PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye. I read something earlier that Sony are concerned they will still be struggling into 2022.
Fucking hell. I'm not bothered about getting one right now but thought I'd be fine in autumn.
Unless you’re massively bothered about Sony exclusives get an Xbox it’s the better console. They’re practically giving away months of Game Pass anaw.
The exclusives were pretty good though.

I'm also pretty sure my PS4 is about to die soon and want to have the option to play some of my games again.

16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Fucking hell. I'm not bothered about getting one right now but thought I'd be fine in autumn. The exclusives were pretty good though.

I'm also pretty sure my PS4 is about to die soon and want to have the option to play some of my games again.

And the controller is actually a joy in certain games where they've utilised the new functions. 

The exclusives were pretty good though.

Aye fair dos. If someone isn’t fussed about them then I would defs recommend going for the other box as the Game Pass is class, the console is generally more available, the UI is much, much better and apparently according to some tech talk it might actually be a more powerful console. Oh, and my Xbox hasn’t crashed yet in 5 months whereas I’ve had 5-6 already on the PS5 since April lol.

And the controller is actually a joy in certain games where they've utilised the new functions. 

The controller is class tbf. Hope more games get more out of that. The little snippets in Miles were cool enough. Got to imagine the big games like Horizon will go tonto with it. I think the actual Xbox pad is laid out better but stuff like the internal speaker and haptic feedback stuff is cool. Still not a fan of the wean creating out the pad in Death Stranding tho...

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye fair dos. If someone isn’t fussed about them then I would defs recommend going for the other box as the Game Pass is class, the console is generally more available, the UI is much, much better and apparently according to some tech talk it might actually be a more powerful console. Oh, and my Xbox hasn’t crashed yet in 5 months whereas I’ve had 5-6 already on the PS5 since April lol.

The controller is class tbf. Hope more games get more out of that. The little snippets in Miles were cool enough. Got to imagine the big games like Horizon will go tonto with it. I think the actual Xbox pad is laid out better but stuff like the internal speaker and haptic feedback stuff is cool. Still not a fan of the wean creating out the pad in Death Stranding tho...

Aye I think I've asked before but have you played Astros Playroom yet? That's a superb wee game to show it off. Aye considering I played Valhalla so much I was a bit disapointed it didn't really do anything on there but I'm keen to see what some of the newer games will do. 

I had no idea about the DS reference so had to google it... wtf 😂 that would definitely be enough for me to permanently disable the function. It was bad enough on GTA getting the phone calls through it, not a fan of the mic on the controller tbh, what's the point, now when I'm playing fifa online I can hear randoms that have background noise and screaming children etc.. coming from my pad and even if I wanted to use it you'd need to have your tv muted to make out what's being said over the sound of whatever game you're playing.

Edited by Stormzy

Aye I think I've asked before but have you played Astros Playroom yet? That's a superb wee game to show it off. Aye considering I played Valhalla so much I was a bit disapointed it didn't really do anything on there but I'm keen to see what some of the newer games will do. 
I had no idea about the DS reference so had to google it... wtf [emoji23] that would definitely be enough for me to permanently disable the function. It was bad enough on GTA getting the phone calls through it, not a fan of the mic on the controller tbh, what's the point, now when I'm playing fifa online I can hear randoms that have background noise and screaming children etc.. coming from my pad and even if I wanted to use it you'd need to have your tv muted to make out what's being said over the sound of whatever game you're playing.

Nah I still need to play it. I’ve no idea why I haven’t as it’s installed as well. Maybe I’m hanging off until I’m on a decent TV again. It seems like a bit of a pain to switch off the mic functions on some games but I’m a fan of it so far.

52 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Nah I still need to play it. I’ve no idea why I haven’t as it’s installed as well. Maybe I’m hanging off until I’m on a decent TV again. It seems like a bit of a pain to switch off the mic functions on some games but I’m a fan of it so far.

Aye you should give it a shot asap, everything about is is brilliant, the colours and the music are just pure feel good joy. 

What are you a fan of though? Do you use it to speak to people or is their in game usage? 

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Aye you should give it a shot asap, everything about is is brilliant, the colours and the music are just pure feel good joy. 

What are you a fan of though? Do you use it to speak to people or is their in game usage? 

Just for single player. Xbox is my multiplayer console.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Just for single player. Xbox is my multiplayer console.

Have you played any games that actually use the mic? 

I'm just intrigued as to any positive benefits of it? 

15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Have you played any games that actually use the mic? 

I'm just intrigued as to any positive benefits of it? 

Aw nah I haven't unless you mean the mini-speaker. I think the DS back in the day could have do shit like blow into it on Wario Ware.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Aw nah I haven't unless you mean the mini-speaker. I think the DS back in the day could have do shit like blow into it on Wario Ware.

Nah, for clarity I meant the mic, the speaker is nifty but the mic is pointless so far as I can see. 

• 3 weeks later...

Game are doing some pretty decent prices for a Series X if you trade in an old console.

I've half considered trading in my One X for a Series X, but I still have a lot of backwards compatible 360 games on disc I'd like to play.

https://images.hotukdeals.com/threads/full_screen/F076y/3733325.jpg

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

Game are doing some pretty decent prices for a Series X if you trade in an old console.
I've half considered trading in my One X for a Series X, but I still have a lot of backwards compatible 360 games on disc I'd like to play.
3733325.jpg&key=5537d219c802d93ef2d7fb0f6f4ffca082c7d37ee66943bf5b3535826b26eefa
Check online to be sure it plays the games you have but series x is backward compatible with a huge amount of 360 games

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Not sure if it's changed or you just havent realised but thats got the Series S, not Series X.

5 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:
7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
3733325.jpg&key=5537d219c802d93ef2d7fb0f6f4ffca082c7d37ee66943bf5b3535826b26eefa

Check online to be sure it plays the games you have but series x is backward compatible with a huge amount of 360 games

3 hours ago, #Gary said:

Not sure if it's changed or you just havent realised but thats got the Series S, not Series X.

Aye, my bad. I meant to put Series S instead of Series X.

I'll blame Microsoft's stupid naming conventions, rather than my own stupidity.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Aye, my bad. I meant to put Series S instead of Series X.

I'll blame Microsoft's stupid naming conventions, rather than my own stupidity.

Aye, shite names. Just making sure you didn't think you were getting a Series X only to end up disappointed when you get to Game.

I've been looking at the Series S tbf as I'm primarily a PS5 gamer but interested in the Halo and Gears series which will presumably be on the new generation when they eventually come out. Not worth buying the Series X for a couple of games though and I'm not liked a Bethesda games since Oblivion tbh so that doesn't sway me either.

My biggest issue and annoyance is that my One X is probably a more powerful console than the Series S! 

19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

18 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:
19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Aye everything you can play on One X is available on the Series as well. I've been playing the FFXIII trilogy on Series X with no hassle.

10 hours ago, #Gary said:

Aye, shite names. Just making sure you didn't think you were getting a Series X only to end up disappointed when you get to Game.

I've been looking at the Series S tbf as I'm primarily a PS5 gamer but interested in the Halo and Gears series which will presumably be on the new generation when they eventually come out. Not worth buying the Series X for a couple of games though and I'm not liked a Bethesda games since Oblivion tbh so that doesn't sway me either.

My biggest issue and annoyance is that my One X is probably a more powerful console than the Series S! 

I think Micro said everything will be available on both gens for the first two years of the Series life cycle so you'll probably be able to play Infinite for the cost of a Game Pass Ultimate sub. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Aye everything you can play on One X is available on the Series as well. I've been playing the FFXIII trilogy on Series X with no hassle.

I think Micro said everything will be available on both gens for the first two years of the Series life cycle so you'll probably be able to play Infinite for the cost of a Game Pass Ultimate sub. 

I'll need to have a check up on that. I thought after the initial delay to Halo it was said that they might not have been able to bring it to the older gen consoles. Might have been just rumour at the time right enough.