Best/Worst League one Stadium

Stadiums  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Station Park is probably the best. Decent ground with good views at the side of the pitch and behind the goals.

Worst has to be Bayview. A poor single stand effort. Dumbarton have the same but in much nicer surroundings.

Tough call. All of the modern stadiums are generally quite good places to watch a game of football in, but usually lack atmosphere/character. 

The refurb Broadwood got last summer has certainly left it looking the part. New pitch, seats, scoreboard, dugout etc. It’s been interesting watching old footage from the title winning season in 2000 and seeing how much it has changed. I’d say Falkirk is probably the only one that comes close to it in terms of facilities. 

If you bring atmosphere, proximity to decent pubs, etc into the equation then Broadwood, and indeed most other grounds in the league,  is notoriously shite. I would only really say Forfar, Montrose and Stranraer tick all the boxes in terms of really decent away days. I haven’t done Peterhead since 2012 so can’t really comment on how good it is for a piss up,  but would imagine it would score quite highly. 

Dumbarton is probably my favourite out of the more local ones. Not too far from Glasgow, but enough time for a couple of cans on the train. Decent view of the game, train station & pub 5 minutes walk away, and back into Glasgow for a reasonable time to carry on the rest of your night. 

Edited by ScottR96

All the modern grounds are good for watching the games. Generally you get a good view, good facilities etc. My opinion of them generally depends on where away fans are sat. I don't like being behind the goals but that's probably because I'm just used to being along the side. So for that, I prefer going to Broomfield, Broadwood, the rock than Stark's Park and TFS.

I do enjoy going to station park but it would be great to have steeper terracing along the side.

Stair Park definitely lost something when they put plastic seats over the benches in the away section. Absolutely maniac level decision making from them. It was the one wee edge a trip to stranraer had considering it's miles away from everywhere. A great wee shed to generate a bit of atmosphere in. Now it's just the same as everywhere else.

. Montrose or Forfar has to be my favourites. Montrose especially is a fantastic day out and a great wee ground. 

My least favourite is East Fife. Bland and even when full it generates next to zero atmosphere from the other end. 

Peterhead a cracking stadium with a good grass pitch friendly locals and a good social club.. Not a lover of Airdrieonians stadium and the plastic pitch not great. The last game I was at was station park East Fife have a good record there and I love the old fashioned surroundings but the ball takes some bounces of that plastic pitch. 

Stair Park definitely lost something when they put plastic seats over the benches in the away section. Absolutely maniac level decision making from them. It was the one wee edge a trip to stranraer had considering it's miles away from everywhere. A great wee shed to generate a bit of atmosphere in. Now it's just the same as everywhere else.

No one at Stranraer would disagree about the Coo Shed except perhaps to go back even further to the good old standing days in there.
Sadly D&G Council and their intrepid Health and Safety guys condemned the benches. It was change them for individual seats or close it. A sad day indeed.

52 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

No one at Stranraer would disagree about the Coo Shed except perhaps to go back even further to the good old standing days in there.
Sadly D&G Council and their intrepid Health and Safety guys condemned the benches. It was change them for individual seats or close it. A sad day indeed.

Fucking hell. That's ridiculous.

I was gutted the first time I came down and found seats in there. 

Best Stadium - Falkirk. 

Worst Stadium - Bayview, sadly. Uncomfortable seats, zero atmosphere and your feet freeze to death after 5 minutes. But I'm kind of used to it going every other week, so the stadium I dread going to the most has to be Excelsior. Overpriced and you can only sit in the ridiculously tiny section in the far corner of the stadium. 

Best Ground - Without a doubt, Station Park or Links Park. Proper football grounds. 

Worst Ground - Bayview or Excelsior. 

Forfar is a cracking wee ground and plenty of boozers nearby. No contest! 

I do like Balmoor as well, fucking brilliant grass pitch there and a decent wee boozer in the ground, just a shame the town is full of **** which I just cannot understand how considering its 3 1/2 hours away from Glasgow (in a car) and they probably have the cheek to call us weegies as well. Grounds that have fans right round the pitch wins it for me. All this all in one stand efforts like airdrie, East Fife, Dumbarton, ourselves I just don't like, leads to no atmosphere. 

Albeit I haven't been this season and I notice we were in the railway end which helps but I always hated Starks Park. 2 huge stands behind the goals with that daft pokey effort on the corner and the wee railway end.

Falkirks a decent stadium but like Broadwood it's far too open. St Mirren got it right with their wee stadium. 

I'm confused by this.

The question is Best/Worst Stadium and folk are talking about boozers and great away days, surely these are irrelevant.

Best - from an away fan's perspective I think Starks Park

Worst - Stranraer as I've never been to New Bayview.  

I'm confused by this.
The question is Best/Worst Stadium and folk are talking about boozers and great away days, surely these are irrelevant.
Best - from an away fan's perspective I think Starks Park
Worst - Stranraer as I've never been to New Bayview.  

Starks Park is the worst for me...we always seem to be shoved into the weird corner section on those weird bench things...and you can hardly see the game from there...why on earth don't they open the railway stand...much better view