Best/Worst League 2 Stadium

Best/Worst Ground  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Feel most fans at this level are generally friendly. I just find it a pretty middle of the road place to go in terms of an away game. It's not the worst, but surprised it's topping a lot of lists.

I agree. It asked for the best and to be honest I enjoy visiting most of the league 2 grounds.

We played them one remembrance weekend, monklands derby, big match, big atmosphere

They had a massive union jack with last not forget and the big poppy on it

Half hour into the game they were all doing nazi salutes round it, they didnt understand what they were doing wrong

The vast majority of them are horrible, none of this it's only a small percentage nonsence

Would have to go with Forthbank as being the best. As modern grounds go its an ideal size for a lower league club capacity wise for those who like standing its a shame that they don't use any of the terracing but it will be down to costs along with the away stand being closed most of the time.

Put down Meadowbank as the worst although its now gone anyway. It was in a decent enough location not too far from the city centre but the stand was just too distant from the action.

The stock car fence at Central Park fucks up the viewing it was much better without it. I can remember back to when I was young and the stockies wern't so intrusive with the bottom half of the terrace still there and no fence, the race track also wasn't so wide and the pitch was wider (beware Berwick fans with the speedway track getting widened).

Next worse view is Albion Rovers. Its a place I like going to but its not the best for viewing. The stand which is uncomfortable for anyone over 6 feet with the leg room seems to have an endless clutter of pillars to get in your way, and it got worse when more were added with the front cover getting built. The terrace in front is also a bit shallow with a pillar problem to a lesser degree.

I used to be a fan of standing on the far side at Cliftonhill back in the day best view in the ground. Never tried the new terracing at the Coatdyke end but in general not a fan of standing behind a goal.

Others

Annan - decent enough stand and the covered home end looks ok, they have done a lot since the non league days.

Brechin - Good old school ground with decent views although the big stand behind the goal looks out of place with the rest of the ground.

Cove - Never managed to get to our 2 games there due to various things. Looks like a work in progress and I imagine as they move up the leagues they will add to the main stand and put something behind the goals. Probably a sensible way of doing it.

Edinburgh City - Not as good a location as Meadowbank. It would be better if Spartans ever put proper terrace on the grass bankings. Its probably better going to a Spartans game there as you can stand on the banking and get into the upstairs bar.

Elgin - Another classic old school ground with a decent enclosure down the terrace, stands a bit wee but that's about it.

QP - No doubt about the facilities being in the South Stand which imo was the only decent bit about the rebuilt hampden. Views distance with a tar track between the stand and the pitch (If the SFA need the cash the could run stock cars there😀). Lesser could end up better for watching QP games in the future depending on how it turns out.

Stenhousemuir - Another decent seated stand with good views and plenty of leg room. The enclosure behind the goal looks good but the terrace suffers from being too shallow.

Cliftonhill and Central Park are easy targets and rightfully so, however I don’t get the love in with Forthbank. Modern lego built all seater stadia plonked at the edge of a Retail park are as soulless as get out.

At least at Cliftonhill there is some semblance of an atmosphere. The far side terracing being shut is a down point as the terracing in front of the stand is fairly shallow and the view gets restricted by the odd column and the spitfire aircabin cover over the tunnel. But as both sets of fans are brought together it makes up for the exchange of banter. Let’s face everyone moans when the get beat and Cliftonhill but there is no better place for a victory.