. I then assumed £30 per ticket, which is probably wrong. Bear in mind that those who played them only once at home (St Johnstone, Dundee and St Mirren) would have had around double that if they'd played Rangers twice. Here's what I got:

Livingston FC    £367,013

Kilmarnock FC    £363,212

Aberdeen FC    £281,206

Motherwell FC    £263,172

Hamilton Academical FC    £173,718

Hibernian FC    £106,526

St. Johnstone FC    £101,162

Heart of Midlothian FC    £84,231

Dundee FC    £80,788

Celtic FC    £78,819

St. Mirren FC    £21,578

Interesting thing is St Mirren at the bottom - they only played Rangers once at home, and the attendance wasn't much more than their average. 

Total value of the blue pound is nearly £2 million, with nearly a two-thirds of that split between four clubs. 

This figure will be way off for Killie.

The second game against Rangers was on the last day of the season and was our biggest league game in years given that it came with a chance to finish 3rd if we beat them (which we did). The home attendance was therefore much higher than normal. Also, the first game of last season (also a win) was also the last ever game where we gave Rangers both stands, something that won't be happening going forward.

I also have absolutely no doubt that Rangers will continue to sell out the one stand they get at Rugby Park, regardless of any mooted boycott, because there are sadly far too many of them in Ayrshire.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

This figure will be way off for Killie.

The second game against Rangers was on the last day of the season and was our biggest league game in years given that it came with a chance to finish 3rd if we beat them (which we did). The home attendance was therefore much higher than normal. Also, the first game of last season (also a win) was also the last ever game where we gave Rangers both stands, something that won't be happening going forward.

I also have absolutely no doubt that Rangers will continue to sell out the one stand they get at Rugby Park, regardless of any mooted boycott, because there are sadly far too many of them in Ayrshire.

Its easier just to buy a home end ticket tbf.

Is there a thicker fanbase on the entire planet than Sevco's? I don't think so.

They want to damage clubs as much as possible yet cry about tainted titles all the time. They want to crow about being the best yet want to give themselves every single possible advantage and give everyone else every possible disadvantage.

The mental gymnastics must be exhausting.

Anyway, we should definitely take them seriously, as the last time Premiership teams were denied the blue pound, 6 clubs went in to administration within weeks 

Love, love, love a seething ‘blue boycott’.

As with the proposed one in 2012 what will actually happen is they will forget about it when football restarts and moan they aren’t getting enough tickets.

I hope we and all other clubs reduce their allocation on the back of this news. And when they moan we don’t increase it.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Love, love, love a seething ‘blue boycott’.

As with the proposed one in 2012 what will actually happen is they will forget about it when football restarts and moan they aren’t getting enough tickets.

I hope we and all other clubs reduce their allocation on the back of this news. And when they moan we don’t increase it.

Should always be the bare minimum imo. Invite fans of other clubs to make up any empty seats and we can all unite in pointing and laughing at them.

On 13/05/2020 at 02:47, GordonS said:

St. Mirren FC    £21,578

Interesting thing is St Mirren at the bottom - they only played Rangers once at home, and the attendance wasn't much more than their average.

Indeed, the attendance at the  home game v the currants was only our SIXTH highest of last season.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Anybody considered the blue green wot ever colour pound won’t matter as nae fans will be allowed in any stadium.? 

Will you be alright then😏

Perhaps Hearts will use that time constructively to put together a finished stand that they've sucked all your fans money into.

But then again.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Perhaps Hearts will use that time constructively to put together a finished stand that they've sucked all your fans money into.

But then again.

Rangers* and Hearts to start their own breakaway currency IMO.

5 GBP = 10 FTP

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

So I had a go at working out the value of this blue pound. I took the total attendances for Premiership clubs in 2018/19 and knocked off the attendances in their games against Rangers to find their average against the other 10 clubs. Then I looked at the difference between the attendances in those one or two Rangers games and the non-Rangers average. I then assumed £30 per ticket, which is probably wrong. Bear in mind that those who played them only once at home (St Johnstone, Dundee and St Mirren) would have had around double that if they'd played Rangers twice. Here's what I got:

Livingston FC    £367,013
Kilmarnock FC    £363,212
Aberdeen FC    £281,206
Motherwell FC    £263,172
Hamilton Academical FC    £173,718
Hibernian FC    £106,526
St. Johnstone FC    £101,162
Heart of Midlothian FC    £84,231
Dundee FC    £80,788
Celtic FC    £78,819
St. Mirren FC    £21,578

Total value of the blue pound is nearly £2 million, with nearly a two-thirds of that split between four clubs. 

There's no such thing as a blue pound.

If, say, Livingston don't show up to play Rangers, nobody pays to watch.