Best/Worst League one Stadium

Stadiums  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 13/05/2020 at 03:30, Hank von Hell said:

I'm confused by this.

The question is Best/Worst Stadium and folk are talking about boozers and great away days, surely these are irrelevant.

Best - from an away fan's perspective I think Starks Park

Worst - Stranraer as I've never been to New Bayview.  

I agree - people not answering the question asked

On 13/05/2020 at 06:49, aftershocker said:
On 13/05/2020 at 03:30, Hank von Hell said:
I'm confused by this.
The question is Best/Worst Stadium and folk are talking about boozers and great away days, surely these are irrelevant.
Best - from an away fan's perspective I think Starks Park
Worst - Stranraer as I've never been to New Bayview.  

Starks Park is the worst for me...we always seem to be shoved into the weird corner section on those weird bench things...and you can hardly see the game from there...why on earth don't they open the railway stand...much better view

We've been housed in the railway stand at Starks both times this season.

Can't stand grounds with one, two or three sides.

Views from the stand at Forfar are dreadful - rake is too shallow, blinded by the sun and too many 'well refreshed' spectators from hospitality clearly attending their first ever game. Definitely worst for me.

Peterhead too cold. That leaves only Montrose - if I can’t choose my own ground it’s the best.

I'm amazed that Station Park is rated so highly.  Yes the terracing is good even although the TV camera set up is a bloody nuisance.  But the stand is dreadful.  I sat in it once 2 seasons ago as I had a young relative with me.  The view is hopeless.  I could not see the line in front of the stand and the manky sides to the stand obliterated the corners.  It would have been much worse if there had been people in front of us.  Needless to say I've not returned to the stand.

5 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Can't stand grounds with one, two or three sides.

Views from the stand at Forfar are dreadful - rake is too shallow, blinded by the sun and too many 'well refreshed' spectators from hospitality clearly attending their first ever game. Definitely worst for me.

1 hour ago, MO7S said:

I'm amazed that Station Park is rated so highly.  Yes the terracing is good even although the TV camera set up is a bloody nuisance.  But the stand is dreadful.  I sat in it once 2 seasons ago as I had a young relative with me.  The view is hopeless.  I could not see the line in front of the stand and the manky sides to the stand obliterated the corners.  It would have been much worse if there had been people in front of us.  Needless to say I've not returned to the stand.

Don't sit in the stand.

Easy peasy 

On 16/05/2020 at 21:05, pantene proV said:

Don't sit in the stand.

Easy peasy 

But until you do you don't know how poor it is.

Been at Station Park 3 times this season.  Only on the terracing though.

Stair Park is soul destroying. I'll never be back at Falkirk, but thats more because of arsepiece stewards trying to force Dumbarton fans to sit in the pissing rain at a Boxing day game whilst trying to keep seats that were already under cover nice and dry with added tarpaulin sheeting. Absolute ballbaggery and a good proportion of the travelling support were ready for walking out had the stewards not stopped being bawbags and let folk sit on the dry seats.

Broadwood is also utterly devoid of any soul.

5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Stair Park is soul destroying. I'll never be back at Falkirk, but thats more because of arsepiece stewards trying to force Dumbarton fans to sit in the pissing rain at a Boxing day game whilst trying to keep seats that were already under cover nice and dry with added tarpaulin sheeting. Absolute ballbaggery and a good proportion of the travelling support were ready for walking out had the stewards not stopped being bawbags and let folk sit on the dry seats.

You'd have to be right at the front to get wet in the main stand I think, unless there was a howling gale blowing the rain in? Away fans generally sit toward the back of the front section which should be dry enough.

Completely agree about stewards, however; no need to force folk to sit on wet seats when there are dry ones available, although you could claim equal baw-baggery about stewards at any ground probably?

Why is Stair Park soul destroying? Odd that it has come in for a bit of criticism yet Links Psrk has been top three for a few people. I can’t see a great deal of difference in them. One stand and fairly level viewing round the rest of the ground

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Why is Stair Park soul destroying? Odd that it has come in for a bit of criticism yet Links Psrk has been top three for a few people. I can’t see a great deal of difference in them. One stand and fairly level viewing round the rest of the ground

I really don't like the journey down to Stranraer. The ground at the end of it is just really poor for fans.

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I really don't like the journey down to Stranraer. The ground at the end of it is just really poor for fans.

I love the train down. Some brilliant scenery and an oddly relaxing ride. Usually very enjoyable.

I like Stranraer too. Nice wee town. The Stranraer social club is smart and does a good pint. The Pub is a quality pub too. Stair Park is ok.

Got the bus down a couple of times. Once was a nightmare, with endless twisty roads through tiny wee villages. The other time was ok but that's because everyone was absolutely pished and at a lay by (the one you can see Ailsa Craig from) a Celtic supporter bus, not long off the ferry, was there and got some comical abuse, with them all seething and giving the big 'come ahead' but not actually doing anything.

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I love the train down. Some brilliant scenery and an oddly relaxing ride. Usually very enjoyable.

I like Stranraer too. Nice wee town. The Stranraer social club is smart and does a good pint. The Pub is a quality pub too. Stair Park is ok.

Got the bus down a couple of times. Once was a nightmare, with endless twisty roads through tiny wee villages. The other time was ok but that's because everyone was absolutely pished and at a lay by (the one you can see Ailsa Craig from) a Celtic supporter bus, not long off the ferry, was there and got some comical abuse, with them all seething and giving the big 'come ahead' but not actually doing anything.

I have never had any hatred for Dunfermline fans, or Fifers in general for that matter, (seriously) however, you've just gone up massively in my estimation!