Best/Worst Premiership Stadiums

Premiership Stadiums  

275 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Pittodrie, last time I was there in 2011, was pretty depressing, left to rot by an abomination of a board.

Tynie, 2006 or so was still great.
Easter road, again mid 2000’s was pretty good.

Never liked either of the cheeks grounds, not really happy hunting grounds my last few years in Scotland, also I always felt the need to disinfect myself after being there.

Might be different now I’d be visiting sober?

Yes; it'll be much worse.

In terms of the away grounds I've been to, I'll rate accordingly:

Aberdeen: Haven't been to the city of Aberdeen let alone Pittodrie, N/A.

Celtic: That f*****g pillar man... Celtic Park is good big stadium and having sat in the upper tier of the Jock Stein stand when Scotland played England there, it's got a good atmosphere and good views from there. But the away end is a dire experience with almost a third of your view restricted, being subjected to abuse from morons in the home end who don't seem to watch the game at all, and also nazi stewards. Also terrible pies. 1/10

Hamilton: NDP is what it is, and people can say what they like about the place but there's worse places to watch football. Even if you're not a fan of the pubs etc around Hamilton, you can just drink in Glasgow and then get the train out there. The view is decent, you can still watch the game while you're getting a pie and it's a good bounce when the stand is full and you score. Pies etc aren't great and I've had a couple of soakings from the weather before which is a downside. 5/10

Hearts: the best away day by a country mile. Great stadium with terrific atmosphere, great views and you're right on top of it all. Add to that we have a great record there, plus their pies are decent. 10/10

Hibs: the second-best away day, since Easter Road's rebuilding was finished with the completion of the east stand the place has had a great atmosphere and good facilities. Good view and plenty of good boozers nearby, much like Tynecastle. 8.5/10

Livingston: the stadium itself is good, unfortunately it's too big due to the old stupid 10,000 seater rule. Still, no unrestricted views, but it can take a while to exit the place. It's a shame the surrounding area doesn't have much to cater for pubs etc, but I suppose you can always go shopping before the game if you're into that sort of thing. 5/10

Motherwell: I like Fir Park. Given that most grounds now have at least 2 stands that look very similar I like that all the stands look different. I've sat in 3 of the 4 stands and the away end is excellent, especially with a big crowd inside it. A big downside is coming from the train or parking at the civic centre and having to walk all the way round to get to the away end as you never think it'll take that long but then ten minutes later you're still walking. 7.5/10

Rangers: being an away fan at Ibrox isn't the nicest experience in the world, but at least there's not a massive pillar to block your view. Ibrox itself is a great stadium for atmosphere, but it's a shame that most of the energy coming from the home fans is of a bigoted nature at times. The complaints about nazi stewards, home end morons and terrible pies etc are just as true here as they are at Celtic Park. 2/10

Ross County: been to the stadium while in Dingwall, but haven't been to a game there yet. Still, impressed by the setup as it looks absolutely smashing and I've yet to hear a bad review about an away day there, N/A.

St. Johnstone: I don't mind McDiarmid as a stadium but it always seems to be cold every time I go. Decent catering setup, but the stadium is too far away from any decent pubs etc. 5/10

St. Mirren: The new stadium is alright but the away end isn't a patch on the one at Love Street. It's a good size of ground but the stands are too shallow and even from the top few rows you struggle to see anything much up the other end. Still, it's not too far away from pubs and the town centre, and I enjoy a pint or two in the Caledonia bowling club before games. 7.5/10

As for Rugby Park, if I was an away fan I definitely wouldn't be a fan of the legroom. I don't think we're the worst away day, but I wouldn't have us being the top destination for away fans either. At least if you're a smoker you can go out and have a smoke if you want to, and there's a good amount of pubs near the ground. 

Tynecastle for best atmosphere. Easter Road is also a great stadium and I love the pizza they serve. Hope Aberdeen take inspiration from them.

Pittordrie is soulless. The new stadium is desperately needed. 

I'd have to say Hamilton's stadium is the worst. Worst doesn't necessarily mean bad. Its ok. 

15 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

In terms of the away grounds I've been to, I'll rate accordingly:

Aberdeen: Haven't been to the city of Aberdeen let alone Pittodrie, N/A.

Celtic: That f*****g pillar man... Celtic Park is good big stadium and having sat in the upper tier of the Jock Stein stand when Scotland played England there, it's got a good atmosphere and good views from there. But the away end is a dire experience with almost a third of your view restricted, being subjected to abuse from morons in the home end who don't seem to watch the game at all, and also nazi stewards. Also terrible pies. 1/10

Hamilton: NDP is what it is, and people can say what they like about the place but there's worse places to watch football. Even if you're not a fan of the pubs etc around Hamilton, you can just drink in Glasgow and then get the train out there. The view is decent, you can still watch the game while you're getting a pie and it's a good bounce when the stand is full and you score. Pies etc aren't great and I've had a couple of soakings from the weather before which is a downside. 5/10

Hearts: the best away day by a country mile. Great stadium with terrific atmosphere, great views and you're right on top of it all. Add to that we have a great record there, plus their pies are decent. 10/10

Hibs: the second-best away day, since Easter Road's rebuilding was finished with the completion of the east stand the place has had a great atmosphere and good facilities. Good view and plenty of good boozers nearby, much like Tynecastle. 8.5/10

Livingston: the stadium itself is good, unfortunately it's too big due to the old stupid 10,000 seater rule. Still, no unrestricted views, but it can take a while to exit the place. It's a shame the surrounding area doesn't have much to cater for pubs etc, but I suppose you can always go shopping before the game if you're into that sort of thing. 5/10

Motherwell: I like Fir Park. Given that most grounds now have at least 2 stands that look very similar I like that all the stands look different. I've sat in 3 of the 4 stands and the away end is excellent, especially with a big crowd inside it. A big downside is coming from the train or parking at the civic centre and having to walk all the way round to get to the away end as you never think it'll take that long but then ten minutes later you're still walking. 7.5/10

Rangers: being an away fan at Ibrox isn't the nicest experience in the world, but at least there's not a massive pillar to block your view. Ibrox itself is a great stadium for atmosphere, but it's a shame that most of the energy coming from the home fans is of a bigoted nature at times. The complaints about nazi stewards, home end morons and terrible pies etc are just as true here as they are at Celtic Park. 2/10

Ross County: been to the stadium while in Dingwall, but haven't been to a game there yet. Still, impressed by the setup as it looks absolutely smashing and I've yet to hear a bad review about an away day there, N/A.

St. Johnstone: I don't mind McDiarmid as a stadium but it always seems to be cold every time I go. Decent catering setup, but the stadium is too far away from any decent pubs etc. 5/10

St. Mirren: The new stadium is alright but the away end isn't a patch on the one at Love Street. It's a good size of ground but the stands are too shallow and even from the top few rows you struggle to see anything much up the other end. Still, it's not too far away from pubs and the town centre, and I enjoy a pint or two in the Caledonia bowling club before games. 7.5/10

As for Rugby Park, if I was an away fan I definitely wouldn't be a fan of the legroom. I don't think we're the worst away day, but I wouldn't have us being the top destination for away fans either. At least if you're a smoker you can go out and have a smoke if you want to, and there's a good amount of pubs near the ground. 

Sevco stewards goosestepping about the stadium armed with mp40s was my favourite bit of this saga.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sevco stewards goosestepping about the stadium armed with mp40s was my favourite bit of this saga.

Bless, I don't suppose you'd ever know since you've never been to Ibrox in the first place.

On 12/05/2020 at 15:51, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I done the other three leagues and I'm bored out of my mind with chat about dossiers. So let's all slag aff Almondvale.

Hope your fishing, otherwise you've a fucking brass neck on you.

Away Grounds only, Hearts is the best (great view for being behind the goals, and love how enclosed it all is for atmosphere), Celtic worst (for restricted view).

Love Livingston's though, great view, right down next to the pitch with no restricted views. St Mirren's is good too.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

My favorite is Kilmarnock. Proabably because both times I've been have been end of season piss ups and County won.

The worst is Pittodrie. The away end is a dump and it takes forever to walk back to the city centre. County usually lose as well.

Big fan of County's end-of-season fancy dress piss-ups. Big fan. I think I'm right in saying one of those games we were up 1-0 then a kid with bagpipes started playing during the match and it all went downhill for us from there.

3 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

St. Mirren: The new stadium is alright but the away end isn't a patch on the one at Love Street. 

The Caley stand at Love Street had to be one of the very best in Scotland during its brief 17 year life. A gradient that surely wouldn't have passed any H&S checks nowadays and unique in its own way that rather than coming through beneath the stand, you scaled the stairs at the side of it and came in at the very top for a cracking reveal of the ground. 

I watched a Dundee Utd fan literally fall off it one when they scored against us once. I mean technically he fell down the stairs but he barely touched a stair all the way down. He must have been hammered as well as he got up and carried on celebrating in the carnage. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The Caley stand at Love Street had to be one of the very best in Scotland during its brief 17 year life. A gradient that surely wouldn't have passed any H&S checks nowadays and unique in its own way that rather than coming through beneath the stand, you scaled the stairs at the side of it and came in at the very top for a cracking reveal of the ground. 

I watched a Dundee Utd fan literally fall off it one when they scored against us once. I mean technically he fell down the stairs but he barely touched a stair all the way down. He must have been hammered as well as he got up and carried on celebrating in the carnage. 

It was brilliant, first time I went there I must have been about 8 and it was worth the climb, I believe it was the first game at home after you'd been promoted to the SPL when Tom Hendrie was in charge of you, it was definitely in August and it was a cracking day. If they'd taken that stand to the new ground it would have been brilliant. 

The rake of that stand was unreal, probably the steepest I’ve ever seen.

The away end at Love Street was magical. However, the fear you got at the top of the stairs, knowing you'd had a few pints pre-match and had to make your way to your seat, was an interesting feeling! 

1 hour ago, Desp said:

The away end at Love Street was magical. However, the fear you got at the top of the stairs, knowing you'd had a few pints pre-match and had to make your way to your seat, was an interesting feeling! 

There was always a bit of a groundswell of opinion to open it to home fans. Best seat in the house going to away fans etc. I only remember it being open to home fans once, when we beat Raith 3-0 to win the league. 

Also, something that away fans perhaps don't appreciate about it. It generated a fucking ridiculous amount of noise. Even a very modest away support could potentially drown out the noise of the home support. 

I was in it watching a Junior Cup semi. What amazed me was how small it made the other stands look. It felt like you were twice the height if the North Bank.

There was always a bit of a groundswell of opinion to open it to home fans. Best seat in the house going to away fans etc. I only remember it being open to home fans once, when we beat Raith 3-0 to win the league. 
Also, something that away fans perhaps don't appreciate about it. It generated a fucking ridiculous amount of noise. Even a very modest away support could potentially drown out the noise of the home support. 

I look at Love Street and can't help thinking surely st Mirren didn't need to move. I don't think the new ground is an improvement on Love Street at all. For the likes of us in the late 80's a move from Muirton was a pretty straight forward and uncontested decision as Muirton was very run down and hadn't had any development for about 30 years, other than a segregation fence Aberdeen paid for.

But st Mirren had redeveloped every side of their ground to some degree, and it looked decent, and I'm pretty sure it was in a much better location wasn't it?

Was the motivation to move to rid the club of debt?  Was there much opposition to moving at the time, I can't remember much about it?

St Mirren's new ground is far better for home fans. The views from the Main Stand and the West Stand are far than what was available at Love Street, where the choice was pillar in the way, or wet. The facilities are much better as well, such as being able to take a pish without being rained on and wash your hands afterwards. I couldn't really care less about away fans.