Furlough Extended

fatshaft

All I can say is wow! Great for those who are furloughed, through to end of October, but with an employer contribution from August.

Is it a sign that they now realise how utterly fucked we are though? :(

They've effectively given employers the power to tell people to get back to work. The one's who refuse to go back to work (for their own safety) won't be allowed to remain on the Furlough scheme.

Watch this space. Things are about to get explosive.

My employer's taken that as an indicator that it's time to get back to work. Until everyone else in the high street is back and the crowds have returned, we won't make enough money to cover wages, never mind anything else. Hopefully somebody with a bit of sense will work this out, but I'm not convinced; I can see us taking shit from the highers-up for not making them enough money.

I'm getting grumpy enough that I can see me getting the bullet for pointing out their stupidity after a few weeks. f**k it.

46 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

My employer's taken that as an indicator that it's time to get back to work. Until everyone else in the high street is back and the crowds have returned, we won't make enough money to cover wages, never mind anything else. Hopefully somebody with a bit of sense will work this out, but I'm not convinced; I can see us taking shit from the highers-up for not making them enough money.

I'm getting grumpy enough that I can see me getting the bullet for pointing out their stupidity after a few weeks. f**k it.

Take the bullet.

Anyone who is furloughed for months while their work is open probably won't be going back. 

7.5 million are on furlough and no one has any idea how many will end up unemployed. If people don't start spending when lockdown ends then economy will go properly tits up.