PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 17/11/2021 at 14:05, placidcasual said:

I've got an invite to purchase a ps5 from Sony Direct on Friday. Am I likely to pick one up or is it going to be a case of hundreds of thousands going for a couple of hundred consoles?

Managed to order a PS5 digital version. It's probably going to be a bit of a waste right now, there's no games that I'm desperate to play but I'm definitely looking forward to losing the noise from the fan on my PS4. It sounds like a jet engine taking off sometimes.

Is it easy enough to transfer saved games over from ps4 to ps5? Anything that I should really try? I fancied Cyberpunk when it came out but it seemed like it would be a waste of time on PS4, does it play ok on next gen? I've also got an old original VR headset, might dust it down and see what it's like on the new console.

7 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Managed to order a PS5 digital version. It's probably going to be a bit of a waste right now, there's no games that I'm desperate to play but I'm definitely looking forward to losing the noise from the fan on my PS4. It sounds like a jet engine taking off sometimes.

Is it easy enough to transfer saved games over from ps4 to ps5? Anything that I should really try? I fancied Cyberpunk when it came out but it seemed like it would be a waste of time on PS4, does it play ok on next gen? I've also got an old original VR headset, might dust it down and see what it's like on the new console.

You need a special dongle to use the VR headset on the PS5. I got my one free from Sony last year, but I have no idea if they are still doing them.

11 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Its a piece of piss transfering stuff from the 4 to the 5, it does it on ps5 setup and walks you through it step by step 

If you can have both consoles next to each other and linked via ethernet cable then it's flying 

23 hours ago, placidcasual said:

If you're a PS+ subscriber you can save all your saved games into the cloud, and then redownload them all on to the ps5.  that's what I did.

Miles Morales is class but very short. Worth buying the Ultimate Edition if you can as you’ll get the 2018 Spider-Man fully remastered which also looks amazing in 4k.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x
https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console
If anyone still wants/needs either console, set up push notifications from this site, got my ps5 from Very last week, but there has been almost daily drops of ps5's across different places, 
The notifications are quick to land and take you direct to the page thats selling what console you are looking for

Joined that. Been a few links already.

Bit bizarre just there. I'm in the PS Store queue and the wait time got down to 5 minutes then went to 20 minutes and is now "more than an hour" [emoji38]

I'm really not in any rush for one but if I get one I'll be happy enough. If I was desperate for one I think that would have sent me into a fit of rage mind you.

Ps5 turned up on Saturday. Was a doddle to set it up. Went a bit mental with the black Friday sale, bought Deathloop, Madden and Cyberpunk. Really enjoying Cyberpunk, not sure what the consensus on it now is as opposed to when it was released but plays fine, looks amazing and really liking the story so far. Reminds me a bit of an old Philips cdi game from about 30 years ago called Burn Cycle.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Joined that. Been a few links already.

Bit bizarre just there. I'm in the PS Store queue and the wait time got down to 5 minutes then went to 20 minutes and is now "more than an hour" emoji38.png

I'm really not in any rush for one but if I get one I'll be happy enough. If I was desperate for one I think that would have sent me into a fit of rage mind you.

Aye recently its been playstation direct, no doubt a lot of retails dropped their black friday sales and now keeping stuff for xmas rush

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x
https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console
If anyone still wants/needs either console, set up push notifications from this site, got my ps5 from Very last week, but there has been almost daily drops of ps5's across different places, 
The notifications are quick to land and take you direct to the page thats selling what console you are looking for

Would recommend this. I joined 4 days ago and there has been 5 drops since then.

Got a PS5 today from Studio after they sent the link at 7:50. As I said, I wasn't overly fussed not having one up until this point but happy enough one is on the way/it's one less that those scalping c***s can get their hands on.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaks suggesting Sony are ready to merge PS+ and PS Now and have a 3 tier subscription where the top tier would have a back catalogue of PS1 and PS2 games. They're never going to compete directly with gamepass by offering 1st party releases on day 1 as part of a subscription but could be very interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...