PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 07/02/2021 at 22:37, the_bully_wee said:

After two weeks of light usage, the R2 spring on my Dualsense has given up the ghost. Nothing like being charged £60 for a piece of cheaply built shite!

Had a similar issue with my Xbox controller. There was a known issue and it was replaced for free.

Might be worth seeing if Sony have a similar policy.

On 12/02/2021 at 12:17, KnightswoodBear said:

Shopto had some earlier, but their website melted down almost straight away and then it turned out they only had two bundles at £600 for the disc version and something similarly shite for the digital one.

I'm hopeful that Smyths get some more in again tomorrow morning

Managed to get another one off Smyth's this morning.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2021 at 20:53, well fan for life said:

Finally got my hands on a PS5 from Game last week. Got delivered earlier. God damn Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a beaut. 

Did you get any other games?

You need to download Astros Playroom if you haven't already, it's so cool and shows off all the aspects of the new controller. 

I'm now in the market for a ps5 to share with the kids. 

Anyone who's had success tracking one down, how did you go about it? Where is the bets place to look etc? Does anywhere have waiting lists or anything? 

Edit: or of course I just just read the exact page I posted on. Soz lads

Edited by madwullie

36 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Did you get any other games?

You need to download Astros Playroom if you haven't already, it's so cool and shows off all the aspects of the new controller. 

Had a blast of Astro's Playroom which is pretty cool even if just as a technical showcase.

Haven't picked up any other games as yet but I've unlocked the suit from Into the Spider-Verse so I'll entertain myself by doing this about 800 times:

Spider-Man Movie GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

38 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Anyone who's had success tracking one down, how did you go about it? Where is the bets place to look etc? Does anywhere have waiting lists or anything? 

Try following MSTV on Twitter if you aren't already. I turned on post notifications from them and just jumped on a link to Game that they posted. Waited in a queue for an hour then got one. 

Had a blast of Astro's Playroom which is pretty cool even if just as a technical showcase.
Haven't picked up any other games as yet but I've unlocked the suit from Into the Spider-Verse so I'll entertain myself by doing this about 800 times:
200.gif&key=12459492437c28cda91c1df3fed5fc0bbf98cde9ac6189ad0fb81a64dda3a0d2
Firstly, what the f**k are you doing playing that game at any time other than Christmas?

Secondly, the Spider-Verse suit altering your frame rate was a class touch but remember to turn it off if you change suit. I thought it had completely broken my game until I found out it was a perk.

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Firstly, what the f**k are you doing playing that game at any time other than Christmas?

Secondly, the Spider-Verse suit altering your frame rate was a class touch but remember to turn it off if you change suit. I thought it had completely broken my game until I found out it was a perk.

Surely buying a cutting edge console to run it at 60fps, only for me to spend it playing as an18fps character is a big brain move, no?

I followed a few ps5 stock update accounts on twitter, they are easy to find if you use the search function.

I got lucky with argos twice, both pre 5am after they already dropped.

You can add the ps5 to your basket via the argos app then I managed to purchase it on the website. Just by constantly refreshing.

Also worth registering with websites like game (the worst to buy off tbf) smyths, argos, currys, john lewis ect and have your payment details saved onto the account so if you get lucky and have one ready to be purchased its vital you have the payment at hand because every second counts. These drops can last a minute or like game you can be queueing for hours only to be told its sold out.

There is also meant to be ps5 stock streams on youtube that are ahead of the game, they alert you when stock is available.

I just got proper lucky though.

On 12/03/2021 at 08:40, madwullie said:

I've been luck and managed to get two from Smyths.  One for a friend and one for myself.

As @sergie's no1 fan says, follow a couple of the PS5 stock accounts on Twitter and set it to notify you whenever they tweet.  I was lucky and both of the Smyths ones I happened to have my phone in my hand when I got the notification that Smyths had stock.  Their website seems a bit more resilient than the likes of ShopTo and Game whose sites crashed the instant they put stock up.

Well thanks to this thread I've got twitter notifications for stockists, I'm checking Smyths, argos, amazon amongst other sites a couple of times a day. I'm not really in a mad rush although before my birthday end of April would be a good excuse. So the pointers in here have been well received 

Appreciate it #blokes

On 18/03/2021 at 16:07, NotThePars said:

Think I just copped a PS5 from Tesco. The problem is it's Springburn Tesco. Do they sell shotguns?

You getting it delivered? What games have you went for? 

13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You getting it delivered? What games have you went for? 

Nah, when I was putting in my details they ask for a postcode and give a list of options for store collection. Presumably they'll distribute them this weekend and contact me when it's available for collection. There was a whole stramash this morning about people in the Discord I'm in thinking the reservation site was fake but it would be one hell of a scam literally to get a hold of some phone numbers and email addresses.

I'm not sure yet! Probably gonna pick up Miles Morales and Demon Souls as they're the big exclusives so far.  Have you got one?

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Nah, when I was putting in my details they ask for a postcode and give a list of options for store collection. Presumably they'll distribute them this weekend and contact me when it's available for collection. There was a whole stramash this morning about people in the Discord I'm in thinking the reservation site was fake but it would be one hell of a scam literally to get a hold of some phone numbers and email addresses.

I'm not sure yet! Probably gonna pick up Miles Morales and Demon Souls as they're the big exclusives so far.  Have you got one?

Fingers crossed for you, sounds legit though. 

Aye I got one from CEX near Christmas, I've got Miles Morales but barely played it, I've been enjoying Valhalla the most. I'm literally playing South Park atm so probably wasting the power of the console 😂

Lemmie know when you're set up and I can scud you on fifa 😉

49 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Fingers crossed for you, sounds legit though. 

Aye I got one from CEX near Christmas, I've got Miles Morales but barely played it, I've been enjoying Valhalla the most. I'm literally playing South Park atm so probably wasting the power of the console 😂

Lemmie know when you're set up and I can scud you on fifa 😉

DM your ps username just now I've got a PS4 but I'll never play FIFA it is simply Not for Me.