PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got that email from Game last night, but couldn't log in when they advised you should check that.  Tried this morning, and I'm now in a queue of "more than an hour" just to log in.  Jesus fucking Christ.

So that "more than an hour" ended up being over 3.  And with 30 minutes to go they're sold out again.

Edited by forameus

Game adding £10 delivery charge to console orders sounds like a typical shitbag move for them. They really are a perfect company for Ashley to be involved with.

Putting out all the bundles with stuff most people probably don’t want but will pay extra to get just to make sure they get a console is also typical of them. Had a pal who was in a panic to get one and ended up ordering a bundle with the digital edition and other stuff because it was the same price as the disc drive version that he meant to buy. He managed to cancel the order but I wonder how many got caught out like that and maybe didn’t notice.

Edited by Rodhull

On 25/09/2020 at 16:30, NotThePars said:

Is there any chance of getting one of these in November if you don’t preorder?

Xbox or PS5.  If the former, likely after a few days.  Not as likely if the latter.  Rumours say they have not made enough - but Sony deny this. 

Edited by Antiochas III

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

Xbox or PS5.  If the former, likely after a few days.  Not as likely if the latter.  Rumours say they have not made enough - but Sony deny this. 

Xbox, yes. I'm probably gonna take the Series S but no overly fussed about preordering etc just picking up when I can pop in somewhere and get one.

Slightly off topic, well kinda but what’s the best gaming monitor to get for new Xbox and ps5? All suggestions much appreciated.

Depends what you’re after. Do you play fast pace shooters/multiplayer games or more the story/adventure sort of thing? Basically comes down to frames/input delay vs resolution.

Depends what you’re after. Do you play fast pace shooters/multiplayer games or more the story/adventure sort of thing? Basically comes down to frames/input delay vs resolution.

The 3 games I’ve only played in the last year have been Modern Warfare, FIFA and PGA 2K21 and will likely be the same although the newer versions.

I used to play on my big tv in the living room but had lag which I’m guessing was from the size of it even though I changed to gaming mode. Currently playing on some shitey 12 year old 25” tv so I’m looking to upgrade that and monitors seem the way to go but not exactly sure where to look online.

The 3 games I’ve only played in the last year have been Modern Warfare, FIFA and PGA 2K21 and will likely be the same although the newer versions.

I used to play on my big tv in the living room but had lag which I’m guessing was from the size of it even though I changed to gaming mode. Currently playing on some shitey 12 year old 25” tv so I’m looking to upgrade that and monitors seem the way to go but not exactly sure where to look online.

If you’re not into serious “ranked” sort of modes with COD and just like to f**k about with your pals then a higher refresh rate probably won’t be all that necessary. Especially on console, since I’m sure the game will be locked at 30/60fps anyway. I’d opt for one with a good resolution and 60hz refresh rate. You don’t need something ridiculous if you’re sticking with console.

ETA: Just noticed you’re on about the new gen; in which case futureproofing yourself a bit might be a shout. Maybe a 144hz monitor would be a decent investment for future titles/games. Pricey but they are quality.

If you’re not into serious “ranked” sort of modes with COD and just like to f**k about with your pals then a higher refresh rate probably won’t be all that necessary. Especially on console, since I’m sure the game will be locked at 30/60fps anyway. I’d opt for one with a good resolution and 60hz refresh rate. You don’t need something ridiculous if you’re sticking with console.

ETA: Just noticed you’re on about the new gen; in which case futureproofing yourself a bit might be a shout. Maybe a 144hz monitor would be a decent investment for future titles/games. Pricey but they are quality.

What about this mate?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/pc-monitors/pc-monitors/acer-nitro-vg270upbmiipx-quad-hd-27-lcd-gaming-monitor-black-10195212-pdt.html

Looked at curry’s as I have vouchers to use there.

You could probably get away with something cheaper but it’s a good monitor for sure.

Well, paid the deposit and got an email saying my pre-order for a Series X was successful with Curry’s. Still think there’s a decent chance of getting an email with some kind of ‘sorry but our allocation was lower than expected’ type message.

Edited by Rodhull

I'm not sure if this can be answered but I'll ask anyway:

I've seen a lot of chat about "upgrades" for current gen games so you can play them on the next gen consoles, but, as far as I'm aware, both consoles will be backwards compatible so what's the point in these upgrades? Will you be able to play a PS4 disc on a PS5 for free? Are these actual upgrades i.e. look better, load quicker etc. and playing an old disc on a new console won't have this? Is it just a way to rip off the public for something they should be getting for free?

It's up to the game developer/publisher really.

Every Ubisoft game on PS4 for example will have a free upgrade to PS5.

Your PS4 disk only entitles you to a digital version of the PS5 game and then acts as your license for playing it. Of course, most games are backwards compatible so will play on PS5 anyway whether that's with it without the updated visuals etc.

Edited by #Gary