PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

So with Black Friday occurring near the release date next month, do we reckon there will be some deals going on the ps5?

I would be very surprised if there are any deals for the console. All pre-orders are being snapped up as soon as they go live and the RRP is already considered to be fairly reasonable.

The only PS5 related bargains could be for services like PS Plus and PS Now.

I would be very surprised if there are any deals for the console. All pre-orders are being snapped up as soon as they go live and the RRP is already considered to be fairly reasonable.
The only PS5 related bargains could be for services like PS Plus and PS Now.
Aye, I dunno whether or not to hold off till after January. Might not have much choice anyway with all the pre orders selling out.

Need a 4k tv for it though so will be able to get a deal on one of them.

Was maybe hoping for some of they console + game deals you sometimes see.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get a pre order for the next gen consoles recently? I've decided to move to Xbox after being a Playstation user since Xbox 360. They seem to be sold out everywhere, though. Wonder if there will be more stock on release day. 

You'll likely have more chance of being sooked off by everyone at Sony themselves rather than get a PS5 this year.  I heard someone say they're expecting a second batch in December, but that is likely your best bet.

I thought XBox was more available, but maybe they've finally run out too.

I might end up getting one next week after all - work friend of mine ended up with two in the confusion and plans on getting rid of the 2nd for cost.  He half-promised it to me, and then half to a neighbour, so need to work out the best way of saying "don't give a single f**k about the neighbour and the kids, gie it to me"

Based on the first reviews coming out, I've just cancelled my Xbox pre order. It seems like a great bit of kit, but it's hard to justify the cost right now when no exclusives are out yet and I can play everything I want to on XB1 or PS5.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-05/xbox-series-x-review-future-of-video-games-not-quite-here-yet

I want to get a 4K telly soon, so I'll put the money towards that instead.

Based on the first reviews coming out, I've just cancelled my Xbox pre order. It seems like a great bit of kit, but it's hard to justify the cost right now when no exclusives are out yet and I can play everything I want to on XB1 or PS5.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-05/xbox-series-x-review-future-of-video-games-not-quite-here-yet
I want to get a 4K telly soon, so I'll put the money towards that instead.
I tend to find that is the way with many new console releases. Usually best waiting 12/18 months when there's a decent catalogue of games available and prices may have dropped slightly.

On 05/11/2020 at 13:05, RossC93 said:

Has anyone managed to get a pre order for the next gen consoles recently? I've decided to move to Xbox after being a Playstation user since Xbox 360. They seem to be sold out everywhere, though. Wonder if there will be more stock on release day. 

Sounds like there might be a chance of stock online for release day. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/ps5-stock-will-be-available-on-launch-day-through-uk-retailer-game/

https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/2020-11-08/ps5-preorder/

On 11/05/2020 at 17:50, The Golden God said:

Playstation, always had them and the Xbox controllers are horrendous. Doubt I'll get it till a new GTA comes out or they remaster Cod WaW though

Xbox pads are the best thing they have going for them. Playstation controllers are for children or people with tiny hands.

That's all I've got here, PC elitist so no skin in this game.

I reckon I've had my PS4 for as long as I had a 360, if not longer, yet still find my left hand slightly higher up as if I'm using an Xbox controller. Annoying when playing a game that reacts to any touch on the touchpad thing.

Xbox pads are the best thing they have going for them. Playstation controllers are for children or people with tiny hands.
That's all I've got here, PC elitist so no skin in this game.
The 360 controller is a great design but I can't recall folk moaning like wee bitches about the PS1 and PS2 controllers. It appears it's only come about after the 360 controller was released. I imagine Microsoft have some sort of patent on their design so Sony maybe cant change it even if they wanted to. The PS4 controller was much better than PS3. My only gripe is the toggle buttons being a bit smooth but using thumb grips has made a huge difference there.

That whole thread is baffling me. Are folk making fake videos of them pretending smoke is coming from their consoles or are some Xbox consoles giving off smoke?
I have seen a video of a ping pong ball floating over the fan, I gather some chucklefucks are trying to see if it would do the same with vape smoke.
Probably not the best idea using a vaporised liquid over electronics in the first place.

Kinda folks that result in peanuts having the May contain nuts warning on them.