tHe BlUe PoUnD watch

Unfortunately, it looks like we are going once again to have a sharp rise of Rangers supporters depriving Scottish football of their all important, economy dependant 'blue pound'. 

Please document the most striking and concerning cases of your wee diddy club potentially being denied tHe BlUe PoUnD in here and express your heartfelt worry for us all to share and formulate what we will do without Rangers proudly and staunchly keeping us afloat. 

Be strong :(💷

Two can play that game  .......

I'll not be buying my next Bentley from Parks of Hamilton dealership.

And I'll hire my luxury air-conditioned coaches elsewhere as well.

Aye, f*ck him.

Who's sorry now ???

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Is it because they went all Stricktly at the disabled area?

They are prone to wreck our ground and they are vile bigoted scum. Well only most of them 

In related news, their little brothers have a 10-page thread on Kickback full of grandiose power-fantasies about withholding the maroon pound from Scottish fitba'; a couple of the more delusional specimens are so far gone down the wee-*** rabbit hole, they seem to think Hearts commands a Rangers-sized away crowd, and will take 4000 punters to Dumfries or Inverness for a bog-standard tier-2 league game.

MaroonPound.thumb.png.07c64d1edd36149116f24e982ac67555.png

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The future of Scottish football is worrying, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the posturing from those c***s.

This is true but nothing new. The whole thing burning to the ground wouldn't be a bad thing or borrowing Robespierre's guillotine at the very least.

Irrespective of the SPFL Board being correct in this instance, they're undoubtedly incompetent (like their SFA counterparts) and Clubs posturing integrity whilst blatantly acting in self interest, the whole shitshow won't change. The reaction and subsequent decisions made in 2012 tells us this. Burn it down.

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

This is true but nothing new. The whole thing burning to the ground wouldn't be a bad thing or borrowing Robespierre's guillotine at the very least.

Irrespective of the SPFL Board being correct in this instance, they're undoubtedly incompetent (like their SFA counterparts) and Clubs posturing integrity whilst blatantly acting in self interest, the whole shitshow won't change. The reaction and subsequent decisions made in 2012 tells us this. Burn it down.

The Sevco of Glesga was absolutely acting in self interest but that doesn't make 'us' wrong.

The whole SPFL shitshow should have been called to account today.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Sevco of Glesga was absolutely acting in self interest but that doesn't make 'us' wrong.

The whole SPFL shitshow should have been called to account today.

No right and wrong in politics. Just winners and losers. Hearts and The Rangers being the 2 biggest losers.

Suck it up.

So I had a go at working out the value of this blue pound. I took the total attendances for Premiership clubs in 2018/19 and knocked off the attendances in their games against Rangers to find their average against the other 10 clubs. Then I looked at the difference between the attendances in those one or two Rangers games and the non-Rangers average. I then assumed £30 per ticket, which is probably wrong. Bear in mind that those who played them only once at home (St Johnstone, Dundee and St Mirren) would have had around double that if they'd played Rangers twice. Here's what I got:

Livingston FC    £367,013
Kilmarnock FC    £363,212
Aberdeen FC    £281,206
Motherwell FC    £263,172
Hamilton Academical FC    £173,718
Hibernian FC    £106,526
St. Johnstone FC    £101,162
Heart of Midlothian FC    £84,231
Dundee FC    £80,788
Celtic FC    £78,819
St. Mirren FC    £21,578

Interesting thing is St Mirren at the bottom - they only played Rangers once at home, and the attendance wasn't much more than their average. 

Total value of the blue pound is nearly £2 million, with nearly a two-thirds of that split between four clubs. 

Edited by GordonS