PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The 360 controller is a great design but I can't recall folk moaning like wee bitches about the PS1 and PS2 controllers. It appears it's only come about after the 360 controller was released. I imagine Microsoft have some sort of patent on their design so Sony maybe cant change it even if they wanted to. The PS4 controller was much better than PS3. My only gripe is the toggle buttons being a bit smooth but using thumb grips has made a huge difference there.

When I had a PS1 and and PS2 I did not moan, because I was actually a child and had small hands.

I've got a modified xbox pad that I use for certain games ie racing games, rocket league etc.

When I had a PS1 and and PS2 I did not moan, because I was actually a child and had small hands.
I've got a modified xbox pad that I use for certain games ie racing games, rocket league etc.
I knew adults who had both consoles as well that never complained though. I think the issue with PS1 and PS2 was more to do with the fact the toggle buttons weren't used as often back then. Once games required the toggle it was a bit of a change having to move the left thumb into a position rarely used for two whole generations. Xbox nailed it by replacing the pad with the toggle.

I still don't have any issues using it on the PS4 when I put in grips but I would prefer a 360 like controller tbh.

Personally I like both. Granted I've only used PS1-3, both OG Xbox styles & 360. PS2 is probably my favourite of the lot but thats partly nostalgia but also PS controllers have a better d-pad placement which is superior for 2D or games that use the d-pad heavily such as the Tony Hawk series.

Shoutouts to the dozen folk who unironically like the OG Xbox duke controller.

I've never used the Xbox One pad, I thought it looked rather clunky, I'm guessing that's not the case?

IMG_1605290263.547668.jpg

That’s a comp of the two there. The main difference in how they feel is my fingers wrap round the PS4 pad whereas they rest on the back of the Xbone. There really isn’t much difference apart from the placement of the analog sticks, the triggers on the Xbone feeling a little better and also the touch pad on the PS4.

IMG_1605290263.547668.thumb.jpg.59d1c08606402609bb3ee27f506722dc.jpg

That’s a comp of the two there. The main difference in how they feel is my fingers wrap round the PS4 pad whereas they rest on the back of the Xbone. There really isn’t much difference apart from the placement of the analog sticks, the triggers on the Xbone feeling a little better and also the touch pad on the PS4.
Aye I think that's it. Because it's like a box with nowhere to visibly wrap the fingers around it gives off the impression of being clunky. As I say I've never held one so definitely am not saying "it is" clunky.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

IMG_1605290263.547668.thumb.jpg.59d1c08606402609bb3ee27f506722dc.jpg

Aye I think that's it. Because it's like a box with nowhere to visibly wrap the fingers around it gives off the impression of being clunky. As I say I've never held one so definitely am not saying "it is" clunky.

It's definitely a vast improvement on the Duke. Feel like they've hit the sweet spot between not feeling lightweight and not being capable of killing your cat if you dropped it.

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Spent the early afternoon trying to get PS5s for my colleagues from Game. Managed to get one delivered from tomorrow and another with TBC. Does TBC basically mean “we have genuinely no idea?”

There was a hoo ha with their courier, Hermes I think, not being able to deliver all of them on release day so it may be down to that.

My PS5 arrived at midday today.  The verdict so far (do not read if you don't want light "spoilers" )

• The console is absolutely massive, even bigger than I thought it would be.  It looks fantastic and better than I was expecting.  It is a heavy machine as well, so can tell it is packed to the rafters with high-spec. 
  • Controller looks and feels great.  Nice weight to it and more ergonomical than its predecessors. 
  • The user interface is slick and the menu graphics are nice.
  • Weird like - the background music on the menu is cool/very relaxing.   
  • FIFA 21 and Call of Duty Cold War each took under 2 minutes to download.  Stupidly fast. 
  • Set up was nice and easy.

Now to get stuck into COD and FIFA.  Aware they are cross-generational so won't "show off" the console just now in terms of what it can do, but I am very happy with it so far. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee