PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The new PS+ tiers came out today in the UK - closest PS will ever get to Xbox Gamepass.

I had PS Now already so I've been upgraded to the premium tier for now but if I was starting from nothing I'd probably be going for the middle tier - streaming (PS3) games is just not a pleasant experience and the selection of classic PS1, PSP and PS2 games isn't great tbh. It appeals for a little while but notion quickly wears off.

Getting AAA titles like Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and the Demons Souls remake today at no extra cost to me feels rather good though. 

I upgraded PS+ yesterday.  Had a quick look through the games they're offering and a decent wee selection of ones I'd have no interest buying but will probably put a fair bit of time into given they're free.  Annoying part is that a whole load of the more premium ones I already have.  Everyone raves about Ghost of Tsushima though, so will give that a go.  Few wee shitey Pixar games the wee one might like.  

Most excited to going back to Bulletstorm though.  I remember absolutely loving that when it was out a while back as a proper thick as mince Serious Sam style shooter.

7 hours ago, forameus said:

I upgraded PS+ yesterday.  Had a quick look through the games they're offering and a decent wee selection of ones I'd have no interest buying but will probably put a fair bit of time into given they're free.  Annoying part is that a whole load of the more premium ones I already have.  Everyone raves about Ghost of Tsushima though, so will give that a go.  Few wee shitey Pixar games the wee one might like.  

Most excited to going back to Bulletstorm though.  I remember absolutely loving that when it was out a while back as a proper thick as mince Serious Sam style shooter.

I played Bulletstorm at the start of the year and wrote it up here. It's a bit rubbish and a bit stupid but the core gameplay remains satisfying

On 24/06/2022 at 16:56, Miguel Sanchez said:

I played Bulletstorm at the start of the year and wrote it up here. It's a bit rubbish and a bit stupid but the core gameplay remains satisfying

Yeah, going back to it it's definitely dated (both in terms of game and in some of the content, although that's intentional).  The core mechanics are still pretty satisfying though.  Won't win any game of the year awards, but as something to just put on and f**k about with, it's still great.

Fair whack of titles to work through with Plus, shouldn't have to pay money for a game for a while now.  Hopefully they keep adding to it too.

Only just got my PS5 recently so thought it was worth getting a year of premium to catch up on some of the games I've missed rather than paying for them all individually. Downloaded Miles Morales, Ghosts of Tsushima and Control so far. Probably try Mafia 2 and one of the Lego games for something different.

Heard good things about Returnal and Demon Souls but they don't look like my kind of games. Death Stranding looks really dull from what I've seen but as it's a Kojima game I'm sure I'll give it a goat some point.

Seems like a good deal with a decent amount of content. Not sure if I'll keep it after a year though. It'll probably depend how quickly Sony move some of their first party games onto the service after release.

On 01/07/2022 at 00:34, Rodhull said:

Only just got my PS5 recently so thought it was worth getting a year of premium to catch up on some of the games I've missed rather than paying for them all individually. Downloaded Miles Morales, Ghosts of Tsushima and Control so far. Probably try Mafia 2 and one of the Lego games for something different.

Heard good things about Returnal and Demon Souls but they don't look like my kind of games. Death Stranding looks really dull from what I've seen but as it's a Kojima game I'm sure I'll give it a goat some point.

Seems like a good deal with a decent amount of content. Not sure if I'll keep it after a year though. It'll probably depend how quickly Sony move some of their first party games onto the service after release.

Im gonna keep on the normal service and just upgrade month to month if needed for decent games appear

56 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Im gonna keep on the normal service and just upgrade month to month if needed for decent games appear

Yeah at least the essential tiers monthly games have been miles better recently than what Microsoft offers via games with gold.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bit of a bump im thinking about getting a PS5. Would have been a foregone conclusion when the new GTA came out anyway. Is there any update some time down the line about PS5 v XBox? I've had all the playstations so far always been a Sony guy but im miles out the loop with games etc

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bit of a bump im thinking about getting a PS5. Would have been a foregone conclusion when the new GTA came out anyway. Is there any update some time down the line about PS5 v XBox? I've had all the playstations so far always been a Sony guy but im miles out the loop with games etc

PlayStation 5 has been smashing Xbox in terms of sales. Microsoft have recently purchased Activision though so will no doubt produce some top tier FPS games down the line if that's your thing. Sony has Naughty Dog though so if Last of Us style games are your thing then that's the one to go for. 

I mean, if you've been PlayStation all your days then I'd see no massive reason to change right now similarly with the other way about.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

PlayStation 5 has been smashing Xbox in terms of sales. Microsoft have recently purchased Activision though so will no doubt produce some top tier FPS games down the line if that's your thing. Sony has Naughty Dog though so if Last of Us style games are your thing then that's the one to go for. 

I mean, if you've been PlayStation all your days then I'd see no massive reason to change right now similarly with the other way about.

Cheers 👍