Best/Worst League 2 Stadium

Best/Worst Ground  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I have to say I also miss Shielfield. The only thing wrong with it was no proper pie stall, just a chip van.

Shielfield lost something when they took the segregation fence down at The Ducket. Used to be better for a bit of back and forth. Still a great day out and one I wouldn't be disappointed to pull out in the Scottish Cup. 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

The chip van was great. I also miss the trips to Berwick.

Agreed. The ability to get a sausage supper in a football stadium was both excellent and unique. 

Annan, Cove and Edinburgh are easily the most soul destroying modern venues. Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers will be finished when their grounds fail a safety certificate.
Hampden is bearable with the social club at lesser. Hope they build a decent ground there at lesser and not some Annan, Cove, Spartans flat surface with no decent view.
Brechin is fine if the pitch is playable. The hedge is a non-event for me. They’ve got a hedge, who gives a flying f**k?
Elgin is only spoiled by the journey there. Decent day out. Had some classics days out in fact. Decent view and plenty of cover and a wee drinky at half-time.
Stenhousemuir. Terrible view behind the goals. Always ruins it for me.

[As modern stadiums go, Forthbank is pretty good but we need to get both stands open for atmosphere and that will only happen when the team starts playing watchable football. Our home form has been dreadful compared to the away form. ]

On 13/05/2020 at 00:21, tamthebam said:

It reminds me of the folk who used to moan about Meadowbank Stadium. Usually after Meadowbank Thistle had beaten them. 

I used to love meadowbank stadium as a kid because it had that big scoreboard. 
Glebe park is also good, have only ever sat behind the goals, but a nice wee stand and it has that unique feature of the hedge running along it. 

Central Park is the  Real Kashmir Of Scottish Football. Everyone hates us but we don’t care.

In the style of David  Robertson you can all f**k off ya bunch of big nosed c***s. Fuckin wankers the lot of you. You get f**k all at Central Park except fucking pneumonia ya bunch of fuckin c***s. 

btw, Ainslie Park is Shit to watch football and the Gestapo stewards don't help.

On 13/05/2020 at 00:45, C. Muir said:

Best - Stirling. Usually take enough of an away support to open the other stand, decent atmosphere and good view of the game.  Annan worth a mention too for the day out if anything but will try and keep that out it since it's "best place to watch football". From what I remember the view from the big stand behind the goal at Brechin was pretty good if you sat near the top. Only been once and it was 11 years ago.

Worst - Cowdenbeath. Miles away from the pitch. Fencing up as if it's a cauldron of a Serie A ground. Albion Rovers was a close second but with the new terracing behind the goal at a raised level it might be a bit less sufferable than that stand or being right on the touchline along the railings. Agree on earlier post about Ainsley Park being a terrible place to watch football too. Haven't been to Old Meadowbank, Balmoral or Borough Briggs. Rest are meh. Lesser Hampden and New Meadowbank should be better than both teams current offerings (not seen any New Meadowbank blueprints yet). 

That's so weird. The last time I was  there i thought "mmm this reminds me a bit of the San Siro".

10 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Annan, Cove and Edinburgh are easily the most soul destroying modern venues. 

I enjoyed Annan until they stopped having a proper away end and the stewards become utter p***ks. Behind the goals is slightly raised, so I don't find the view terrible. 

Last time, they stuck us down the far end next to the stand and cordoned off behind the goals. Dreadful view. They used to also have the pie stall and toilets open down that end. Now you have to walk 150 yards for a pie or a piss. 

Just always get the impression that the stewards are desperate to chuck someone out. You could have most League Two games without stewards and they'd go off without incident. These guys have been the ones who've caused the problems the past few times. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I enjoyed Annan until they stopped having a proper away end and the stewards become utter p***ks. Behind the goals is slightly raised, so I don't find the view terrible. 

Last time, they stuck us down the far end next to the stand and cordoned off behind the goals. Dreadful view. They used to also have the pie stall and toilets open down that end. Now you have to walk 150 yards for a pie or a piss. 

Just always get the impression that the stewards are desperate to chuck someone out. You could have most League Two games without stewards and they'd go off without incident. These guys have been the ones who've caused the problems the past few times. 

I've never had a problem with the stewards at Annan. In fact I don't remember seeing many stewards at Annan v City games. 

Mind you Edinburgh City don't have much of a travelling support and don't tend to be naughty, unlike you Spiders yahoos... :lol:

It was Von Hindenburg at Stenny who used to put me off Ochilview. He bullied a 10 year old girl for putting her feet on the back of an unoccupied seat while ignoring a hospitality party swigging from glass bottles of Buckie at the back of the stand during one match. 

1 hour ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

That's so weird. The last time I was  there i thought "mmm this reminds me a bit of the San Siro".

seeing as the San Siro is about to be demolished and turned into a building site you'd be right! :lol:

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I've never had a problem with the stewards at Annan. In fact I don't remember seeing many stewards at Annan v City games. 

Mind you Edinburgh City don't have much of a travelling support and don't tend to be naughty, unlike you Spiders yahoos... :lol:

It was Von Hindenburg at Stenny who used to put me off Ochilview. He bullied a 10 year old girl for putting her feet on the back of an unoccupied seat while ignoring a hospitality party swigging from glass bottles of Buckie at the back of the stand during one match. 

I don't understand how they haven't realised that being reasonable will generally work if they want fans do to something.

The best example of stewarding I've ever seen, at an unnamed lower league ground, was when an enthusiastic QP fan encroaching onto the field of play after a goal, nearing half-time. Saw the steward coming over and thought "here we go" and was surprised when the guy advised to go in for a drink at half-time, calm down and not do it again. If I remember correctly, we all ended up in a bar that we previously knew nothing about! I don't name the club because I don't want them being rumbled! 

Even although it's funny, those wee impressions of a club stay with you. Nobody was in danger, there was no aggression or intent on causing trouble. The steward defused any potential argument with a nice manner and a bit of humour. At Annan, he'd have been out on his arse with about three yellow jackets round him. 

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

That's a bit silly of you.

You're right. It was silly of me. I'm sorry. I haven't been to  them all but Brechin is lovely in every way. Stirling has nice views when the football is shite. Cowdenbeath, good fun for the sheer WTFness and The New Goth. Always enjoyed Meadowbank and Ochilview for the authentic Eastern Bloc 1974 vibes. Must try and make it to Elgin some time.

Everywhere except Cove and Ainslie Park are fine. Walking through the retail park to Balmoral sucks the life of you and Ainslie Park is a glorified school park with a shite view, albeit the staff make a good effort at making up for it.

The stewarding at Annan was shocking the last time we were there though. Over the top nonsense for about 300 people.

Elgin's the business. 

2 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

Quite the opposite 

Strathspey would be a glorious cup draw. Bus leaving at the same time as for Elgin, but just spending more time in that boozer. 

I don't get the big love for Stirling. It's alright, but it's ultimately an all seater stadium (for league games, because the terracing is never open) in the middle of a retail park. Good distance away from the centre as well. Just a smaller Airdrie or Broadwood imo. 

27 minutes ago, an86 said:

I don't get the big love for Stirling. It's alright, but it's ultimately an all seater stadium (for league games, because the terracing is never open) in the middle of a retail park. Good distance away from the centre as well. Just a smaller Airdrie or Broadwood imo. 

I find their fans to be friendly as are the staff. The food is good as well.

14 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I find their fans to be friendly as are the staff. The food is good as well.

Feel most fans at this level are generally friendly. I just find it a pretty middle of the road place to go in terms of an away game. It's not the worst, but surprised it's topping a lot of lists.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Smaller but with the advantage over Broadwood or the Excelsior in that there are no Clyde or Airdrie fans there...