PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pre-ordered PS5 from Argos (standard edition) and have got an OLED 4K TV on the way with an HDMI 2.1 cable too.  

Eye-watering on the credit card and will take a while to pay off, but thinking since we will be on COVID lockdown again soon, may as well go full bhuna on the entertainment for what will be a  long and really pish winter ahead...bring it on!

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Ooft, that's a huge acquisition for Microsoft. It'll be a bold move if they decide to make all their franchises XBox exclusive.
Given Ms also have obsidian that would be fairly powerful back catalogue and intellectual property kicking about

That's massive for Microsoft. They're always bleating on about not believing in exclusives and making gaming accessible to everyone so the proof will be in the pudding here.

Personally not fussed about most of their titles (other than Oblivion, I've never got that into any of their other titles including Skyrim and the Fallout series) but appreciate that it's still massive.

Interesting times ahead.

Interesting timing too.  If this means that the likes of Elder Scrolls titles do end up being XBox exclusive, I'd be a bit miffed if I bought a PS5.  But I'm not sure that is enough to make me buy an XBox.

Although would it be better sense for Microsoft to keep it non-exclusive, and reap the profits of selling a title across all consoles (or in the case of Skyrim, on anything with a processor)?  Surely that would bring them more than keeping it exclusive?

Interesting timing too.  If this means that the likes of Elder Scrolls titles do end up being XBox exclusive, I'd be a bit miffed if I bought a PS5.  But I'm not sure that is enough to make me buy an XBox.
Although would it be better sense for Microsoft to keep it non-exclusive, and reap the profits of selling a title across all consoles (or in the case of Skyrim, on anything with a processor)?  Surely that would bring them more than keeping it exclusive?

Fairly certain they’ll not be exclusive and Microsoft will just rely on the fact that anyone who buys an Xbox or PC Gamepass won’t have to shell out 70 bucks to play the next Elder Scrolls

Konami was trending ahead of Bethesda as loads of people were demanding Sony buy Konami. As much as that's completely toys out the pram material - I'd love it if someone used Konami's back catalogue better than they have done for the past 15 year.

Not a fan of all these third party companies being gobbled up by the power houses, but that's the way of the world now. 

Arkane (Dishonored, Prey) have produced some of my favourite games of the recent generation of consoles and I like the look of Deathloop. I'm sure Deathloop still be on both PS5 and Xbox, but will I need to get an Xbox for future Arkane titles?

Among the Switch, a back catalogue of PS4 titles and a 1080p TV that will need upgrading, I'm quite happy to wait out the first year of the next-gen to see how things go.

Edited by bunglebonce

I can see it being platform timed exclusives but ultimately going on all.
Microsoft are pushing game pass as the be all and end all and it's available on pc, xbox one and the xbox series consoles. That's manufacturing costs reduced and losses due to preowneds cut and a steady income for the passes.
But if they want to make more money they will have to release versions on other consoles..

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

I can see it being platform timed exclusives but ultimately going on all.
Microsoft are pushing game pass as the be all and end all and it's available on pc, xbox one and the xbox series consoles. That's manufacturing costs reduced and losses due to preowneds cut and a steady income for the passes.
But if they want to make more money they will have to release versions on other consoles..

I don't even think time exclusives will be a thing except maybe a Beta here or there.  It will be "free" on Gamepass day 1, and full £70 price on PS5.  

Basically Microsoft are gonna make the Sony fans pay for their game developments.  

Edited by Antiochas III

Think the PS5 will still comfortably outsell the Xbox.  I cannot see Microsoft making the likes of Elder Scrolls or Fallout now exclusively Xbox - the fallout would be massive for them and they'd lose more money than they'd gain from such a move plus damage the hard-earned rep of those games.  I can see it getting slotted into the Game Pass with an exclusive 3-6 month window at launch as well, with the rest of us paying £70 odd (no complaints). 

The implications of Bethesda deal are also still a good 2-3 years away from being known (i.e. once the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout is released) and by then I can see the cheaper version of the Xbox being down in the £100s.  If it is indeed an exclusive and I am desperate to play the game, I will simply pick up the cheaper Xbox as well. 

14 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Think the PS5 will still comfortably outsell the Xbox.  I cannot see Microsoft making the likes of Elder Scrolls or Fallout now exclusively Xbox - the fallout would be massive for them and they'd lose more money than they'd gain from such a move plus damage the hard-earned rep of those games.  I can see it getting slotted into the Game Pass with an exclusive 3-6 month window at launch as well, with the rest of us paying £70 odd (no complaints). 

The implications of Bethesda deal are also still a good 2-3 years away from being known (i.e. once the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout is released) and by then I can see the cheaper version of the Xbox being down in the £100s.  If it is indeed an exclusive and I am desperate to play the game, I will simply pick up the cheaper Xbox as well. 

tumblr_7e5b778b296af3e8cf76fcf7eb6efee1_9626c1a5_500.gif

Looks like there is going to be a lot of disappointed young'uns at Xmas this year cos mammy and daddy got the Series X and Xbox One X mixed up. Look at that increase in sales, presumably from folk thinking they got the latest console for a steal!! 

IMG-20200923-WA0001.jpg.480d3389010e9fae61e20c074dece8b2.jpg

Was always stupid to name it so close to previous generation anyway. 

So after I thought Currys completely shat the bed with their preorders, I got an email about an hour ago saying that I'd secured one, with a preorder number and everything. Although I can't see any money having left my account...

Wit are the Currys daein  Tom?!

EDIT: an update email with a jocular "sorry lads, mistake". Seething.

Edited by forameus