PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

My PS5 arrived at midday today.  The verdict so far (do not read if you don't want light "spoilers" )

• The console is absolutely massive, even bigger than I thought it would be.  It looks fantastic and better than I was expecting.  It is a heavy machine as well, so can tell it is packed to the rafters with high-spec. 
  • Controller looks and feels great.  Nice weight to it and more ergonomical than its predecessors. 
  • The user interface is slick and the menu graphics are nice.
  • Weird like - the background music on the menu is cool/very relaxing.   
  • FIFA 21 and Call of Duty Cold War each took under 2 minutes to download.  Stupidly fast. 
  • Set up was nice and easy.

Now to get stuck into COD and FIFA.  Aware they are cross-generational so won't "show off" the console just now in terms of what it can do, but I am very happy with it so far. 

Console is alright. Its big .

Controller seems very samey but fine. Had to sort out the noise from controller.

Interface not to bad. Menu i just need to get use to.

For me downloading was also decent .

Everything has been fairly quick tbh

Overall I think its alright. Apart from being bigger n looking different , not really any huge changes i feel. Which is fine by me 

Originally I thought it looked massive, then after a few reviewers got there's I thought that whilst big it wasn't AS big as I had originally thought. After picking it up today, it is definitely as big if not bigger than my first impressions! My biggest gripe for a console that may not fit in the traditional place for a lot of people is the incredibly short HDMI cable and power lead. Mines JUST reaches.

The size doesn't bother me as long as that huge ass fan is doing its job and the console lasts.

I'm not sure about the controller feeling samey as previous poster says. It's grippier, has more heft to it and feels so much better. The triggers are pretty cool although I've only tried them in Cold War so far.

I also bought the headset and whilst the game sound is incredible (may not be to people who have other headsets or surround sound but it's incredible to me coming from just using the TV sounds), the microphones and party chat are very disappointing.

Originally I thought it looked massive, then after a few reviewers got there's I thought that whilst big it wasn't AS big as I had originally thought. After picking it up today, it is definitely as big if not bigger than my first impressions! My biggest gripe for a console that may not fit in the traditional place for a lot of people is the incredibly short HDMI cable and power lead. Mines JUST reaches.

The size doesn't bother me as long as that huge ass fan is doing its job and the console lasts.

I'm not sure about the controller feeling samey as previous poster says. It's grippier, has more heft to it and feels so much better. The triggers are pretty cool although I've only tried them in Cold War so far.

I also bought the headset and whilst the game sound is incredible (may not be to people who have other headsets or surround sound but it's incredible to me coming from just using the TV sounds), the microphones and party chat are very disappointing.

Is the charging cable longer? It's pretty much impossible to play a game while your controller's charging on the PS4.

There was a hoo ha with their courier, Hermes I think, not being able to deliver all of them on release day so it may be down to that.

Ah no worries. Cheers!

Was a big laugh as my colleagues were both stuck in hours long queues and I managed to snag the console and Miles Morales inside 10 minutes and got immediately to check out on the PS5 with 2 pads, Miles and FIFA.

Just got an email to say the first one is being prepped for delivery today.

Just call me Santa!

Is the charging cable longer? It's pretty much impossible to play a game while your controller's charging on the PS4.

Buy a longer cable. I practically use the connected cable all the time because the Bluetooth connection between my console and controller is awful.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Practically the same. "Longer" by the size of the USB A block part.

Anyone know if the 5 is better with other bluetooth headphones than the 4 was?  Would love to be able to use my very expensive bluetooth headphones without having to be tethered to the controller by the cable I can never find.  Would also be nice if they fixed the "sound skips when you press R2" problem that plagued the 4.

Picked mine up earlier tonight, haven't managed to switch it on properly (fucking work) so it's just sitting looking like a big fucking b*****d above me.  Will probably need a trip to Ikea to get its own fucking unit the fat c**t.

EDIT: Sitting here with a big stupit childlike grin on my face, and I've only started AStro's Playroom so far.  I know it'll probably end up gimmicky, but the controller stuff is really cool.

Edited by forameus

20 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Now to get stuck into COD and FIFA.  Aware they are cross-generational so won't "show off" the console just now in terms of what it can do, but I am very happy with it so far. 

Just make sure you're playing the PS5 version of COD. I think it boots up the PS4 version as default. You probably already know this.

Hoping to get one at Christmas or January - I don't have a 4K television so think it's maybe a bit pointless upgrading my console right now. Especially since I'm still enjoying Warzone anyway.

20 hours ago, #Gary said:

One of my pals bought the PS5 but the other three of us are still on PS4. We tried using party chat when playing Warzone last night but for some reason his headset is giving us an obscene echo all of a sudden. It goes away when he mutes the microphone in the settings on the PS5 but then it also seems the mute the microphone on his headset (not the official one). Anyone any idea what's going on here? 

Edited by Big Fifer

I’m not even that fussed about a new console yet and I still ended up on Game and Curry’s trying to score one. It would be less embarrassing to get into the brown.
I'm kinda the same as that. There's not any games that I desperately want to play for it and I have a back log of loads of PS4 games but every so often I find myself looking for stock of PS5s.

20 minutes ago, spud131 said:
2 hours ago, NotThePars said:
I’m not even that fussed about a new console yet and I still ended up on Game and Curry’s trying to score one. It would be less embarrassing to get into the brown.

I'm kinda the same as that. There's not any games that I desperately want to play for it and I have a back log of loads of PS4 games but every so often I find myself looking for stock of PS5s.

your completion rate on PSNP gives me the fear, stick with the backlog

Just now, spud131 said:
15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
your completion rate on PSNP gives me the fear, stick with the backlog

In fairness, the majority of games I play through to completion of the story, just not one for spending hours trophy collecting

> literally the aspect of it that gives me the fear

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I was in CEX yesterday getting my Switch fixed and clocked that they had PS5s in selling at just shy of 800 quid lol. Went online and turns out they’re buying them for 600.

I asked my mum to look into buying me one for Christmas and I'd pay 2/3rds of the price, I told her I really wasn't fussed if I didnt get one and to not worry about it. She bought one from CEX... 

I asked my mum to look into buying me one for Christmas and I'd pay 2/3rds of the price, I told her I really wasn't fussed if I didnt get one and to not worry about it. She bought one from CEX... 

Fucked it! Couldn’t believe it when I seen it. I know it’s not illegal or anything but for a second hand exchange store it’s a brass neck, IMO.

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Fucked it! Couldn’t believe it when I seen it. I know it’s not illegal or anything but for a second hand exchange store it’s a brass neck, IMO.

They are thieving b*****ds. I bought two Xbox controller from them last year, neither of them worked and he refused to refund me. Instead giving me store credit. Why the f**k would I want credit for a shop that sells things that I already know doesn’t work? 

I wanted to punch the smug fat specky ginger VL in the coupon. The one shop I would be happy to see go under due to the pandemic.

On 19/11/2020 at 16:19, accies1874 said:

I use a power bank for that problem mostly.