PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Thanks.

There doesn't seem to be a massive amount of options at the moment for PS5 specific new releases. I take it there's quite a lot on the horizon.

I remember when the PS4 came out there was loads of choice

Yeah I've been a bit surprised at how sparse the next gen exclusives have been. Second the spiderman recommendation. That's a good wee game to get you appreciating the slight changes. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, SANTAN said:
I'd recommend Resident Evil Village for starters. 
What sort of games are you into? I really enjoyed playing AC Valhalla and was awestruck at the nice graphics but not really a game everyone would like. 
Astros playroom is essential, it's free but is a brilliant wee introduction type game for the new controller. 

When does Valhalla get going? Couple of hours in and still finding my feet. I'm still on the original island though just gathering gold and materials (not sure if this is worth doing?) until I get hold of the controls.

Ahaha that's a good question! I had just got off the back of watching Vikings so I was fully ready for the game and everything about it so I actually 100% every collectable and gold on the starter island but you don't really need to, the main storyline deffo opens up after you go to England. That's when I had the most fun and I'd imagine most folk would get sucked in. 

When does Valhalla get going? Couple of hours in and still finding my feet. I'm still on the original island though just gathering gold and materials (not sure if this is worth doing?) until I get hold of the controls.

Probably like hour 20 of 100

7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

PS5 owners can get 6 months Apple tv for free. Just download the Apple tv app on console and create account/sign in

Is there anything at all worth watching on there? 

4 hours ago, SANTAN said:

Is there anything at all worth watching on there? 

Ted Lasso is the only reason I went for the 6 months free. Well worth a watch.

Just remember to cancel auto renew as Apple are the devil and giving them money is stupid.

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2021 at 07:35, Oystercatcher said:

I went into my local game store yesterday, big sign up, "Ask us about our PS5 deals" so I did.

They still don't have any in stock and don't know when they are coming in, i was told to check twitter, My answer of, I don't have twitter was met with a blank look.

Game had stock online yesterday and it sold out in no time at all, Argos had it on Tuesday, but only in certain postcode areas

*edit, Very had a shitload of them too at the start of the week, everywhere is rightly one per customers, but like big concert tickets folk seem to be able to buy more than one, ebay is awash with people taking the piss.

Edited by Meldrew

PS5 has had a system update which, as far as I can see, has added a little icon detailing if a game is native PS5 or PS4. It's also wiped a load of my game updates and attempted to download non-upgraded versions of games I have. This console is a bit of a shambles.

23 hours ago, NotThePars said:

PS5 has had a system update which, as far as I can see, has added a little icon detailing if a game is native PS5 or PS4. It's also wiped a load of my game updates and attempted to download non-upgraded versions of games I have. This console is a bit of a shambles.

Yeah it was a very odd update. Noticed mine had downloaded a load of PS4 versions of PS5 games I own too. 

However I've just got Deathloop installed so lets see how that is. 

Yeah it was a very odd update. Noticed mine had downloaded a load of PS4 versions of PS5 games I own too. 
However I've just got Deathloop installed so lets see how that is. 

Let me know how you find it that’s a game I’m definitely thinking about purchasing.

On 16/09/2021 at 08:14, Meldrew said:

Game had stock online yesterday and it sold out in no time at all, Argos had it on Tuesday, but only in certain postcode areas

*edit, Very had a shitload of them too at the start of the week, everywhere is rightly one per customers, but like big concert tickets folk seem to be able to buy more than one, ebay is awash with people taking the piss.

I think the staff have first dibs and their mates are benefiting

• 4 weeks later...

Finished Deathloop last night. It's a good game but definitely took a bit of time to get used to. If you pick it up try and just pick a visionary lead and follow it until it's completed before moving on to the next one. I was jumping about too much to begin with and wondering what the f**k was going on. 

Solid 7/10 overall I'd say. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

If anyone still wants/needs either console, set up push notifications from this site, got my ps5 from Very last week, but there has been almost daily drops of ps5's across different places, 

The notifications are quick to land and take you direct to the page thats selling what console you are looking for

The Series X briefly showed as being available for collection at Inverness Argos on Monday, but is now showing as unavailable again. Forza Horizon 5 still plays great on my One X, so I'm happy to hang fire until the Series X is more easily available.

It's remarkable that the best time to grab either console from what I can see was early December of last year. That was the only time I could recall that you could join the queues after they opened and still snag a console.

My PS5 has gotten better performance wise after a ropey start with failing to work on older TVs and frequently crashing but it's been fine since the new updates came through. The Xbox has been broadly fine as well although there is clearly an issue with the disc drive refusing to read discs unless the console is power cycled.